First time we got The Stones

kidhawk

Reaction score
Largent80":33tgwl60 said:
This time Bruno Mars?.......... :pukeface:

I'll probably miss the halftime show this year. I know last time that I was so focused on the game that I used almost the entire half time getting myself ready for the second half. I don't think I saw one second of the musical half time entertainment for Super Bowl XL and I doubt I will this time either.

kidhawk

Reaction score
kinesmajor":10m3pvad said:
I'll take the red hot chili peppers!

I don't think there's anything that could get me to watch the halftime show live during a Seahawks Super Bowl. Too little time to be prepared for the second half to be distracted by the whole spectacle for me

Greenhell

Reaction score
Bruno Mars is a hella talented kid. Fine by me.

Axx

Reaction score
i believe the RHCP are only playing because bruno mars has 'a' song with rock instruments.

how many more years in a row will Pepsi give us horrible pop artist who's target audience is teenage girls

kidhawk

Reaction score
Axx":3dzrgxln said:
i believe the RHCP are only playing because bruno mars has 'a' song with rock instruments.

how many more years in a row will Pepsi give us horrible pop artist who's target audience is teenage girls

Probably for as long as it takes to get every female in the country to watch the Super Bowl

volsunghawk

Reaction score
Can't even imagine watching a second of the halftime show. They've never featured an artist I was interested in, and that trend continues.

I didn't even know who the halftime show was for XL until I saw this thread.

kearly

Reaction score
I actually like having Bruno Mars do the halftime show. It's going to pull in millions of female viewers who wouldn't tune in normally, and artificially inflate the ratings. Being 1 vs 2 matchup in NYC this was already going to get huge ratings, but having that extra element pretty much guarantees this game will break ratings records.

kidhawk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":gjug6zqj said:
Can't even imagine watching a second of the halftime show. They've never featured an artist I was interested in, and that trend continues.

I didn't even know who the halftime show was for XL until I saw this thread.

I had totally forgotten (I'm sure I must have known at some point, game day would have been inundated with it). Then I decided to re-watch (for the first time) the 30 minute review of Super Bowl XL done by the NFL network each season and it was mentioned there.

I think when we win this one, I'll probably watch replays of this every year and never forget :)

tom sawyer

Reaction score
I miss the good old days with chicks and loose clothing drops half-time shows... we're turning into prudes or what?!!

Tical21

Reaction score
Bruno Mars is good. Things could be, and have been, much worse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
We got Beyonce last year...too bad they were down by like 3 TDs so couldn't enjoy it. LOL.

I think my favorite was Prince playing Electric Guitar in the Rain.

pugs1

Reaction score
I'm a 70's and 80's rock guy but I'm cool with Bruno Mars. That dude is a great entertainer! I didn't watch the Stones in 05 had to go buy cigarettes to calm the nerves.

Cartire

Reaction score
I like it. Kid reminds me of a young MJ. Like the funk aspect of his songs.

Greenhell

Reaction score
Axx":11onil4i said:

Heard an interview with Mars and he said that he was asked if he wanted to headline or include another act. He selected RHCP because he's been a fan for a long time.