Just Say It: WE'RE BETTER

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
In case your wondering why you feel calm and confident about this game.
We are a physical football team, the broncos are a fantasy football team that fills up a stat sheet.
We are bigger, stronger,more athletic, more enthusiastic, better conditioned, hungrier, angrier, more battle tested, and most of all we love the big stage.

Were a flat out better team, and I can't wait for them to show the world!

Bruce Irvin is my surprise Xfactor...I have not heard a single word about him, and I will never forget what he did during the Monday Night green bay game.

253hawk

Reaction score
We're a team. Denver is one guy. They haven't been relevant to the playoffs since Jake Plummer.

OP
OP
N

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
Yep, one guy can win you regular season games and playoff games(sometimes) but not games like this.

Decimation

Reaction score
253hawk":3j82okjz said:
We're a team. Denver is one guy. They haven't been relevant to the playoffs since Jake Plummer.
Jake the Snake! Lol.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
I agree with everything minus the "bigger" part. For the most part their WRs are big. I think minus Welker they are bigger than our Secondary. I don't like this mind set like we're gonna throw their receivers around. That's setting ourselves up to be disappointed. These guys are pretty big, I could see them getting just as physical back.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":18aoo6dj said:
I agree with everything minus the "bigger" part. For the most part their WRs are big. I think minus Welker they are bigger than our Secondary. I don't like this mind set like we're gonna throw their receivers around. That's setting ourselves up to be disappointed. These guys are pretty big, I could see them getting just as physical back.
Vernon Davis is also a big guy. Ask him how he likes playing this defense!

JustTheTip

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":229m4vvi said:

I see the secondary having a harder time with Welker than Thomas^2 and Decker. Small and shifty seems to cause them more problems than any kind of size.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Very true.
But it could be a bit more difficult to handle a whole receiver set, minus Welker, all around that size.

Shadyhawk182

Reaction score
Bitter":24fm4zhn said:
Shadyhawk182":24fm4zhn said:

I see the secondary having a harder time with Welker than Thomas^2 and Decker. Small and shifty seems to cause them more problems than any kind of size.
I also agree with having a harder time defending Welker. I'm not knocking our Secondary. I'm just saying their receivers are the same size or a bit bigger than our Secondary for the most part. So i wouldn't expect to flat out man handle them.

BlueTalon

Reaction score
I'm constantly hearing about how our DBs haven't yet seen a receiving corps like the Broncos this season. That is true, but it's just as true that the Broncos receivers haven't seen a defense like ours. We may not "manhandle" them per se, but I think they're not going to be fully ready for what they're about to experience.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think the Bronco WRs are in for a rude, painful surprise. These guys are used to owning position against the average corners. Sherm, Maxwell and even Thurmond will have their hands full but they are going to be able to hang with the big WRs while not losing position. Welker is the problem guy for sure.

They are going to make a lot of catches, but are they going to be able to take the hits? Throw enough balls on Seattle and you will get picked. Seahawks opponent QB rating typically very low.

Denver does not have the lineup or the depth, but their 1s on offense are solid. Denver defense is depleted and weak. Pork chop, Meat loaf, fried rice whatever his name is is not enough. Champ and DRC? Lol. #longday.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":18t42ovr said:
Seahawks > Broncos
Agreed. Why is everyone ignoring what we did to New Orleans? A team with a quarterback that can actually throw deep and actually has a defense? Pot Roast? Really now...c'mon man.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I hadn't really watched the Broncos and what they did in the AFC championship so I recorded it on NFL rewind and watched it today. I feel better after watching that. I really think that we matchup well with our speed based on what I saw. The Pats allowed some critical first downs by missing tackles. Our guys have to be sure in this part of the game. From everthing I heard about Pot Roast, I expected to see him in the backfield on every play. After watching the game, it seems like he's getting all the talk mainly for that one sack.
Our receivers who get criticized a lot are better than what the Patriots had in that game. Austin Collie getting looks on third down?? Are you kidding me?

I think we are better and can do this. Having to go up against Peyton Manning is the only thing that is making me nervous

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Shadyhawk182":1yearqn1 said:
Bitter":1yearqn1 said:
Shadyhawk182":1yearqn1 said:

I also agree with having a harder time defending Welker. I'm not knocking our Secondary. I'm just saying their receivers are the same size or a bit bigger than our Secondary for the most part. So i wouldn't expect to flat out man handle them.
Actually they play soft despite their size. Welker is the guy that's worrisome.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":36wptaib said:
Hawkalypse":36wptaib said:
Seahawks > Broncos
Agreed. Why is everyone ignoring what we did to New Orleans? A team with a quarterback that can actually throw deep and actually has a defense? Pot Roast? Really now...c'mon man.
Lol, yep. This media creation of this Pork rind, Ham hock or Pot Roast whatever is pretty weak and contrived. Trying to make the guy out as the second coming of William Perry is ridiculous. The guy had a decent quarter of a season this year!!!!! He did'nt light it up in Jacksonville and suddenly he's a world beater.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":n4n1kylp said:
Shadyhawk182":n4n1kylp said:
Bitter":n4n1kylp said:
Shadyhawk182":n4n1kylp said:

Agree that Welker is worrisome. I heard some talking heads today say that Walter Thurmond might be the best nickle corner in the league. That bodes well for us since that should be a matchup.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2fnlr4jo said:
Shadyhawk182":2fnlr4jo said:
Bitter":2fnlr4jo said:
Shadyhawk182":2fnlr4jo said:

Lay a good lick on Welker and he is done. See Pats game here last year. Browner put a good smack on him and he was done after that.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It is. This is Maxwell's and Thurmond's chance to get the money or be run of the mill. I am trusting that Bennett/Avril/Mebane/McDonald and Harvin change the scenerio. I think they do.

mort

Reaction score
We have no single point of failure. We can win many different ways, we have the luxury of guys not being their best. They have a world class QB and we have a more complete team.