Fought back my 1st tear of the day...

HawkWow

Reaction score
NFL net just showed a segment called 12th man's famous fans

Through the eyes and mouths of some of our many celebrities, NFL net took us back to a time when Seattle was.. well, "Egypt"-like. Interviews with Cantrell and Cornell stood out for me in particular because on a national basis, most don't understand the impact art, music in particular, played in the success of the Emerald city we know today.

I've mentioned before my Gramps was a politician in 70s and 80s struggling Seattle. He was the rare honest politician (to a fault) and worked tirelessly to get the Kingdome approved, believing an NFL franchise would put Seattle on the map and leading her to bigger things. He worshipped everything Washington. He couldn't understand when my parents moved us to Hawaii (1982). His words were "Why the hell would anyone want to leave Washington state"?

All his hard work ultimately paid off, but IMO, it was art / music that finally put Seattle on the map. Arguably, a few simple power chords, the intro to "Teen spirit", in particular, did what my gramps couldn't do over 2 decades. Oh, the irony. I loved grunge...my gramps hated it. LOL..little did he know. ; )

The last game myself and Gramps took in together was the 05 NFCCG and I know if alive today, putting his pride aside, he would have teared up watching this segment, proud of what Cobain and Staley (etc etc) brought to his favorite city. He would love RW and ML...and of coure, the politician, Richard Sherman.

Wish he were here ..at least for today. GO HAWKS!

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
falcongoggles":sunl7uxj said:
This is why the hawks need to win today. F Peyton and the deserve it talk

I feel ya' bro. It's time and I think the monkey comes off today. I'm getting deluged with calls and texts "you nervous"?

Uh-uh. Excited, yes. Nervous, no.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Seattle wants the win more than Denver does. Screw Manning, Wilson is the future of the NFL.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1mzvizuh said:
Seattle wants the win more than Denver does. Screw Manning, Wilson is the future of the NFL.

I won't be even a little surprised if we see RW's best game of the year today. Especially if we can get 4qtrs out of Harvin. Just too many weapons focused on keeping Peyton sidelined. I want to see an assload of 2nd and shorts today and I sincerely believe Bevell will play call with that in mind. Pass, run, run / convert.

I mentioned in another thread Peyton's propensity, even after all these years, to get frustrated. Frustration, IMO, is most often behind his (relatively) poor play off record. He gets pissed with a lack of execution, players dropping balls, then carries that anger to the next play. Oddly, RW seems to have a shorter memory than Peyton. I think the difference being, RW expects execution, Peyton demands execution and not every Bronc is capable of playing at the same level as Peyton. I sincerely believe Peyton's frustration will lead us to victory today.

Largent80

Reaction score
I got my mean face on. It is time to kick some ass. The tear shedding will be after we win.