ESPN Expert Picks...A Joke!!!

Hawkboi

Reaction score
This morning there were 4 picking the Seahawks, not sure what changed? But, now there's only 3 picking the Seahawks... Not sure but I think Carter changed his pick sometime today... This is a real joke!!! Maybe good for our Seahawks!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

SEAHAWKSTER

Reaction score
The less on the ban wagon the better then when we win it will be all the more sweeter!!! We all we need we all we got.... Go hawks!!!!!

ASuperForce

Reaction score
I think Carter got called out so much that he changed his pick out of spite. :lol:

OreIdahawk

Reaction score
jerseyhawk":3jlla84a said:
The less on the ban wagon the better then when we win it will be all the more sweeter!!! We all we need we all we got.... Go hawks!!!!!

FAIL....... :34853_doh:

DrDix

Reaction score
So much of a joke that the picks have no effect on the game itself!!! Wow! Crazy witchcraft going on here.

OP
OP
Hawkboi

Hawkboi

Reaction score
I'm almost thinking that most of the so called experts don't believe the Bronco's are going to win... I think they're giving Peyton respect, and really don't care if they're wrong... Nothing really to lose, including face... Most don't have much of that anyway... GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Many of the players think that because we are so young that we will lose composure and Peyton with his experiance will seize on that. I think it was the play maker who said every one loses it at some point in the superbowl the only question is how quickly can you get back.

Aside from Manning how many Broncs have played in a super bowl anyway?

Jville

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":35kwsrqh said:
Hasselbeck":35kwsrqh said:
lol Carter did switch. How hilarious

He was offered free Papa John's for life. :roll:

That reminds me ..... I forgot to pick up Ivar's 20oz Clam Chowder on sale here locally. Got to put that at the top of my list for tomorrow morning.

Yea ..... I can schedule and run my life 24/7 now that I am retired.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Jville":3ifnxh4p said:
PlinytheCenter":3ifnxh4p said:
Hasselbeck":3ifnxh4p said:
lol Carter did switch. How hilarious

He was offered free Papa John's for life. :roll:

That reminds me ..... I forgot to pick up Ivar's 20oz Clam Chowder on sale here locally. Got to put that at the top of my list for tomorrow morning.

Yea ..... I can schedule and run my life 24/7 now that I am retired.

You can change your schedule whenever ya want too. When ya are retired that is. :)

:thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers: :thirishdrinkers:

hawkfan1975

Reaction score
I didn't get a harumph outta you!

Less Hawk picks the better. Traditional respect of the vet qb is all.

Hawks are going to give the vet a handfull Sunday.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
brimsalabim":276krtru said:
Many of the players think that because we are so young that we will lose composure and Peyton with his experiance will seize on that. I think it was the play maker who said every one loses it at some point in the superbowl the only question is how quickly can you get back.

Aside from Manning how many Broncs have played in a super bowl anyway?

Not a lot. Jacob Tamme was in one with Manning in Indy. Rogers-Cromarties with the Cards in 09. I think there were two more whose names escape me, but none of them have rings.

plyka

Reaction score
Hawkboi":3efnycyg said:
This morning there were 4 picking the Seahawks, not sure what changed? But, now there's only 3 picking the Seahawks... Not sure but I think Carter changed his pick sometime today... This is a real joke!!! Maybe good for our Seahawks!!! GO HAWKS!!! :thirishdrinkers:

You have to differentiate between experts, tv/radio personalities, ex players and biased individuals. Take a guy like Stink (i don't know his real name), the man would almost sell his first born for Peyton to win. He is on ESPN all the time. His opinion is worthless because it is so biased.

The real "experts" who are not biased carry some weight with me. Jon Gruden picked Denver by a small margin --this means something to me. Why? Because he knows what he is talking about. He is an NFL coach, he is well regarded by all --most importantly, he actually studies the tape.

But you take guys like Stephen A Smith. Not only does he not know much about football, but he doesn't know much about the Seahawks either. He is a TV personality, not on TV for his knowledge, just on for his entertainment value. Chris Carter is another one. Just because you're a player, even a hall of famer, doesn't mean you actually know anything. The Hall of Fame means you're a good regular season player, it doesn't mean you're not an idiot.

In the end most of these "experts" don't count for much. Not because some of them don't know football, but because it's impossible for most of them to be educated on every team. They don't watch all the Seahawks games like you or I, they don't actually study this team. So by result they don't know much and can't make good predictions.

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I know I lost what respect I had for those espn experts opinions. Not that i was mad they picked against the seahawks but the reason behind it. Most said it was a tough match up so they would go with the "battle tested" experience of the broncos? Which is a joke when you look at the totally different paths these teams have taken to the superbowl this season especially after the NFCCG. So I expect and hope for a brutal wake up call for these analysts on superbowl sunday on how good this team really is.

djb28

Reaction score
Skip Bayless... Pick, Denver " Because of Denver's Defense"

Oh boy..