Dissecting Denver's problems - Tired of it

mikeak

Reaction score
I AM SO SICK AND TIRED OF IT. HOLY CRAP WHEN WILL IT STOP

People on the radio, people at work, everywhere - Denver came out flat, Denver didn't get it going, Peyton added to much to the gameplan - blah blah blah

Denver did what they do every game - now they just had to play Seattle doing it

Seattle came out loose
Seattle warmed up every guy out there
Seattle brought the crowd
Seattle played with speed
Seattle's defense plays as a unit changing players they are covering, dropping off and picking up between each other like one organized cell and not several individual players
Seattle got pressure with 4!!! guys and dropped 7
Russell Wilson was money
The receivers caught the football on HARD throws and then ducked under three guys and scored TD's
The backup CB runs up and knocks the ball out from straight on - turnover
Manning played pretty good but was knocked around, pressured, didn't have open guys

Seattle dominated the game in every facet of the game. Stop looking at what Denver did wrong and look at everything Seattle did right to create the game yesterday.

As I put on my FB page on Saturday. Seattle won the Superbowl two weeks ago and I was looking forward to the three hour price ceremony........

And yes I was enjoying the game and the win :)

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Sherman said it was the simplest gameplan of the entire season for the defense and they only had a few coverages

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
I think we'll start seeing more Seahawks coverage and analysis as the week continues. The media has to put out the fires that they started.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":3hx4inmh said:
Sherman said it was the simplest gameplan of the entire season for the defense and they only had a few coverages

Yes I heard that and PC said it yesterday as well that they did everything the same as always. Nothing special

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
Anyone who celebrated the "Legacy" of Manning and hyped Denver the last 2 weeks, Niner, Saints, Cards, Rams and basically all the standard Seahawks haters will all do their best to diminish the game that the Hawks brought to the Super Bowl and cheapen the win.

1st, the Donks were hyped far beyond their ability. They set records playing a lot of bad defenses.

2nd, the Hawks did what most teams couldn't do, they turned Denver's YAC into nothing with solid tackling and exceptional fundamental football.

3rd, they beat Denver down by laying the wood on everything and taking what Denver gave them in the passing game.

No one can argue that.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
No YAC. It wasn't so much that Denver didn't play well. It's just that we gave them no extra yards. Their offense works on YAC and they got none!

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'm listening to all these shows and reading all these articles, and the first thing they do is compare our D to the '85 Bears...over and over and over. Are you guys hearing totally different stuff than me?

EDIT: Listening to Football Today, Matt Williamson just said we'd win this exact same matchup nine out of ten times "if not ten out of ten." I mean, we are getting CRAZY love out there.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
You play this game 10 times and Peyton will score 3 tds maybe once.

my "All 22" seats were great for viewing this destruction.

OP
OP
M

mikeak

Reaction score
Reaneypark":1z0i8tak said:
No YAC. It wasn't so much that Denver didn't play well. It's just that we gave them no extra yards. Their offense works on YAC and they got none!

Drew Bledsoe on Colin Cowherd talked about that this morning. How they did so well following an offensive player and then dropping him to the next guy based on reading the plays. How not many defenses can play like this, the players are smart and understand the game and trust the guys next to them to read things exactly the same.

I think it is one of the most underrated / not talked about things. I would expect to hear more about it over the coming months before the draft etc

He made the point of how this really messes with Denver that has the crossing routes and made it so they got nothing out of them practically shutting them down

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think I heard more of it last night. Chris Landry called it all week. He said that Seattle had the better overall team and defense. That it depended on how much Pey-Pey could produce on his own.

However the host, Arnie Spanier called a 37-23 win for Denver. That Denver would be up 14-0 in the 1st quarter. So he spent the post - game explaining how it was Denver's choke and not Seahawks play. Other than that, it is just the haters.

SF fans always with the cheating, everyone on PEDs, Manning choke, they should have been there if it wasn't for the refs in the NFCC. Not all, but about half.