Did the Seahawks just punk the media?

sutz

Reaction score
I haven't seen or heard a lot this week, as I work nights and miss a lot of the prime time TV and radio. I did watch a little bit of media day, so I'll go with that.

Marshawn basically flips off the media-bots with a 6 1/2 minute stay in the booth, but then has a great little chat with Prime Time afterwards. I didn't see the interview he did with M-Rob yet, but heard it was great, too.

Sherman blows up the internet with his comments post game last Sunday, then puts on his classy hat and 'apologizes,' not for his rant per se, but for instigating a distraction from his teammates. On media day, he is all smiles, jokes, and straight answers, even to the bogus questions.

Reporters like Clayton are whining to the league, while color guys like Kurt Warner are saying how Marshawn basically nailed it when talking to Prime Time, the slip up with the S-bomb notwithstanding.

So now, they're into practice and the week is starting to get back to a normal football week for the players, and there doesn't seem to be much for the media to talk about except, well you know, football stuff.

After the fertilizer based weather event that was the leadup to SBXL*, it seems like this time, the team nailed it pretty good.

:)

TheHawkster

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat.This is being orchestrated by someone.
It happens too often!
When media attention goes on one man, the rest asked questions about the other guy.
If its intentional, the media gets a lot less overall. And Seattle laughs at everyone.

You're talking a lot less about how perfect Manning is
if Marshawn is doing 7 minute media sessions and being a pain.

This team knows something. It is near.....

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I'm thinking Marshawn could benefit from some film study on how respond to the media :lol: , but I'm happy to hear and see what little we received.

The take away I got from Lynch's responses is how unselfish he is. I absolutely love how he responded to Deion's question that basically talked about Denver's plan to shut him down. "they gotta stop everybody; you feel me? We got some dawgs" Major man crush for that response! I'm sure that motivated his teammates even further.

The there was Richard Sherman's very purposeful, but seemingly humble responses/remarks. He again commented about the 'ducks' Peyton throws, while remaining respectful and politically correct. Then he talked about "visualizing the game two or three times" as part of his preparation. When the reporter asked him how those visualization ended, he replied "very well," or something close to that. Purposely targeted, yet subtle psyche warfare...I love it! 8)

falcongoggles

Reaction score
I do not know if this is orchestrated, but it is working out nicely. I feel like the Broncos are completely anonymous outside of Peyton while the Hawks have the villians (Beast, Sherm) and good guys (Russell and Coleman). This beats the hell out of SB XL* and the slurping of Bettis' @#$*.

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
It was startling to see, after the collective media gathered thousands of hours of interviews, that they (at least NFL Network) mostly talked about Marshawn not talking. The next day, when MikeRob came in to "block" for Marshawn yesterday, 1) it was hilarious and 2) it provoked a tsunami of sympathy for Beast Mode. Clayton was about the only big name media member to get a vagina cramp over it, which makes me wonder if it was a calculated response to get clicks or whatever.

Because most NFL'ers are willing to go along, people forget that public speaking is the #1 most common fear. I think Marshawn's reasons go beyond that, but seeing how very uncomfortable he was, there might be an element of glossophobia to it.

Overall, yeah, the Seahawks have kind of owned the airwaves and internets lately.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
They look like seagulls chasing scraps.

You know it occurs to me that I've read several media types and talking heads proposals for "how to stop Beast" , " How to stop Russell", and how "Manning can beat the LOB" but I can't recall any media discussions in the other direction. They seem to be busy game planning us. I know our staff doesn't need Jaws opinion of how to sack Payton I just think it's strange this is all one sided.

jman316

Reaction score
I cannot imagine how overwhelming that scene would be.

Not only that, but add in the worry that anything you DO say might be twisted, misinterpreted, and/or taken out of context, I think his unwillingness to put himself out there for the American media is completely justified.

Just check out his interview with NFL Japan to see the difference.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Largent80":fqtc58e4 said:
Here is what Lynch had to deal with....

