After hours of film watching..my non-bold predictions.

Vetamur

Reaction score
Seems everyone sort of wants their own thread these days. I havent said much of late and will try to summarize most of my thoughts here.

As I mentioned elsewhere, outside of deciding to semi-retire, this week has been a wash for me. Cant pretend to work til this game is played. So to keep my mind busy, my anxiety low, and thoughts of my job I spent hours and hours watching games this week, All 22 of the important stuff, Condensed of things that seemed less important, and full versions when I wanted to relive the moments.

So, my non-bold, trying to be realistic predictions and guesswork on tomorrow.

1) After a string of playing top defenses and defenses with lots of speed at LB, tomorrow will be the first time in a while that Wilson will have opportunities to make positive yardage running the ball. I dont see that the Broncos can effectively spy Wilson with anyone, and I dont know that they can afford to with Harvin playing. I see Wilson with 30 to 50 yards rushing, divided equally between designed runs and off of scrambles.

2) Harvin wont be the MVP, but he probably should be. I was surprised how much we keyed on him in his half vs. the Saints. I doubt that will continue except in individual series. But his effect is obvious. Go back to the Saints game, watch the end run to Harvin. Now, watch the next play. He doesnt get it. But compare where the safety lines up. Hes now moved to counter the Harvin threat. Denver doesnt have the defense to just line up and play their game. Honestly, with the injuries theyve had, I dont know what "their game" is other than "allow less than 35 points so Manning will win it for us". Harvin will get maybe 6 catches and 2 carries, but will move their safeties all over the place, and possibly DRC, though I doubt that. I dont expect, but would like to see Harvin line up in the backfield a couple of times.

3) Our WRs arent world class. Lets admit it. But they have their strengths and I think there is little chance the #3 and #4 CBs for Denver are going to be able to cover Baldwin and Kearse if Wilson scrambles. Baldwin will lead our receivers in yardage I believe. Earlier in the season Denver seemed to use a lot of man to man..lately they use 8 man zones because of injury. Baldwin in particulary is going to find the seams there, and our TEs could be key too.

4) Manning.. Manning, Manning, Manning. Hes the best. Or one of. He is very smart and even self aware that he throws some ducks. And yet..and yet.. he is a prideful man. I dont think he will be content to just take the underneath crosses all day. Some have said he has nothing to prove, but I sense this season he does. With all the records he broke, all the TDs he threw.. how hollow will it feel if he doesnt just win, but win with his signature throws? And for all the things he says right in public, he does care about his records. ANd thats not a bad thing. I just think that his pride, which has fueled his career may morph into hubris here. Thomas and Maxwell are going to get Ints, I dont think he will really challenge Sherman. Manning is going to get his yards..but the match up gets even worse in the Red Zone.

5) The key to the match, for me, is our LB. They arent the flashy part of our D. Manning will take some chances deep as I said, but will mostly throw those middle field crossers that he has relied on of late. Our D line is a mismatch but the quick throw will mitigate that. So its our Linebackers that could well decide the game. if they make the middle of the field a no go zone for Welker and Thomas, the Broncos have nothing left except Moreno..who in my opinion isnt nearly as good as his stats say..he too benefits from playing with Manning.

So..their elite, maybe once in history offense against our elite D.. they will score 19.. 4 FGs and a TD.

So..our better than average offense against their talent poor but hot of late D.. I think we can get 3 tds and a FG. 24-19 Seahawks. I think a defender will get the MVP, and it will be one of those games where it wouldnt be obvious who to give it to on Offense.. Lynch will get his 100 but I dont think he'll get any long long runs. The Broncos are good enough to choose one thing to take away , and that will be Lynch through 3 quarters.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Good thing too, because the Broncos are going to score more than 19.

But overall, I agree with OP. Linebackers need to have a Saints-type game.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Russell Wilson better not play conservative n scared like last few games..
He needs to take off and take off often.. That is our greatest weapon I believe. When he is a dual threat, he not only makes the defense frustrated n tired, but keep the defense guessing and just when they realize that Lynch has the ball, there is a Beast coming right at them.. It makes Lynchs and the O-line that much easier.

rideaducati

Reaction score
seadoc30":3mpbodl9 said:
He needs to take off and take off often.. That is our greatest weapon I believe. When he is a dual threat, he not only makes the defense frustrated n tired, but keep the defense guessing and just when they realize that Lynch has the ball, there is a Beast coming right at them.. It makes Lynchs and the O-line that much easier.

I didn't see Wilson scared or conservative. He was playing against top defenses in the league and did just fine.

chris98251

Reaction score
Mannings 15 yad passes still have some zip, where he will run into problems is the length of our guys on the corner, he will not be able to throw a clothesline pass to Thomas he will have to get air under it which is going to be a problem, also we jam and harass and that three step and fire isn't going to be there routinely and tipped balls as well as batted balls could happen more frequently, our D line is smart about getting hands up and reading the drops. Pushing the pocket and then hands up will create issues even if he does'nt get touched he will feel that pressure.

seadoc30

Reaction score
rideaducati":2n1xrse9 said:
seadoc30":2n1xrse9 said:

I didn't see Wilson scared or conservative. He was playing against top defenses in the league and did just fine.

