Denver receiving corp without PM?

blazen2392

Reaction score
Would be still think denver has 5 legitemate weapons if peyton manning was taken out of the equation?

chris98251

Reaction score
If you look at the numbers, offense was like 25th in the league before Manning with most the same players.

drdiags

Reaction score
Isn't the difference maker Welker? DT, Juilius Thomas and Decker are good as well. Even without Manning, if they had an effective QB, they are making hay on folks. Does it reach the production that Manning has them at? I don't think so, but put Brady or Brees with those WRs/TEs and they are scoring at a fantastic clip.

Their outside guys are better than the Bears Marshall and Jeffrey. Thomas is more dynamic than Bennett. I think they are pretty good. Better than the Packers group. Imagine Aaron Rodgers with those guys.

Give them credit. They are no slouches.

chris98251

Reaction score
drdiags":5ze12tns said:
Isn't the difference maker Welker? DT, Juilius Thomas and Decker are good as well. Even without Manning, if they had an effective QB, they are making hay on folks. Does it reach the production that Manning has them at? I don't think so, but put Brady or Brees with those WRs/TEs and they are scoring at a fantastic clip.

Their outside guys are better than the Bears Marshall and Jeffrey. Thomas is more dynamic than Bennett. I think they are pretty good. Better than the Packers group. Imagine Aaron Rodgers with those guys.

Agreed, but comparing pre and post Manning is what I was referring to with Fox as coach.

Imagine Tom Brady or even Cam Newton or RG III healthy of course.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
It's kind of hard to judge pre and post Manning though. D. Thomas and Decker were both drafted in '10. Thomas had some injuries and was considered raw coming out of college. Both had Tebow throwing to them too. This year though, with the addition of Welker and the emergence of J. Thomas, it's a whole new ballgame. I think any average NFL QB could do quite well with them. It will be a tough test, that I expect the LOB to pass tomorrow.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Well who knows. I wanted Decker in the draft, though .

Omaha

Reaction score
For DT and decker, they showed a lot of potential pre-PM, but having PM and WW has really helped them develop. JT never had much play time so he is harder to judge.

kearly

Reaction score
Julius Thomas and Welker were not with Denver during the Tebow years, and both Decker and Demarius Thomas were very young and showing potential.

When Tebow was at Florida, he had Percy Harvin, Aaron Hernandez, and Riley Cooper. And even with all those weapons, people still thought Tebow couldn't throw.

5_Golden_Rings

Reaction score
drdiags":1ar89dzs said:

Bingo.

Manning pre-Welker: 37 TDs, 4659 yards

Manning post-Welker: 55 TDs, 5477 yards

Welker is a pretty big addition for them this year. He's worth 18 more TDs and 1045 yards to that offense. So, I'd say Manning is a big part of it, but this year's crew is significantly better than the one Tebow had because of Welker.

Fortunately for you, there isn't much recent film on Percy Harvin. He's going to have a similar effect for Seattle.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":3q5zlqxe said:
drdiags":3q5zlqxe said:

Bingo.

Manning pre-Welker: 37 TDs, 4659 yards

Manning post-Welker: 55 TDs, 5477 yards

Welker is a pretty big addition for them this year. He's worth 18 more TDs and 1045 yards to that offense. So, I'd say Manning is a big part of it, but this year's crew is significantly better than the one Tebow had because of Welker.

Fortunately for you, there isn't much recent film on Percy Harvin. He's going to have a similar effect for Seattle.

This year it's Welker and Orange Julius though. Thomas didn't hardly play last year. This year he seemed to finally put it together and take off.