Crowd noise

Vetamur

Reaction score
In most re-tellings, people are talking about crowd noise being a big contributor to the safety on Denvers first play from scrimmage. Its awesome how well the 12th Man is travelling now.

Question: Has crowd noise been a factor in any other Super Bowl? Due to how tickets are distributed its usually a truly neutral game and I dont recall there being as much noise as there seemed to be in other years. Am I remembering wrong?

Hawks46

Reaction score
XL was in a dome so that makes sense. Domes are much easier to produce crowd noise.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
One could clearly hear the twelves in this game, that is for sure. But as for one-sided crowds, I doubt you'd find one more so than the one in XL*.

In any case, it would be pretty hard to make the argument that crowd noise was really a definable factor in any Super Bowl, and certainly not any worse than any random road game in some mediocre team's home.

AsylumGuido

Reaction score
I'm sure y'all would like to think that it was solely the 12th Man making all of that noise of the first play from scrimmage that resulted in the safety, but I am afraid it wasn't. The vast majority of a Super Bowl crowd is made up of spectators that do not have a clue about when to yell and when to keep your mouths shut. Seahawks and Saints home crowds get it. The generic Super Bowl crowd does not. What happened on that first play was that the vast majority of the people in the stands, whether true Seahawks fans, non-specific fans supporting either the Broncos or the Seahawks or people that seldom ever attend games at all, were all making noise. In case you didn't notice, there was almost as much noise on the Hawks' first play from scrimmage.

I am by no means slighting the 12th Man. I am just pointing out a fact.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
Hawks46":1yg9ohtj said:
XL was in a dome so that makes sense. Domes are much easier to produce crowd noise.

So does having a gazillion Steelers fans within driving distance of the game.