Just when you thought Broncos fans...

ManBunts

Reaction score
I have to say in general the Broncos fans I've heard from are upstanding folks. Really, to call any fanbase "bad" is a bit misleading. Every barrel has a few bad apples, our own included.

And it's not like you can knock Colorado. We're pretty much in lockstep politically, we love good football and make some damn good beers. Only major difference are the oysters...

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
To be honest if it was any other team but us in the SB I would be rooting for Denver.

I like their fans, and they used to have a rabid fan base that was just like the #12s now.

But really they endured a lot of what we did recently. Yes they have a lot of SBs in their past but they also have a lot of SB losses until that win too.

After that though, for years, they had a team that was stuck with a terrible QB that got credit for wins his defense provided. Then they got a good (HOF) QB and were a clear favorite but lost in a heartbreaking last moment, just like we lost in a heartbreaking last moment against Atlanta.

They have some great football savvy fans that love the game, and a lot of our players. Sure they have some absolute doorknobs that want to denigrate anything the Seahawks do or have accomplished, but half of those people are just people screaming Go Broncos because they hate the Seahawks.

I don't for a moment believe that Peyton "deserves" a damned thing, but I would love to see Denver fans win a SB because they do. Just not against us. We have been through as much if not more. Plus, Seattle has earned this one.

And the only player I don't like on their team is Welker, and only because of some recent things he said. He still was and is a hell of a player. But almost any other group of fans would have been as bad if not worse. Most likely MUCH worse.

Denver has some great fans. Even if I used to HATE them when they played in our division.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
To be honest, I like both cities. If I was forced to choose one to live in, I'd have to flip a coin--cold winters or rain. I moved to So-Cal because I hate rain and cold weather, but the only local team I've adopted are the LA Kings. To be honest, if my wife's family wasn't Seahawks, and if I didn't like the 12's so much, I wouldn't have a rooting interest in this game. However, I want Seattle to have a victory parade. Denver's had four in the last 16 years. They don't need any more for awhile.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The guy did get one thing wrong. IIRC the Rothlisberger TD was a fourth down play so it would have been Seahawk ball. I had a friend of mine who is a Steeler fan call me after the game, happy that they won, but he couldnt' believe how bad the Hawks got hosed. Yeah, he's a diehard Steeler fan and said that.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
The worst Bronco fan I know is a member of my family (we're originally from just south of Denver). Since my dad moved to Nevada in the early 70's or so, all of his seed are Hawks fans to the bone. But my uncle talks shiz to us EVERY week, regardless of who we play or who the Broncos play. With that said, he does it all in fun. With hopes we rib him back on "horse face" or "donkey punching" (my favorite! I hope the world gets to see what Donky Punching really is on sunday ). The rest of the bronco fans I know are pretty awesome people.

Denver is a good part of the country. Lots of the "good ol' boys" from this region. Worked the earth to their knuckles on outlying ranches and farms. Generally with that kind of work ethic taught, so was respect by the parents. Sure there are some real douche's Im sure, just like we have. But overall, compared to the 9er's, stEAler's, Pat's fans, they rank right up there with Saints fans as some of the best I think.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
We've never had any problems with them until the past couple weeks, as to be expected. I wouldn't call them anywhere near the worst.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
That thread is pretty interesting, seems as time goes by, more people are remembering SBXL for what it really was. Just a complete abomination, whether it was intentionally slanted towards the Stealers or not to get the conclusion of the Bettis storyline? Who knows.

Love the lone Stealer fan showing up and writing a novel. :lol:

Erebus

Reaction score
Seeing other fan bases stick up for us is nice, but it hurts reading that thread. I still get pissed off thinking about that sham.

irocdave

Reaction score
I could care less how Donkey fans feel about SBXL...it was BS and I would rather not hear about it again as it took so long to forget it. They can suck up all they want, but reading the posts on that same forum reminds me of the webzone. 75 percent of the posters are ignorant at best and in general, the Donks fan base think they will win because " it's our year" or PM " is so great and we bleed PM". Not to mention a cast off from the worst team in the NFL is going to be the difference maker for them?. LOL. So they cherry picked the greatest QB to ever play the game and now feel they have to represent his cumulative legacy? PHSSS. Draft your own QB and watch him develop like every other fan base. Take the losses and stay with it until the wins come.
Just like the Donks did with Elway. The new Donks fans are the same as the niners majority lame fan base, expectation of greatness without experiencing the low points. Pay your dues Donky fans, Seattle has AND THIS IS OUR FRIGGIN YEAR! add another loss to that total.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll say this, the Broncos were coached by the Rat, given he basically destroyed them once he got control I can see them feeling this way, having their Icon take over as well and actually do something positive is a dream come true for them.

Shaz

Reaction score
If we weren't in the Super Bowl I'd be rooting for Denver, I don't hate them or their fanbase (Even though we have a history with them from the AFC West days)

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It was without a doubt the worst called SB I have seen. At least lopsided. The only one that REALLY bothers me is that Locklear was called for holding Haggans, who was a mile offsides on the play that went to the 1. I saw it a mile away and when the flag came out LATE I was certain that it was offsides.

That reversal led to a chain of events that would have never taken place. I knew that the Hawks were not allowed to win after that one call. I let it go right there and never let it bother me again. Totally out of the team's control.

Least penalized team in the league gets 7/70?

Steelers had 3 calls... 2 were procedure and HAD to get called. They had ONE penalty on judgement.

Yeah... LOL. Big Dork and his awesome game.

I don't see that same thing with the Broncos happening and I let the XL thing go a long time ago. It's cool that they acknowledge it. I would be pulling for Denver if we weren't playing them too.

Smellyman

Reaction score
Doesn't change the fact that Orange Mane is filled with posters who appear to suck at life.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
largenutz":3t5dvfui said:
WOW, cant believe what Im reading, Im dying out here! Me pulling for the broncos is worse than me rooting for SF.
Relax, we're about that action, Boss.

Pulling for Denver is frankly offensive in my opinion and as for San Francisco really?!?

Miile High

Reaction score
ManBunts":3py5hzhu said:
I have to say in general the Broncos fans I've heard from are upstanding folks. Really, to call any fanbase "bad" is a bit misleading. Every barrel has a few bad apples, our own included.

And it's not like you can knock Colorado. We're pretty much in lockstep politically, we love good football and make some damn good beers. Only major difference are the oysters...

Thank you. :th2thumbs:

I've seen so many posts on here about Broncos fans are morons, dont' know football, etc. Huh? For the last two weeks since the Superbowl matchup has been etched in stone, I've seen thread after thread on here where people post links to Broncos forums, pointing out how a few Broncos fans sound like idiots, then assuming most/all Broncos fans know nothing about football or don't respect the Seahawks. That couldn't be further from the truth. I know football, and I respect the HELL out of Seattle, and as a Broncons I'm extremely worried about Sunday.

and yes, Seattle and Denver are very similar cities. I actually lived in Bellevue for 3 years from 08-2011 before moving to Denver. Loved Seattle, and I also love it here in Denver. Great cities.

And by the way, we have oysters here in Colorado. Rocky Mountain Oysters. Goggle it ;) 8)

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":lzhq4w6c said:
Relax, we're about that action, Boss.

There is no logical reason why I should keep laughing at this since you've done it a bunch of times this week, yet I do. Geez, I love Marshawn.

Laloosh

Reaction score
Refs... hate those guys.

Attachments

• bcref.jpg
    bcref.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 867

zhawk

Reaction score
I have a long memory...I hate the Elway donkeys :smilie=angry016.gif: