What are you making for the Big Game?©

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I'm having a few friends over, so; must make sure they have tastiness to eat all day.

1) Three racks of baby back ribs with Tom Douglas Pork Rub and plenty of Sizzlin' Habanero BBQ Sauce (House brand from Double DD Meats in Mountlake Terrace; amazing place, by the way.)
2) Two pounds of barbecued pork with hot mustard
3) 30 deviled eggs
4) Plenty of wings with the aforementioned amazing BBQ sauce
5) Sliced salami and cheese
6) Couple of shrimp rings from Costco
7) Chips & salsa

I think that's a decent spread for my guests. Oh, plenty of alcohol, too. I bought a handle of Patron Silver for $120 at Costco. To hell with the tax rape on booze in our state, for the record. I have wine, beer, rum, vodka, and Fireball, as well.

What about the rest of you?

mikeak

Reaction score
Pulled pork (smoked it today to have time) - definitely served in a few kinds of regular BBQ sauce but thinking of making Carolina style or
Mustard style as well
Coleslaw
Alaska Amber in the kegerator
Chips, nuts, football shaped chocolate covered cookies the wife made
Whatever people bring

Laloosh

Reaction score
Buddy is hosting but it's looking like:

bacon wrapped crab
garlic prawns
Potato skins
smokies
cheese dip
tenderloin
guacamole
salsa
mozzarella sticks
wings
brownies

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
I thought about making bacon-wrapped water chestnuts, but forgot about them. Oops. Well, I guess I could run to the store in the morning, but honestly I've already got too much for people as it is.

...Now I'm thinking to myself, what in the hell kind of excuse is that? It's the freaking Super Bowl, and the Seahawks are playing in it. Damnit! Guess I'm going to Fred Meyer in the morning.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":3ex54ysh said:
People will be able to eat during this game? Bless you guys.
Well, I also demanded that everybody avoid eating anything prior to arriving, so...

...Plus, they're not a bunch of old farts with stomach ulcers. :lol:

Laloosh

Reaction score
Yeah, I'll be making a trip to the store myself. Going to need just one more bottle of the good stuff...

dbmack

Reaction score
I was going to make a Pot Roast but thought better of it and took pork chops out instead.

OP
OP
RolandDeschain

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
dbmack":2anuzb3x said:
I was going to make a Pot Roast but thought better of it and took pork chops out instead.
You could always play it off as Beast Mode's going to dine on some Pot Roast tomorrow, why not you? :)

chris98251

Reaction score
I'll be having some Nachos, Chips and dip, Chili cheese dip, Then later Baked Cod and something the wife will add, oh I am also sure we will be making a lot of noise!

It's just the 4 of us here wife and daughter and boyfreind and me, so no big spread but the flip side is not a lot of conversation about aunt bessy and who did what to whom somewhere either while the game is on.

Have 4 TV's going so come commercials I can be in my cave and not have to explain stuff.

CostaRicaHawk

Reaction score
Smoked and fresh Brats. Jalepeno and cheese, pepper jack both smoked and some fresh originl brats all from the local butcher. Chili (home made) from a friend of mine. Wings, my mothers awesome potatoe salad, (she is so stoked that I have gotten the time off to throw a party, have not done since Dad died). home made salsa from daughter-in-law, 7 layer dip from wifer. Blue berry cheese cake to eat after the win. 4 cases of mixed micro brews, plenty for 10 people. 60" in the man loft, 50" down stairs for any one that wants to chit chat...CAN NOT WAIT........Love this HAWKS in the Super Bowl stuff''''''''

Oh yea...yagger shots starting tonight, watching NFCCG on NFL replay

SeeHawkRun

Reaction score
You guys are making me hungry...! ANd I love cooking.. Sadly, this year will be spicy buffalo wings and pizza. Just too cheap right now. But it's a classic and I love my Seahawks.

HawksSoc

Reaction score
Knocked up some sweet Piri Piri chicken last night (its already superb owl morning here), and its been marinading over night, its smelling awesome. Also gonna hopefully have some chicken wings on the go aswell as soda and chips to get into the American spirit!

JonRud

Reaction score
Excited to spend $18 for a hot dog at the game.

AgentDib

Reaction score
Probably just chips/salsa and a pizza, like many I am going the small hardcore fan only route with just my dad coming over.

JonRud":b0crf45z said:
Excited to spend $18 for a hot dog at the game.
I bet! Looks like the weather really came through today; have a blast at the game.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
We are having fried oysters my aunt brought from the Pacific northwest last week along with some salmon. Of course we will have chips and the taco dip my wife makes too. Small get together for us. Don't want too many at my house or it's too hard to watch the entire game down to the last detail like I do.

Interceptor

Reaction score
Keeping it simple. Hotdogs and beans, kale chips and guacamole. It may seem like prison fare but it's not a party. This is serious business. I can eat when it's over, I can sleep when I'm dead. It's all 'bout dat game, boss. All 'bout dat game…..