Marshall Faulk on "Dan Queer"

HawkWow

Reaction score
Damn...how embarrassing was that for Faulk? Calls Dan Quinn.."Dan Queer". Recovered very well, but that has to suck big time for Faulk. A commentators biggest nitemare, right there. LOL.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
Eisen commented..."Marshall Faulk now leaving the set". Probably punching himself in the nutz.

plyka

Reaction score
HawkWow":x5xbgp8f said:
Damn...how embarrassing was that for Faulk? Calls Dan Quinn.."Dan Queer". Recovered very well, but that has to suck big time for Faulk. A commentators biggest nitemare, right there. LOL.

It was an accident I'm sure. It happens to everyone. I was watching a media blooper reel on youtube and watched a poor lady say the N word instead of a similar word, while talking about a black man. It was obviously a horrible accident, it doesn't mean she was racist, and this doesn't really mean Faulk is homophobic.

chris98251

Reaction score
I'm betting off mic they have a lot of little fun names for some people and that one slipped in from habit.

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
plyka":fjul0onh said:
HawkWow":fjul0onh said:

It was an accident I'm sure. It happens to everyone. I was watching a media blooper reel on youtube and watched a poor lady say the N word instead of a similar word, while talking about a black man. It was obviously a horrible accident, it doesn't mean she was racist, and this doesn't really mean Faulk is homophobic.

I didn't suggest anything otherwise...in fact, referring to it as a commentators biggest nightmare. Of course it was an accident. Happens all the time, and it's happened to me on air more times than I care to remember.

Once, during a live fundraiser, I was asked to promote a local play of "Les miserable"..or however it's spelled. Not knowing the play, nor French, I pronounced it "Less miserable"...and heard about it for what seemed a year. Made me more miserable, not Less. ; )

OP
OP
H

HawkWow

Reaction score
chris98251":1tk9bi6r said:
I'm betting off mic they have a lot of little fun names for some people and that one slipped in from habit.

For sure...your mind, when your eyes glance at a particular word, will take you to a word you are most familiar with. That's likely what happened here. He didn't say Queen....terrible mistake just the same and I feel for him. That will be his on-air, pre-game memory for 48.