Most Defining Game of the Regular Season

hawkpride

Reaction score
So I was sitting here thinking about this. What regular season game do you think was most instrumental in getting us here to the Super Bowl.
Last year it was the Bears game. This season I think it was the Rams game, without the goal line stand we might have been playing in SF for the NFC Conference Title. Your thoughts.

I didn't see this posted before if so please delete.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Home game 1 vs San Fran...They were shown once again that they can't win here EVER...then 2nd place to the Houston game.

sutz

Reaction score
I don't think I can. We won in so many different ways. That's what I like. Sure we have an "identity" but the Seahawks can outscore teams, get down in the dirt and wrestle out a low scoring dog fight, or dominate for 4 quarters. Theya re the definition of "whatevre it takes to win" personified.

Whatever this team needs to win, it digs down deep and finds it.

samwize77

Reaction score
Last years Chicago game...it set the tone ever since.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
The Houston game. They dominated us and we still found a way to win. I think that defined this entire season.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Though call, I don't think this year had that same type of year changing game.

@ Carolina was an early road game in the heat against a solid team that set the tone for the rest of the year.

Vs SF where we just dominated again gave us a huge confidence boost and put that doubt in SF's head that they just can't win here.

@ Hou an inprobably comback victory proved again we are never out of any game.

@ STL proved our defense can win any game for us.

VS NO showed we can stop prolfic passing offenses and that no QB is too good to be stopped by this defense.

NFCCG proved we are the most physcal team int he league that can run the ball on any team at will.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I'd also add the Tampa Bay game because it was another one to test how resilient this team can be and also the home game vs. Arizona if only because it helped the team stay hungry and not to take playing at home for granted.

Crabhawk

Reaction score
I agree with the Texans and Bucs games. They showed the heart and resolve of this team. Doesn't matter who's out, who's sick, how crappy the first half was, which way the breaks are going. This team is going to fight until 00:00 and you will have to pry their cold dead hands off that football before they quit.

olyfan63

Reaction score
The Tampa Bay game came first to mind, down 21-0.
Possibly the Houston game was slightly bigger, and the Sherman pick-6 was perhaps the play of the season.
Overall, going with the Houston game because it was on the road, and the sheer drama and thrill of that Sherman pick-6 late in the game for the winning points.

Not to diss the Rams goal line stand, or the Carolina game, but those two games were ones that any other Seahawk team would have lost. They were the margin in having NFC home field advantage and division title. Two sloppy, crappy games and we found a way to win both despite the team playing like refried dog poop. We probably would have been 12-4 and lost division on tiebreaker without both those games. (I think we win the Arizona game we lost at home if we had truly needed it)

themunn

Reaction score
Houston

the offense stunk
the defense stunk

Yet they found a way to win in a 10am road game