just found out pam oliver is assigned to us.

Exittium

Reaction score
according to that though says "assigned to cover the Seahawks, reports live from the team’s hotel headquarters as they prepare to motor coach to MetLife Stadium." So hopefully its just for the pregame stuff, and nothing afterwards. Because looking over it, it seems they have Erin Andrews with Sherman again post game?

kearly

Reaction score
I just love this internet day and age where Pam Oliver became the worst reporter ever overnight because she failed to recognize a quote from Ernest Hemingway, something you could say about at least 90% of the populace. I'm guessing the overwhelming majority of people bashing her didn't know it was a Hemingway quote either. But what else is new with the world these days. :229031_shrug:

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
I lost all respect for Miss Oliver last season after Adrian ran for 2k

Pam - " 9 yards short , 9 yards "

Adrian - " 9 yards what "

Pam - " how does that make you feel , 9 yards short?"

I hate Joe buck , Aikman and that whole crew. waaay to focused on the negative and creating story lines outside of the field of play

VinceDee

Reaction score
kearly":3tqdgzhr said:
I just love this internet day and age where Pam Oliver became the worst reporter ever overnight because she failed to recognize a quote from Ernest Hemingway, something you could say about at least 90% of the populace. I'm guessing the overwhelming majority of people bashing her didn't know it was a Hemingway quote either. But what else is new with the world these days. :229031_shrug:

Nobody said "worst reporter ever". I think people are likely referring to the NFCCG, when Chewbacca went out of her way to say that she wasn't impressed with the noise level of the 12th man, then how she did her "sad face" interview with Harbaugh after the game.

BASF

Reaction score
VinceDee":1k980d97 said:
kearly":1k980d97 said:

Nobody said "worst reporter ever". I think people are likely referring to the NFCCG, when Chewbacca went out of her way to say that she wasn't impressed with the noise level of the 12th man, then how she did her "sad face" interview with Harbaugh after the game.

That's the one right there. She was acting like she had just lost the game and was consoling a teammate.

Exittium

Reaction score
I would have thought it had more to do with her talking to the refs pregame before we played in SF

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
She's a defacto troll with press credentials, tired of her act. Her ridiculous statement about the noise at the clink moments before the 9rs got a delay of game for me put's her in the 'Baghdad Bob' catagory.

A

Anonymous

Exittium":2qu255yh said:
I would have thought it had more to do with her talking to the refs pregame before we played in SF

This. As well as how excited to report about Wright's injury in that same game. Combined with her "reporting" in the NFCCG. She is not a fan of the Seahawks, and she's made it painfully obvious. She doesn't have to be a supporter, but if she's reporting news on the sidelines she should at least attempt to act neutral.

Reaction score
kearly":2qp2vyrk said:

Nothing about the misunderstanding of the quote from me. I think she's a terrible reporter as she does not report impartially and she particularly dislikes the Seahawks (by extension I do genuinely think she supports SF). There are numerous examples of her being a trouble maker, not least...

1) Proactively pushing the "Seahawks DB's cheat all game" prior to our fixture at San Fran. Even interviewing Pete Caroll about it pregame and bringing it up at the half (sidenote - her tone during this was baiting in the extreme).

2) Stating "I had the pleasure of telling Pete Caroll about KJ Wright's injury and behaviour" after he broke his foot in that game. Again, she went out of her way to state that he threw his helmet and it hit a worker on the sideline, attempting to discredit us as bully boys and creating controversy when there was none. Also, she has "the pleasure" of reporting this to Pete? Really?

3) The look of utter distraught on her face when she was interviewing Harbaugh after the NFCCG. As others have said, that wasn't her interviewing a coach professionally, that was a damn councilling session FOR HER.

Now number 3 wouldn't be so bad if numbers 1 and 2 didn't already exist to the world. That is what I find most excruciating - if she interviewed coaches and players of different teams in the same way, professionally, then I wouldn't have an issue. As it stands though, she's a reporter who clearly dislikes the Seahawks and will spin everything that happens both pre and during the game into something negative.

After the week we've had in the media I do not want to have to listen to her twisting things during the game, and make no mistake - she will do.

I don't usually rant sorry and i'm not saying Pam is a bad person or making any comments os her outside of her job. But as a reporter she is severely liable to stirring things up and undermining our team.

bellyfat

Reaction score
There is footage of one of the mic'd up videos of the NFC Championship Game where the team is celebrating and you can clearly see Pam distraught when she is near our team. It's the same look she had when she interviewed Harbaugh. I also hated that bitch ever since she announced with glee KJ Wright was injured.

Axx

Reaction score
bellyfat":rdjnuoum said:
There is footage of one of the mic'd up videos of the NFC Championship Game where the team is celebrating and you can clearly see Pam distraught when she is near our team. It's the same look she had when she interviewed Harbaugh. I also hated that bitch ever since she announced with glee KJ Wright was injured.
"JUST CAME IN THAT KJ WRIGHT OF THE SEAHAWKS IS INJURED AND WILL NOT RETURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
I have no idea sideline reporters could be so bias

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Hemmingway quote was just the cherry on the top, Kearly. If you had been paying attention, she went to refs before the game and ask them what they were going to do about our cheating secondary. During the game, she announced, with glee, that KJ wright was injured and wouldn't return.

She will forever be Jane Fonda to me from now on.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I will so enjoy the look of sadness on her face while she "interviews" the golden boy or John Fox or whoever they assign her too after the Donkeys loss today. Meanwhile, Erin Andrews will be with Richard who will be polite but will still say the Hawks are the best and LOB rules, etc. And it will all be true.

lobohawk

Reaction score
Didn't pay much attention to things she said which people have noted, but was a little put off by how she reported KJ going crazy and acting like he was a maniac (sounding like he and the Hawks in general were an out of control team). Instead of reporting him as being distraught over getting hurt (like most would expect).

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
lobohawk":wmh04df7 said:
Didn't pay much attention to things she said which people have noted, but was a little put off by how she reported KJ going crazy and acting like he was a maniac (sounding like he and the Hawks in general were an out of control team). Instead of reporting him as being distraught over getting hurt (like most would expect).

Kinda loosens the definition of "sports Journalist" to a 'hole nutha level, doesn't it...