VC1WusC

EXActly...THey look like they have a bunch of swords attacking the 2 warriors that have no defenses. Come Sunday.....the gauntlets are on. :16: :mrgreen:

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

ceej22

Reaction score
This is not orchestrated by the Seahawks. Lynch HATES being up there and the team wouldn't put him.im that situation. Like he said he is up there so he doesn't get fined. If you had watched yesterday's interview you old see how agitated be was before Mike Rob lightened the mood for a minute. It's a darn good thing we have him back to keep Lynch focused while the NFL subjects him to media bullying.

Also, I don't know what some of you are talking about but I have seen plenty of talk on how to beat Manning and it revolves around getting pressure and big hits on him early with the front 4 along disrupting the routes. And I don't see anything wrong with them talking about his legacy. He has earned it by being on of the best QBs to ever play. Also he is the ONLY QB to lead 2 teams to the Super Bowl. Had Carroll been able to get him the media would be saying the same thing. That is not a bias against Seattle.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Largent80":6lmcseu7 said:
Here is what Lynch had to deal with....

VC1WusC

It reminds me of that moment in The Blues Brothers when Jake and Elwood have paid the taxes, and then they turn and there are all these cops and SWAT men with guns pointed at their heads.

OP
OP
sutz

sutz

Reaction score
ceej22":3o3k5p6o said:
This is not orchestrated by the Seahawks. Lynch HATES being up there and the team wouldn't put him.im that situation. Like he said he is up there so he doesn't get fined. If you had watched yesterday's interview you old see how agitated be was before Mike Rob lightened the mood for a minute. It's a darn good thing we have him back to keep Lynch focused while the NFL subjects him to media bullying.

Also, I don't know what some of you are talking about but I have seen plenty of talk on how to beat Manning and it revolves around getting pressure and big hits on him early with the front 4 along disrupting the routes. And I don't see anything wrong with them talking about his legacy. He has earned it by being on of the best QBs to ever play. Also he is the ONLY QB to lead 2 teams to the Super Bowl. Had Carroll been able to get him the media would be saying the same thing. That is not a bias against Seattle.
No, he isn't. :179419:

HawkFan72

Reaction score
sutz":oz4dialp said:
I haven't seen or heard a lot this week, as I work nights and miss a lot of the prime time TV and radio. I did watch a little bit of media day, so I'll go with that.

Marshawn basically flips off the media-bots with a 6 1/2 minute stay in the booth, but then has a great little chat with Prime Time afterwards. I didn't see the interview he did with M-Rob yet, but heard it was great, too.

Sherman blows up the internet with his comments post game last Sunday, then puts on his classy hat and 'apologizes,' not for his rant per se, but for instigating a distraction from his teammates. On media day, he is all smiles, jokes, and straight answers, even to the bogus questions.

Reporters like Clayton are whining to the league, while color guys like Kurt Warner are saying how Marshawn basically nailed it when talking to Prime Time, the slip up with the S-bomb notwithstanding.

So now, they're into practice and the week is starting to get back to a normal football week for the players, and there doesn't seem to be much for the media to talk about except, well you know, football stuff.

After the fertilizer based weather event that was the leadup to SBXL*, it seems like this time, the team nailed it pretty good.

:)

Yeah basically all the media has to talk about is how the Seahawks weren't "nice" to them during media sessions.

mikeak

Reaction score
PTI blasted the media for hounding players like the do. They blasted the type of questions they ask

Couldn't agree more

Basis4day

Reaction score
ceej22":b63smw9x said:

*Cough* KURT WARNER *Cough*

HawkAroundTheClock

Reaction score
jman316":2anctkju said:
Just check out his interview with NFL Japan to see the difference.

Right! And he was cool with Deion.

Which makes me wonder why not a single media person has mentioned... glossophobia. It's the fear of public speaking and it is the #1 most common fear. I don't know if Marshawn has it, but that look on his face before Mike Rob jumped in was not just exasperation and frustration. He appeared to be nervous, almost beyond control, and anxious.

My woman has it. For me, having performed on stage and taught in classrooms, it's baffling. I don't understand it. I've watched her practice a presentation perfectly at home, then watched her stammer, shake, and fluster her way through it for a crowd.

Beast Mode might just "not like it" or want to stay focused on "that action" but I'm shocked that in the hundreds of TV/radio hours and hundreds of print stories, I haven't heard anyone mention the fear of public speaking.