Is this the best defense ever?

ATX_Hawk

Reaction score
As a fan yes, but I think statistically it was the 85 Bears.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
DVOA has it listed as a top ten all time.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Not statistically, but with the way the game has changed to favor the offense I think they have to be considered.

Seeker

Reaction score
85 bears faced mediocre qb's for the most part in an age were the game was more fair.
2014 seahawks just beat the best scoring offense of all time and OWNED him.

evergreen

Reaction score
Look what we did to the highest scoring offense of all time. The Bears played an overmatched wildcard team in N.E. They barely scored before the 4th quarter. We were clearly on another level from them. I think it was obvious if you look at who we played and who they played as defenses statistically. They go thru the #21 & #24 Ds and we go thru the #4 & #5 D. We were just way more prepared by the levelof our competition. They were kind of a drop off in competition to us, where they never played anything like us all year except in preseason, 10-40. And some people think that doesn't matter for anything....LOL

Zybot

Reaction score
They just held the NFL's top scoring offense ever to 8 points in the Superbowl, with 4 TO's. They absolutely have to be in the discussion. I think you could make a strong argument for them being the best all time.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
Yes. If people want to spew stats, we just crushed the greatest offense of all time at the biggest game.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
They are up there, its difficult to compare across eras the unbiased person in me feels the 2000 Ravens was the best defense ever but these guys are top 3 IMO.

gulliver

Reaction score
Fvck "statistically"

As I said in an earlier post, the 85 Bears could slap a QB's helmet, crush a guy coming over the middle, go for the head or neck or ankles or knees, and just generally lay a guy out.

Can't do any of that now.

We still OOOOOWNED the #1 offense of all time.

85 Bears? Who cares?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Statistically? The 85 bears didn't have half the restrictions in the rules Seattle has to deal with now days, that only help the O and hinder the D.

Lady Talon

Reaction score
Held one of the greatest QBs in NFL history not to mention the most prolific passing offense ever to 1 touchdown and a 2 pt conversion?

Without an exotic defense? With today's rules? 2013 Hawks are the best ever.

Peyton would have shredded the 46. Our team turned him into a cross between checkdown charlie and Tony Romo.

SuperFreak

Reaction score
Hard to compare eras and also unfair the Bears of 85 played in a time with less teams and less rules to protect offensive players. We are the defense of the 2010's like the Ravens were the best of the 2000's and the Bears of the 80's.

We stuffed a HOF QB those Bears nor Ravens can say that.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Zybot":3m2ditaz said:
They just held the NFL's top scoring offense ever to 8 points in the Superbowl, with 4 TO's. They absolutely have to be in the discussion. I think you could make a strong argument for them being the best all time.

Top 2-3... Can be no doubt

lsheldon

Reaction score
We just faced the Quarterback that had the best year in NFL history and shut him down 43-8. In my book that makes them the best all time. I know analysts will say otherwise but they've been putting this team down all year. Whenever great defenses are talked about this defense will have to be in the conversation in the top 3.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
Albert Breer ‏@AlbertBreer 54m
Game tonight played a lot like XXXV and XXXVII, and, all the same, the '13 Seahawks defense stands there with the '00 Ravens and '02 Bucs.

Looks like at least one media guy thinks we are one of the best ever.