Mike Salk on 710 today

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Really liked his interview, but there was one comment he made that kinda caught me off-guard. He mentioned that he was surprised by how much the Seahawks were getting talked about and and how little he felt the Broncos were being discussed. He pointed to Sherm, Marshawn, Pete and even Mike Rob as examples of the Hawk players being discussed the most. He felt that the Broncos were the team "waiting in the weeds" because our team was being talked about the most.

I gotta disagree with him on this angle, all I have heard from ESPN and NFL Network is Peyton manning, his legacy, their amazing offense, Pot Roast and how much better their defense was playing now with little snippets of Hawk talk in between.

Here is a link to his interview for those interested in listening:
http://mynorthwest.com/category/pod_pla ... 164&p=3&n=

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blitzer88":187nr684 said:
I gotta disagree with him on this angle, all I have heard from ESPN and NFL Network is Peyton manning, his legacy, their amazing offense, Pot Roast and how much better their defense was playing now with little snippets of Hawk talk in between.

Really? Felt like all we've heard all week is Lynchgate sprinkled in with a little Manning and Sherman.

Basis4day

Reaction score
I've listened to Mike Salk's Boston show and hes not really the same guy he was when he was here.

OP
OP
Blitzer88

Blitzer88

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1kvhz67h said:
Blitzer88":1kvhz67h said:

Really? Felt like all we've heard all week is Lynchgate sprinkled in with a little Manning and Sherman.

I am more talking about when they actually talk about the game, not so much the pressers and such. I seem to think (feel) that they tend to highlight the Broncos more often and in more of a brighter light than the Hawks when given a chance.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Brock made Salk better and Salk made Brock better. O'Neil has a way to go to be close.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Blitzer88":2nbs6t64 said:
Sgt. Largent":2nbs6t64 said:
Blitzer88":2nbs6t64 said:

I am more talking about when they actually talk about the game, not so much the pressers and such. I seem to think (feel) that they tend to highlight the Broncos more often and in more of a brighter light than the Hawks when given a chance.

idk, I've watched a lot of the NFL network shows, and it's been pretty equal.

Thank god for the little scrolling bar next to the screen telling us what's coming up for discussion. I just look at that, then come back when a topic about the Hawks comes up.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
Blitzer88":359ky5wa said:

I think the tendency is that things that upset anyone (more Denver talk) is what gets remembered.

Also, it's a lot easier to talk offense and show offensive success (scoring) than it is to highlight defense.

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
Seems like NFLN is much more even split while ESPN and others are more like all Manning. I was actually shocked to hear recently that the donks might have other players on the team.

davidonmi

Reaction score
I like Danny but Salk and Brock were such a great tandem, Brock hasn't been as good since. I also miss having a true baseball voice in Salk as well. And by what I take away Salk is hated in Boston, too bad

Tical21

Reaction score
Brock did not make Salk better. Salk succeeded despite Brock.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Never thought Salk was all that great. Oh well to each their own

kidhawk

Reaction score
I was just thinking today that when it comes to the Broncos, all we are really hearing (nationally anyway) is Manning with a little Welker. Ours seems much more team oriented whereas with the Broncos it's all about Manning with a little win one for Champ mixed in

davidonmi

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2uanrkq1 said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2uanrkq1 said:
davidonmi":2uanrkq1 said:
And by what I take away Salk is hated in Boston, too bad

Really??

Here's an article from the Boston Globe that was published a week ago.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-weei-needs/VdVpxwaJe632L89YAQWzkI/story.html

I liked Brock and Salk a hell of a lot more than Brock and Danny.
good grief the boston media and press must be crazy huge, I couldn't imagine seattle every publishing an entire article analyzing a sports radio host.
It is too bad, I also follow him on twitter, he takes a lot of guff. Brock and Salk were the best show in town and it wasn't even close, whether it was baseball season or football season, they were the best.
Now there's some good but none great, mitch is too early, Elise and Jerry sucks, Furness sucks, I hate softy, I hate groz, the two shows that are halfway decent is the afternoon and morning shows on 710

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I dunno man, I've been recording every NFL Network Total Access this week and it sure as Hell seems to me they are talking Seahawks 80% of the time.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
mbtitleist":2ew8xrvg said:
theENGLISHseahawk":2ew8xrvg said:
davidonmi":2ew8xrvg said:
And by what I take away Salk is hated in Boston, too bad

Really??

Here's an article from the Boston Globe that was published a week ago.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2...-weei-needs/VdVpxwaJe632L89YAQWzkI/story.html

I liked Brock and Salk a hell of a lot more than Brock and Danny.

That article seems like a transparent attempt to help a buddy get Salk's job.

Latest posts