Jermichael Finley wants to Sign with Seattle

VancitySeahawk

Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... g-seattle/

“I mean there’s a couple of teams I would love and would be on the first flight out to play with but like I said the Packers are going to come at me with something and I’m going to go to them first and see what they’ve got and if it’s not I would love to be on the first flight out to good old Seattle,” Finley said.

Whether the Seahawks land Finley or not, the notion that the Seahawks have become a magnet for free agents is very good news for a team that could remain a contender for years to come.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
And so it begins.

Finley won't be the last one that wants to play up here. Word is out.

nanomoz

Reaction score
He could be a bargain, with his injury/concussion history.

But damn dude, let's talk about the Superb Owl! ;)

mistaowen

Reaction score
If he could get his head straightened out he is a top 5 receiving TE in the NFL. God that is awesome to hear. We have officially become the Patriots of the early 2000's where a lot of high profile players want to play for us just to be a part of 'the team.'

I'd love to sign him but Miller's contract is very reasonable next year and is a fantastic blocking TE while Luke Willson is being groomed into the next stud for us. I don't really see a spot for him unless our FO wants to cut ties with Zach.

chris98251

Reaction score
Saw a segment on NFL network that was featuring Sherman, it had one aslepct that showed and said that players are texting, tweeting or whatever Sherm asking if Carroll is really that cool and if having fun in practice was true, answer was yes yes.

Seems that FA's are already testing the waters. I'll wager that a lot of other players are getting these as well.

main

Reaction score
He's going to want too much money. We need to save that salary cap money for Wilson, Sherman, & Thomas..

Hawks46

Reaction score
The best thing about this is that players also know they're not going to break the bank here.

Bennett and Avril have already proven that guys can get paid a fair amount, but not get the fattest contracts. Pete has created an environment that players love, and at the end of the day...all these guys want to win. And we're the best spot for that.

No state income tax certainly has to help.

kearly

Reaction score
Must... wait... three more days... before... rosterbating...

Argh! I can't hold it in anymore. I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March, and if the Steelers axe Troy Polamalu to get out of his $8.25 million cap hit, I think he'll be on the first flight to Seattle as well. Cleanup on aisle three!

Course, we are going to lose some guys. Rice and Clemons are obvious cap casualties, with Bryant and Miller being in play. I think Seattle will have the flexibility to go after some value free agents, and usually the best bang for the buck FAs are defensive players over 30. Finley though? It's cool that he wants to come here, but I don't think he really fits what the Seahawks do.

ASuperForce

Reaction score
I'd rather keep McCoy at a reasonable rate if he's healthy and I doubt Finley would take much less than Miller, who might be cut because of how much he makes.

nategreat

Reaction score
kearly":t7v63v36 said:
Must... wait... three more days... before... rosterbating...

Argh! I can't hold it in anymore. I think Jared Allen will be a Seahawk this March, and if the Steelers axe Troy Polamalu to get out of his $8.25 million cap hit, I think he'll be on the first flight to Seattle as well. Cleanup on aisle three!

Course, we are going to lose some guys. Rice and Clemons are obvious cap casualties, with Bryant and Miller being in play. I think Seattle will have the flexibility to go after some value free agents, and usually the best bang for the buck FAs are defensive players over 30. Finley though? It's cool that he wants to come here, but I don't think he really fits what the Seahawks do.

I'm curious as to what you think Polamalu's role would be, or what role he'd like to take, if he came here, what with ET and Kam and everything.

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Thats awesome. Love to see that free agents view Seattle as a premier destination.

plyka

Reaction score
Please bring me Finley on a platter. He is a TE on Graham's level. Same type of big, fast, great hands --almost a massive WR. I would rate him as Graham, Julius Thomas, Vernon Davis, Gronk, etc. --that type of TE. He is very good. His only downfall is that he is Percy Harvin like injury prone. But that may be good news, due to his injuries and thus his sub par production this year, he should come at a great deal like price.