Saluting Former Seahawks On SBXLVIII Eve Eve...

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
We've done these kinds of threads before but I woke up thinking about the players of our past that I would like to call out, honor, spotlight in our own unique ways as the Seahawks attempt their second shot at the Lombardi. I would like to keep this thread positive so please only post a player (and photo) that you remember fondly, for any reason, who has played for the Seahawks. I will start.

Steve Broussard

Steve_Broussard_Seahawks_203b.jpg

For some reason I woke up this morning thinking about Bruiser. I always loved his kick returns! Ready to take it to the house at any moment. Low to the ground, stout with deceptive speed.

kidhawk

Reaction score
So many favorites, but one that reminds me of our current LOB and should be an honorary member...

Easley all

Jbo

Reaction score
Curt Warner is my first fav seahawk.... Watch him run and that cool logo on the helmet is what made me a seahawker for life :th2thumbs:

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
One of my favorite early Seahawks was Sherman Smith, who is RB coach now. I think it's great that a true "original" Seahawk will get a SB ring.

Shermansmith

kidhawk

Reaction score
Hawkstorian":2etzq4hg said:
One of my favorite early Seahawks was Sherman Smith, who is RB coach now. I think it's great that a true "original" Seahawk will get a SB ring.

Good Call. I was thinking about this the other day when he was mentioned during Media Day.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nice John! That is very cool!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
It's funny! I was just thinking the other night about Joey Galloway because I had a cheapie jersey of his as a kid. I remember being really excited about him even though he was a one-tool WR with his speed. I wonder where he would rank amongst the best Seahawk WRs of all-time.

Also, I'm shouting out Chris Warren, Sam Adams, and of course Tez. I remember being irritated that those guys never got love on SportsCenter as a kid (loved watching Olbermann and Patrick every morning before school), but then again, about eight straight 6-10 seasons doesn't get you love, does it?

EDIT: Sorry, Aros. :lol:

Sam Adams

130202adams600.jpg

Chris Warren

130207-warren-600.jpg

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Pics people! Pics!! All you have to do is Google/Bing their name, go to the image gallery, find the photo, right mouse click Copy Image URL, then paste the url between the

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Sherman Smith

shermansmith1.jpg

Joey Galloway

joey-galloway-001092430.jpg

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
Yeah, I always loved Galloway, even though he held out in '99. Seattle never had a receiver with his raw talent before then and not again until probably Harvin.

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
How 'bout No. 89 Brian Blades? He had the tough task of being the guy that came after the legend. I always liked him and admired his toughness -- dude could take a shot and get up and keep playing.

brian.jpg

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
John L. Williams was also a beast in Tecmo Super Bowl, which is good because he, Dave Krieg, and Brian Blades were the ONLY offense that video team had.

On the other hand, playing as one of the three worst teams in the game always gave me a good challenge as a young'un.

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
110719jackson980.jpg

If you like your defense BAD, then you loved the "True" Michael Jackson.

12th_Bob

Reaction score
No Tez or Walt yet, kind of Surprised.

Shout out to Zorn!