Tonight I foolishly showed how much I bleed blue and green

niveky

Reaction score
at work....

I work as a driver at dominos pizza where i live and I had been talking all week how i was going to be recording the game and hoping i didn't get anything spoiled. all the managers knew because i mentioned it and had conversations with most of them about it directly that I didn't want to know anything about the game even if the Hawks were doing well.

I had come in and it was 25 minutes to kickoff and they had the national pregame on the radio and I told them that I wasn't trying to be rude but i was shutting my radio down because i had the game recorded. one of the shift leads made like a joke, or seemed like it and I made one back and he got all offended about that not being fair about the game...blah blah blah...well i came back and they had the old stereo on with the game on loud...i already could see before that him and another shift lead were trying to mess with me. I told them that we needed to get the radio turned down or i could get my money.

As I was leaving with another couple of deliveries, they turned the radio up even higher. When I got back I was true to what I said....I am the hardest working driver in my store. I stay late all the time, help with anything that is needed or asked at any given time, and I would have had no problem staying until 9, 10 even 11 o'clock and I open. I open all the time and am always willing to do that if needed. I feel bad for leaving the other workers in my store in a bad spot, but all I did was answered phones and took orders until they could get someone to cash me out.

It was only a couple of managers who were at fault but they were purposely being richards about it because they knew i am a seahawks fan. I know that after our hawks winning the greatest of all games in the Superbowl, this really doesn't need to congest the forum, but it is just crazy how important this evening was for me. I had to leave work because i probably would have said a lot of things to get myself fired.

Aside from this glorified venting rant, I am so happy for each and every Seahawk and 12 tonight......i have been waiting over 20 years for this moment....i know plenty of you have been for far longer......but no matter how long we have all waited, or even how far some of you have gone through the years for this team.....soak it up..enjoy it...bask in it...it is truly awesome in no way i can describe....enjoy it because the sharks will be in the water in full force before we know it.