Billboard Wars in Raliegh, NC

aawolf

Reaction score
I thought y'all would find this amusing. So, fans of the Wisconsin Badgers bought a billboard in Raleigh, along Capitol Blvd., which claimed Russell Wilson as their own (and misspelled his name as "Russel"):

BfK8 5GIUAAV Ef

Shortly thereafter, fans of the NC State Wolf Pack made their own billboard and put it up on Capitol Blvd. (while intentionally misspelling "Wizconsin")

BfQh3GrIYAAyehR

Its amazing how much both schools love him and want to claim him.

OP
OP
aawolf

aawolf

Reaction score
kidhawk":2drfhrcc said:
was the state misspelling in reply to misspelling "russell"?

I think so. I didn't do it though.

samwize77

Reaction score
Never forget where you came from Russ!, BUT, YOU'RE OURS NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mikeak

Reaction score
That is awesome

Capitol Blvd - there is a fantastic bbq place with cheap as heck hushpuppies - man that is one thing I miss

joeseahawks

Reaction score
I live in Raleigh, NC and talk Radio here has been all Superbowl all week.
Of course Russell is the big topic of conversation. NC State has many other players on the SB Team: Hauschka, Sweezy, ...
The big thing with Russell here is how he left NC State and then coach O'Brien. National Media is trying to make a story out of it, of course ...
People in Raleigh love Russell and will be glad, if he can win the SB. Russell is simply an amazing young man.

BullHawk33

Reaction score
I think the way he left Raleigh is one of those no fault situations. He was playing baseball, didn't really commit to football at the time and you can't blame a head coach for not wanting that to be an issue. He graduated in 3 years and went to Wisconsin. Had the head coach let Russ back, he would have been a great starter for them too.

NC let him go, which was the right thing to do. Wisconsin took him, which was the right thing to do. In the end, Seattle claimed him. He's ours! Now keep your failure to spell check to yourselves!

irony - thread about billboard spelling errors with spelling error in title.