According to ESPN Stats

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I heard this on Football Today Podcast about pass rush metrics, Hawks Dline ranks third in NFL for controling the LOS at 55.6, Average time to pressure or sack is 2.33 seconds per our total sacks and pressures over the season. The experts talk about Manning's ability to get rid of the ball within roughly 2.3-something seconds but conviently fail to mention this stat. I think Mann will be eating grass salad during this game.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Even if we don't sack him it will have an effect if the guys hurry him into bad throws and get a few hits on him just as he throws.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Another thing they conveniently forget to mention is that before Manning game, this exact same oline was ranked 29th or 30th in pass pro. They also don't mention that when Manning left Indy, their pass pro suddenly collapsed and hasn't been the same since. It's not the oline, it's Manning's quick releases.

We're going to get to him tomorrow.

rideaducati

Reaction score
Willie McGinest's bold prediction for the game is that the Seahawks will sack Manning 3 times and will pick him a time or two.

OP
OP
D

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
rideaducati":2v14iiq4 said:
Willie McGinest's bold prediction for the game is that the Seahawks will sack Manning 3 times and will pick him a time or two.
I predict this will happen as well, we take our place among the top 5 defenses of all time with this performance.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
rideaducati":1jplcmnv said:
Is it actually bold to predict what will happen though? Seriously that's our baseline defensive performance give or take.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Hawkalypse":39r7xcy6 said:
I heard this on Football Today Podcast about pass rush metrics, Hawks Dline ranks third in NFL for controling the LOS at 55.6, Average time to pressure or sack is 2.33 seconds per our total sacks and pressures over the season. The experts talk about Manning's ability to get rid of the ball within roughly 2.3-something seconds but conviently fail to mention this stat. I think Mann will be eating grass salad during this game.

Add to this our physical secondary which can hold his WRs at the line for a step or two. If we can slow them down for just a second, that speeds up things quite a bit.

Keep in mind in Manning's playoff losses, he averages almost 3 INT's a game. When people do get to him, he will throw it up.