My Keys To Victory

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Clearly I don't pretend to have the X's and O's smarts that some of our folks do here but I thought I would offer up my elementary keys to victory for tomorrow.

RUN WILSON RUN!

There are a multitude of reasons as to why Wilson's stats have dropped over the past six weeks. You can't just point at one thing. What I do believe part of the problem is may have to do with Russell being instructed to play more within the pocket and avoid any mistakes (I hate the term Game Manager) which to my eyes looks like it has taken quite a bit of his organic, dynamic playmaking ability out of the equation in favor of a more conservative, "Let's pound the rock and not make any mistakes" philosophy instead of the more dynamic let it fly paradigm that we have seen in spurts this year. This isn't a Bevell Bashing piece either. I think the coaches have ingrained in Wilson a sense of playing it smart and yes, sometimes conservatively. Tomorrow, you have to go back to what got Russell Wilson national attention in the first place. Allow him to make his reads and do what he needs to do to make the play. Mix up the play calling and let Wilson do his thing.

BEAST MODE ACTIVATE!

This brings us to the "No **** Sherlock" portion of my analysis. To secure the Seahawks first World Championship, Beast needs to pound the rock. He won't win the game in the first and second quarter, but he can and will wear down that Denver defense in the second half. Clearly, Wilson's ability to successfully play action and create yards in the passing game will open up the chances for success on the ground. If Beast Mode sniffs 22+ carries and 100 yards, Denver's chances of victory have taken a serious, perhaps fatal blow. Let the Skittles rain down!

BE SPECIAL!

One of the most overlooked aspects on the Seahawks this week has been our exceptional special teams. From Ryan's ability to create favorable field position and our excellent kickoff coverage to the potential of our punt return and kickoff returns via Percy or Tate and Hauschka's money leg 53 yards and closer, this is a powerful element of our game that could be the difference.

DEFENSE, DON'T CHANGE A THING BABY.

You don't break what isn't broke and right now the league's #1 defense is firing on all cylinders. Don't try to outsmart Manning because that won't happen. Instead, you play your game, man-on-man, and you beat them down with your speed, physicality and your own smarts of the game. The Broncos offense has not even sniffed a defense with our talent from top-to-bottom and it will show tomorrow. Sure, Manning will get his passing yards and they may even score two or three TDs, but the second half will be where you earn your Lombardi. Play smart, out physical them, create turnovers, fly to the football and you will win the matchup. In other words, just do what you do.

THE X FILES: OPERATION HARVIN

Be creative and intelligent in how you choose to use Harvin's snaps. Give the Broncos looks they have not seen on tape this year. Their defense is forced to account for him on every single play which creates favorable mismatches in Seattle's favor. Line him up in the backfield. Have one or two trick plays ready to go. Anything that creates confusion for Denver's defense is a victory in its own. Keep them off guard. If Harvin factors in this game for at least one TD, that may also be the difference in the game.

VOLUME 12!

That's for you 12's in attendance! Don't forget to hydrate and LET THE PLAYERS AND THE WORLD HEAR YOU AT METLIFE!!!

Hawkstorian

Reaction score
I think the key is don't freaking lose a fumble on the first snap of the game. If they can just settle in, get over the anxiety of the big stage and play football I don't see any way we lose.

The only argument for Denver winning is their QB, who hasn't played a defense like this all year. You beat Peyton Manning by disrupting his timing and not letting him get in your head. I have no doubt LOB is up to that task.

On offense, the impact Percy Harvin will have can not be over stated. New Orleans was crapping their pants when he was in the game. The entire offense becomes more potent just having him in the huddle.

I'm doing all I can to not predict a monumental blowout here, folks. It's hard for me to see it any other way.