If we win the coin toss

Largent80

Reaction score
What would you rather do?

Go on offense or defense?

For me, I want to start bulldozing them on O.......Boss

Nog

Reaction score
Let's get the ball right away and test their run D !!!

samwize77

Reaction score
After thinking about it, yeah...offense. Ram that ball down their throat for a long scoring drive!!!

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
Offense to wear down the broncos D right away with the run and mess up Peyton Manning's rythym by keeping him on the sideline for hopefully a substantial amount of the first quater.

BillHawks

Reaction score
Tough call but I think I'd rather have the offense out there just to let the defense get their emotions a little more in check. You hear stuff from super bowl coaches talking about how they came out too hyped up and used too much energy too early. I think Russell's calming influence will be big on the first drive.

nategreat

Reaction score
Defer. We've been doing it all year. Not that Denver needs to "warm up," but if they are going to start slow at all, it's going to start with the first drive. That gives us two things: good potential field position for our first drive, as well as getting the ball back first in the 2nd half.

run and shoot

Reaction score
Defense. Play the field position game with them, not giving up a touchdown on the opening drive all year makes this an easy decision to set the tone . I would not want to go 3 and out and give Peyton better field position for their first drive.

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
Defer. Always start with you strength on the field, and that extra possession in the 2nd half has been pretty important to us this year.

Rob12

Reaction score
Defer. I have the utmost faith in our D to send Manning back to the sidelines after a quick three and out.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Defer...having the ball back after halftime is an advantage if you are behind or ahead.

BC-Hawk

Reaction score
I agree with deferring. The fans (on either side) will be jacked up for the start of the Super Bowl regardless of which team they're supporting that it might be as close to the Clink as possible as a result, you'd love to place Peyton in that environment early before the fans settle into the normal tempo of a game.

sutz

Reaction score
Defer. The first drive is always dicey, because they script it and practice it. But we don't play so bad, even if we don't score first.

Starting the 2d half is more important than the 1st.

Besides, I want to see the LoB hand out some THUMP! early in the game. :)