I don't want to get into that argument at this time.. Although we were playing great defenses, but everyone could see there were many opportunities where he could've taken off for good gains but didn't.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nine writeup though I see them scoring 24 and us 28-34. Unless wind becomes a factor given it seems the weather will be Seattle baseline it's probably no issue.

plyka

Reaction score
seadoc30":232aefix said:

200% correct. He has to copy kaep a bit here. There is nothing more demoralizing in the NFL than a third and 9 which is covered to perfection, but the QB sneaks out and gets 11 yards on a scramble. It destroys the confidence of the defense and a team.

Also it seems as though in the nfl the toughest first down is the first first down. Once you get a drive moving they tend to continue moving. Wilson needs to pick up at least 5 first downs by running in this game. It is incredible important. Just compare Wilson in the first saints game versus the second aaints game. He started the first with a keeper on the first play. I didn't see that in the second and the offense struggled.

This game will depend on Wilson and Pete. Pete cannot come out and be conservative. It's just something he cannot do. He needs to just let it all go. Just let it all go.

kf3339

Reaction score
To me we shut down Drew Brees which is very close to what Manning is in many ways. So I personally think he is going to have a very difficult game against our defense and don't see them getting more than 10-13 points. For us I think the combo of Beastmode, a healthy Harvin and an opportunistic Wilson is going to get us 4 td's and two fg's for 34 points.

So I still see 34-13 or 34-10. That's how I see it.

fan4life

Reaction score
Good write-up, but the OP didn't mention what I believe will be a VERY important component to an eventual Seattle win: Special Teams. A healthy Percy Harvin will make a difference in today's game. I was sitting in the Humpty Dump (Minneapolis) when he ran one back for a TD a couple of years ago. When you watch him live, his downfield vision and lightning fast speed are evident. I'm betting he will give the offense good field position - and possibly a TD today.

But my belief that Seattle will come out on top by the end of the game comes with a warning: Manning WILL get out to a good start. And it may look dire for Seattle well into the 2nd half. Why? Because Wilson won't abandon caution (ie, run like there's no tomorrow) until he has to (ie, Bevell lets him loose); that's his game (watch highlights of his Wisconsin games against Ohio State, Michigan State, the Big Ten Championship and the Rose Bowl,) then as a Seahawk against Chicago, Washington and Atlanta last year, Indy, Houston and San Fran this year. Wilson's biggest assets/strengths are his absolute will, refusal to accept defeat and play 'cool' until the final whistle is blown. He could get hurt early if he throws caution to the wind while Denver's defense is still fresh. Pete Carroll's game is to wear down opponents before letting his team take their best shots. Russell's game fits right into that formula, as well as the Defense's collective ability to create havoc and reap TO's, and BeastMode's knack for breaking seismic runs.

IOW, I expect this game to go much the way Denver's first game with NE went. I wouldn't even be surprised to see it go to OT. But barring crazy TO's, or injuries to key players, I completely agree with the OP that Seattle has the more physical, stronger, faster, younger and hungrier roster - and will come out victorious.

olyfan63

Reaction score
Seattle will come out with a more aggressive offensive game plan to attack Denver's banged up secondary. I think OP is right about Baldwin getting a number of catches, finding seams in their zone.
With Percy Harvin in the game, that puts even more pressure on the Denver pass D and secondary. That is their weakness, and Pete has told Bevell to attack it. Denver's run defense will be solid the first half and about halfway through the 3rd quarter, but it won't matter because we'll be moving the ball and scoring with the passing game and Wilson's running, and wear them down with WCO-type long drives.
Beastmode will be a factor mostly in 4th quarter with a lead against worn-down Denver defense, protecting a lead.

Denver will get 2 TDs and several field goals. About 23-24 points. Seattle needs to score 28+ to ensure a win. Bevell has been working on a "Russell, score early and often" game plan. There are a couple trick plays in, maybe a pass from Robinson to Wilson like in college. If our Special Teams come up with a big play or two, which I think they will, and we get a couple turnovers from Manning trying to fit into too-tight windows, we could be protecting a 2-score lead by the 4th quarter.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The trick play sucked, but that's life. That special teams big play was nice.

OP
OP
V

Vetamur

Reaction score
Yea.. I had a few things right .. 3 offensive TDs,2 carries for Harvin, Baldwin being key, was close on Wilson's running yardage. Thought Lynch would get untracked eventually but he didn't obviously and I guessed who would get the two INTs wrong. I predicted 1 TD for them.. But thought they'd get some FGs.. They couldn't have gotten 2 if they'd not gone for it. Lol.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1zf5oye4 said:
I like it.

I would be shocked if Denver only scored one TD...but I like it.

Get shocked.