Thursday of superbowl week...still not a fraction of nerves

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
as the NFC championship game.
I know as a fan, unless at the game, i have 0 effect on the outcome.
But it just feels odd to me.
This is probably the biggest game in Seahawks history to this point.
This is normally the point in the week where im just looking for anything to feed on, player interviews, quotes, anything.
But this week im just being very casual, occasionally checking this site, checking NFL Network and the like.
I dont know if its the whole " hasnt set it" or "doesnt feel real" type of deal.
But it kind of worries me.
I 100% havent even considered the fact the Seahawks could even lose this game.
I could be setting myself up for a let down of my sporting life time.
I've watched all my major sporting teams lose in the championship game at some point.
Im just as passionate about my LSU Tigers, as i am our Seahawks.
I watched LSU lose to my most hated team of ANY sport in Alabama, embarrassed 21-0 in the national title game.
And its just starting to hit this would be 1000 times worse than even that loss.
Yet here i am, still completely calm.
Anyone else still in this sort of quite confidence this close to the biggest game?

TheTruth

Reaction score
I'm in the same boat. I think though, that most of nerves from the week going into the 9er game had more to do with how catastrophic it would be to have our season end by losing to them in our house. Losing to them would have been much worse than losing to the Broncos.

Giblien

Reaction score
I feel the same way - for a couple of reasons.

1) I am a TOTALLY different person than I was during XL. I was in a bad place in my life during XL. Lonely, depressed, misreable. The Seahawks were the only positive thing I had going that season which made the loss almost unbearable.

Now, I have a wife, goals, faith, basiclly a life, joy and hope outside of football...but I am still a Seahawks mainiac.

2) I have WAY more confidince in this group to win the big game than I did in the 05 squad. We are a much more well rounded team with way more grit. That's the thing this squad has in BUNCHES that the 05 squad seemed to miss: Grit and optimism. I have not had a "Same old Seahawks" moment all season long.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I wish I could say the same, the nerves are slowly creeping in and I suspect I'll be a mess by 3:30 Sunday.

While I have more confidence that I ever have for a Seattle sports team, I still dread the worst. This is Seattle, SB's have never been for us..........so it's incredibly nerve wracking.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Listening to all the veteran players speak about how the nerves will hit the guys has me worried a bit. Payton and Champ have been there before. Our young guys will have to pull it together quickly after it hits.

HawkerBacker

Reaction score
Gotta agree with shadyhawk. Nothing like the NFC Championship game. A loss there would have been devastating not only for the team but for the 12 philosophy as well. Would have taken a long, long time to overcome that one. Superbowl's great but for this 12 beating the 49ers was easily on the same stage as this. This game just feels less pressured and hopefully they play fast and loose this week and seize the win there too. Want to add a SB trophy to top it off!

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
All signs of emotional repression leading up to a big nervous breakdown during the game (j/k)

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22qhkka9 said:
I wish I could say the same, the nerves are slowly creeping in and I suspect I'll be a mess by 3:30 Sunday.

While I have more confidence that I ever have for a Seattle sports team, I still dread the worst. This is Seattle, SB's have never been for us..........so it's incredibly nerve wracking.

This.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Man as the week has gone on, the more nervous I have become. I mean it just seems like as the week has gone on, the more and more people have been talking up the Broncos and how great they are and how we don't really stack up. Its driving me nuts!

rjdriver

Reaction score
I'm getting nervous. I think I'm done watching TV, these "experts" are causing me to question the confidence I had right after the NFCCG.

This has been the slowest week ever. I'm ready to watch some football.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I would prefer not to become the Minnesota Vikings of Super Bowls, but hey, if the Seahawks won that SF game, this game should be a piece of cake in terms of them settling down, not getting nervous, etc.

They obliterated Denver-lite once and should have done it twice (yes, I'm talking about New Orleans). I feel as though if Seattle loses a matchup like this, it will be due to some of the same irritating mistakes that they have made at times in the past two seasons, and oh well, you live by the sword and die by the sword. If this were best of five, I know Seattle would win. One game is a SSS, so hey, sometimes the ball doesn't bounce your way.

So I guess I feel confidence that they should win while being aware that I can't even imagine what that would be like if they actually did it because I've never seen it for any pro team that matters in this city. But mostly, I'm glad that we at least beat SF and got here.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I'm still settled. I'm sure I'll be close to a nervous breakdown by 3:30 on Sunday, but right now, I just can't work up a sweat about the game. It feels set in stone to me.

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Best thing you can do for yourselves if you fall into the nervous camp: turn off ESPN, turn off NFL Network, and quit listening to the so-called "experts" who probably couldn't have found Seattle on a map three weeks ago, let alone have any substantial knowledge of a team they have all but ignored for the bulk of its existence.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I think this barrage of coverage (isolating the game) has made things easier. But I think I will likely start stressing Saturday, hyperventilating Sunday.