Percy Harvin factor

tom sawyer

Reaction score
This is really being ignored by all the naysayers, this guy was HUGE in the Saints game and we only had him on the field for a blink... if we would have had him against SF it would have been 34-17 or maybe even MORE!

I love this, it's like having a ringer really, he is AMAZING and the world will come to appreciate this fact on Sunday!!!

Raptor12

Reaction score
Yeah, I like me some Percy. One of the real X-factors of the game. Really hope he bust it out Sunday.

We got this Boss....

Hawks46

Reaction score
He's not being ignored; I saw some of the Playbooks on nfl.com talking about Harvin.

Most analysts that I've read say they haven't seen Harvin be a factor in an entire game all season, so he has to show up and show something before he can be counted on. Which is what much of us have said honestly.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Anyone that thinks Harvin is not a huge factor in this game, needs their head checked.

joeseahawks

Reaction score
Anyone knows the Denver secondary? I remember Keanan Allen (Rookie SD Chargers) having a monster game against their cornerbacks in Denver. How fast is Champ Bailey these days? Can he keep up with Percy , Tate, Baldwin or even Lockette?
Who are our fastest Receivers? I would think Percy and Lockette. The play action with Lynch and the shot down field with those fast guys should give us an advantage. I really see us scoring 40 points in this game. I don't think they can stop Lynch and It will force them to bring an extra player in the box, which will lead to big plays.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
joeseahawks":377bs7iq said:
Anyone knows the Denver secondary? I remember Keanan Allen (Rookie SD Chargers) having a monster game against their cornerbacks in Denver. How fast is Champ Bailey these days? Can he keep up with Percy , Tate, Baldwin or even Lockette?
Who are our fastest Receivers? I would think Percy and Lockette. The play action with Lynch and the shot down field with those fast guys should give us an advantage. I really see us scoring 40 points in this game. I don't think they can stop Lynch and It will force them to bring an extra player in the box, which will lead to big plays.

Doubt Lockette sees much action on offense... he'll probably be strictly used as a ST gunner

DRC is their best DB by a long shot.. and Del Rio usually puts him on the opposing #1 WR.. so I imagine he'll shadow Percy whenever possible.. Champ has been hurt all year and is a shell of his former self. Tony Carter is very average and Quentin Jammer is absolutely terrible.

The Broncos are also banged up at safety too.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":35ikawhw said:
joeseahawks":35ikawhw said:

Doubt Lockette sees much action on offense... he'll probably be strictly used as a ST gunner

DRC is their best DB by a long shot.. and Del Rio usually puts him on the opposing #1 WR.. so I imagine he'll shadow Percy whenever possible.. Champ has been hurt all year and is a shell of his former self. Tony Carter is very average and Quentin Jammer is absolutely terrible.

If Denver puts DRC on Harvin, that's a win for us even without throwing the ball to Harvin. Suddenly Tate and Baldwin see #2 and #3 cover guys...on a team that has lost a few guys in the secondary to start with. Even if DRC can lock up Harvin...which I don't think he can, that matchup will lead to good games for Tate, Baldwin, and Kearse.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
Can't wait to watch Percy go to work on Sunday, you have to think he's going to be jacked after having missed virtually the entire season (and most of last year too). Now he's healthy and gets to play in the friggin' SUPER BOWL?! Dude's going to be flying on Sunday and I for one can't wait.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Looking back to the pre-season game - Tate had a great day running back punts against the Bronco special teams unit, and we all know that Kearse had a kickoff he returned to the house. I would call the Broncos ST units suspect in terms of their ability to defend against returns. Both Harvin and Tate have a great opportunity to give Seattle great field position, if not points outright.

lsheldon

Reaction score
Just hope Denver doesn't go head hunting to put Harvin out of the game. I don't know if they are as low as the Taints, but you never know.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":20c4lsfw said:
joeseahawks":20c4lsfw said:

