something that stands out watching Rain City Redemption.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Man the offense was way more on fire when Wilson ran more himself.
I know, this has be beat to death, but its an incredible difference.
I know there are also SO many other factors like defenses they played, Rice being there etc.
But him running stands out.
I cant think of a time in the playoffs yet where there was a designed run play.
I may just be forgetting if they did, but i cant think of any.
Kept defenses from zeroing in on Lynch.
With Russell, Percy, and Marshawn that type of play calling from last year on offense would be deadly.
So, that was a long winded way to ask, in the playoffs, have they actually ran any designed Wilson run plays?
I know they've cut back on them alot, but have they ran them at all? Or have i just been reading too much on .net and bought into the whole " we dont run the read option anymore" stuff?

Nearpost

Reaction score
I get the feeling they're trying to turn him into a "quarterback". I don't know that those plays were called, but more improvised.

Pete Carroll has said it in pressers and so has Russell. Stuff like, running is not the plan.

If he busts it out tomorrow(clock just struck 12) then it will be as unexpected as a trick play.

OP
OP
S

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I was thinking about that alot watching this. Russell has even less to work with now then he did last year. Without Rice and Mccoy.
People are constantly blowing up the line and sending him scrambling. It looked like the occasional read option, helped the line from getting blown up as much because they couldnt commit to one runner, as well as obviously helping the running game. But not running it all people just go in an Lynch, luckily Beast Mode has been up for the challenge.

Status
Not open for further replies.