The Dichotomy of SBXLVIII

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
On one hand, I have been recording every main show and news broadcast this week covering the Seahawks segments and SBXLVIII. ESPN, NFL Network, all the local news shows and specials...It's great to see how fired up 12 Nation is, and all of the Seahawks-related shows, footage and specials. I want to live in the NOW as R-dub always says, and savor every moment of this special time for all of us.

On the other hand, it's wearing me out with all the micro-analysis of the game. I understand that is the job of the media, to discuss all the breakdowns and what they think each team is going to try to do to the other from exploiting weaknesses, miss-matches, schemes, etc, etc, but they are just repeating themselves over and over and over. Add to it all the pointless perpetual blabber about Sherman and Lynch in regards to the media and it's all I can do to want to stop watching anything any more. I just want the damn game to start.

Anyone else?

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I've reserved special Seahawk coverage day for Sunday. I figured most of the 2 weeks was going to be noise, and unfortunately, it sounds like my premonition was correct.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
I haven't watched this much NFL Network since the two weeks leading up to Super Bowl XL. Yes, lots of it is fluff, nonsense, and straight up garbage, but to me that is all part of the fun of going to the Super Bowl.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I feel the same way. Today was the first day I really said "I'm tired of this. Sunday needs to get here."

Rocket

Reaction score
The overall stupidity of the media, sports or whatever, is rapidly increasing.
You could watch Lynch's interview Thursday morning and feel his discomfort in your gut... partly because the questions were SO SO STUPID.
Journalism is dead...

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
It does show the difference between SB40 and this game: SB40 there wasn't nearly as much discussion about what the Seahawks were going to do. It was Steelers 80%/Hawks 20% of the discussion.

With this game being #1 v. #1, the balance is better...but then the minutiae starts to be emphasized as all of these reporters tread the same ground over...and over...and over...

kidhawk

Reaction score
Aros":38yn8mve said:
On one hand, I have been recording every main show and news broadcast this week covering the Seahawks segments and SBXLVIII. ESPN, NFL Network, all the local news shows and specials...It's great to see how fired up 12 Nation is, and all of the Seahawks-related shows, footage and specials. I want to live in the NOW as R-dub always says, and savor every moment of this special time for all of us.

On the other hand, it's wearing me out with all the micro-analysis of the game. I understand that is the job of the media, to discuss all the breakdowns and what they think each team is going to try to do to the other from exploiting weaknesses, miss-matches, schemes, etc, etc, but they are just repeating themselves over and over and over. Add to it all the pointless perpetual blabber about Sherman and Lynch in regards to the media and it's all I can do to want to stop watching anything any more. I just want the damn game to start.

Anyone else?

I do find myself tiring of the same old story lines on the tv networks. Some of the most interesting stories are coming from the internet. I've been watching NFLN, ESPN, FOX Sports and it's all regurgitating the same thing over and over. I am finding a lot more interesting stuff online and in here honestly. Although I must admit that my work has been suffering. I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do starting February 3 (Maybe the 4th)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
It does wear on me, but for how long have we complained that NO ONE pays attention to us? East coast media bias? Everyone hates Seattle?

Finally we're in the SB and the Hawks are front and center for all the attention we could ever want or ask for............so I'm not going to complain. I say enjoy it.

Lanakila

Reaction score
After watching the Lynch interview I began to sour on the whole media circus dog and pony show. It's become kind of embarrassing. Clayton's hissy fit didn't help either. I used to look forward to listening to him at 4. Now he reminds m of a fussy old lady.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Lanakila":170aug1l said:
Clayton's hissy fit didn't help either. I used to look forward to listening to him at 4. Now he reminds m of a fussy old lady.

I'm with you, and if it comes out that Clayton was the one who reported Lynch to the league for violating his media requirements Seattle fans are going to run his old ass out of town.

Jiggy

Reaction score
I got my fill this morning listening to Skip Bayless start off one of his rants by more or less giving Sherman the benefit of the doubt on his Peyton comments from a month ago. Then turn around attempt to make Sherman out to be the bad guy after Peytons very late sarcastic response.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I've limited myself to about an hour and a half a day. Probably won't turn a pregame on until around 2:45 on Sunday. However, I WILL be recording the game on my DVR and re-watching the victory and trophy presentation regularly.

A question for folks.....does anyone know what format a DircTV basic Hi-Def DVR records in? Is it .TS? I would like to transfer the game to my hard drive for future burning purposes. Or should I just wait and buy via Amazon (I think that's where folks said copies will be avaialble a few weeks after)?

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
I stopped watching or reading anything out of the media a while ago. It's not journalism anymore, it's pot stirring. So-and-so said this, or didn't say anything. Quotes taken out of context for headlines, creating conflict...it's all a joke. hacks trying to get their names to trend on social media and get as many clicks as possible without actually writing anything of meaning. I haven't heard a single story out of NJ this week that isn't about something Sherman said, or something Lynch didn't say.

The media has done nothing but talk about the media for a week now.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I'm over it a little. Like others, the Lynch/Clayton thing soured things quite a bit. I watched Pete's presser yesterday with national media types, and you could actually feel the smugness emanating from them as they asked ridiculous questions about PEDs and pass interference. It was sickening.

I know it probably doesn't garner ratings, but I wish this week was more about spotlight coverage and analysis of lesser known players on both teams. Of course, that requires people do some actual work rather than recite the same national talking points over and over again.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3499gdcx said:
I know it probably doesn't garner ratings, but I wish this week was more about spotlight coverage and analysis of lesser known players on both teams. Of course, that requires people do some actual work rather than recite the same national talking points over and over again.

What I don't like is media week has turned into one big parade of "gotcha" journalism, instead of what it's suppose to be...........which is a fun way for media members to talk casually to the players.

Now every hack reporter from bumf%&! Iowa is trying to make a name for himself, so the interviews and questions are now harsh and antagonistic with the intent of getting a rise out of the player. This is not good for the sport, so the league either needs to limit access to just the credible journalists, or allow players to opt out.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
I'm just coming here. All I hear about the media coverage is what I find on this site for the most part. Crazy as this place gets, there's a certain level it maintains through sheer focus.