Great comments here. DRC is no doubt their best and the rest are slow, inexperienced, or just plain terrible. The last time we faced them, we had Browner (whom Manning went after relentlessly) and Winfield (who got burned by Welker). Thurmond III played GREAT in that game, and Lane has looked sharp as well. I fully expect to see Thurmond and Maxwell be the ones that Manning attacks. I still believe he will not shy away from Sherman though, like many suspect he will.

chris98251

Reaction score
He has to go after Sherm a few times so the field stays wide, if we sense that he is focused on one side it's bad for us and him, all it will take is for Sherm to try and cheat a route and the guy he is on go deep and it's a easy 6, also keeping Sherm wide creates space for the screens and the rubs on that side of the field, Sherm in that space again takes away a larg part of the work area for him.

Laloosh

Reaction score
It's not like passes aren't completed to that side. He will throw to Sherm's side. I doubt he'll try to go deep on that side though.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
tom sawyer":3k68w5qz said:
This is really being ignored by all the naysayers, this guy was HUGE in the Saints game and we only had him on the field for a blink... if we would have had him against SF it would have been 34-17 or maybe even MORE!

I love this, it's like having a ringer really, he is AMAZING and the world will come to appreciate this fact on Sunday!!!
Relax, he will be in the WHOLE game...Boss.

CallMeADawg

Reaction score
chris98251":1ykwxgr4 said:
He has to go after Sherm a few times so the field stays wide, if we sense that he is focused on one side it's bad for us and him, all it will take is for Sherm to try and cheat a route and the guy he is on go deep and it's a easy 6, also keeping Sherm wide creates space for the screens and the rubs on that side of the field, Sherm in that space again takes away a larg part of the work area for him.

Seattle seems to play those rubs really well, due to their physicality. We have to tackle well in this game, and lay down the boom when we do. If they want to eat shoulder for a few yards, I think we will take that any day. Decker is soft, and I don't think he is going to have a good day, unless he gets away with a bunch of PI.

On the flip side, Harvin and Tate have to be on their game early. Seattle has the ability to get Denver into that "Oh no not again" mindset. The storm at the beginning is going to be for Denver setting the tone against the run - if Harvin and Tate can help neutralize that storm, Lynch will have a better day and we can get those boys on their heels.

Their secondary is borderline garbage, other than DRC and perhaps the skill set Bailey has left in him. At the linebacker position they do have one guy that is decent and can be a big time playmaker if allowed. Pot Roast played in that preseason game and did absolutely nothing worth calling home about against Seattle's O-Line.

Not related to Harvin, but I wanted to mention that Hill did well against the run in that preseason game, and I had almost forgotten how good of a player Jordan Hill is when healthy. I see him having a big day as a dark horse on the defense.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I really hope Percy can add something to our offense this Sunday, we need him to help us stay on the field.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have a healthy WR core for the game less Rice, that means you can run a lot of deep routes because the guys can rotate winding the DB's which for Denver is already slim depth wise. We have not had this luxury for a while.

I also thought Ladanian Tomlinson made a great observation, our WR's run like RB's after the catch, meaning Tate, Harvin and to a degree Baldwin, I think we rotate them a lot to keep match ups shifting and us fresh. LT actually thought our offense was more of a match up issue then ours with Denvers. He also brought up the read option, what do you do with Lynch, Harvin and Wilson if lined up in the back field and how do you match up with it. There is no film to study.

HawkWow

Reaction score
That's what most fail to identify in our pedestrian WRs. Tate, Baldwin, Kearse. Harvin..all run like RBs. Even Wilson runs like a running back. Add Lynch, Turbin and MRob...it's like 8 players on the offense that can navigate traffic, while being elusive and/or are hard to bring down.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
There is a slight possibility that Percy Harvin takes over this entire game.

We all know what he can do and DOES do when he gets the chance. In a winner-takes-all game with his involvement he can literally have his way with that powder puff defense.

He has been dying to get here and now he has his chance against a gaping gash of a defense.

He WILL have an impact.