How did Carpenter and Sweezy play last night?

CalgaryHawk

Reaction score
Has anyone looked at the film and analyzed how Carpenter and Sweezy played last night? The pass protection seemed much better than usual this season, so I'm thinking they stepped up and played better in the Super Bowl. That would be a positive sign for next season if we're not forced to sign a guard in free agency or draft a guard in the first couple of rounds to be a starter in the off-season.

SmokinHawk

Reaction score
The offensive line allowed a few pressures but as a whole they did not get tested much since the Broncos players were too busy backpedaling after the snap.

CANHawk

Reaction score
Every time I noticed Carp it was because he was beating the crap out of Pot Pie or whatever they call that fat guy on Denver. Sure he's got his problems (mainly in pass pro) but damn that man is a bulldozer. Just crazy strong. I hope he has a good off season and works on his pass pro because I really like him as a run blocker.

Penman96

Reaction score
Okung got 2 or 3 holding penalties the cost lot's of yards. Should be said they were ticky-tack penalties, especially on the Wilson run I didn't agree with the call.

Other than that the OL wasn't mentioned too often, meaning they all played well.

Breno has blossomed into a keeper...

Jville

Reaction score
Penman96":iqz3e3co said:
Okung got 2 or 3 holding penalties the cost lot's of yards. Should be said they were ticky-tack penalties, especially on the Wilson run I didn't agree with the call.

Other than that the OL wasn't mentioned too often, meaning they all played well.

Breno has blossomed into a keeper...

LOL ....... With any luck, the rest of the league will buy into PFF ratings and pass on Seattle's free agent linemen.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
Apparently John Fox had people rummaging through the Seahawks' garbage to try to find bits of plays or game-plan notes he could use against us. One of his guys must have found The Napkin.

hawk45

Reaction score
SmokinHawk":1bxtnnwd said:
The offensive line allowed a few pressures but as a whole they did not get tested much since the Broncos players were too busy backpedaling after the snap.

I'm with SmokinHawk. Yesterday was no test. Watching them do well against Denver's defense was like watching them do well against Atlanta's defense earlier in the year. Proof of nothing. The Denver D could stop the run this year but that's about it. It was very very nice to see Russell have time to operate and room to escape and make plays, but the OL unit hasn't proven anything with respect to pass blocking. I will assume a decent-to-good running game, and that Russ is right back to getting killed on dropbacks next year until I see otherwise.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't have the numbers to back it up, and I haven't rewatched this game (or even watched it totally sober yet :lol: ) but it sure seemed like Wilson had more time than in any other game I can remember him playing in. Like I said, I have't analyzed individual performances, but in pass protection we dominated at the line.

Of course, honestly only one stat matters today and that is the fact that we have the Lombardi for the first time in team history and I am going to bask in that for a little while before I look at this game analytically.

TheWalrus

Reaction score
I thought Unger was abused a bunch of times in the 1st half in the run game.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
Speaking of Max, has there been any word on his injury? He left the game right?

mikeak

Reaction score
Did you guys see RWs face when it was pointed out zero sacks? He then stated something along the lines of them bringing pressure and he scrambled around.

The line held because of RW constantly moving around

A

Anonymous

You know, I can't really answer the OP's question. There was so much good stuff that was happening, on every other play, I found myself with zero interest in scrutinizing any individual efforts.

I saw absolutely no mediocrity in the Seahawks play last night.

Reaction score
I am hoping they bring Breno back, sure he's not the best RT out there, but he is improving and most importantly he is one of the toughest SOB's in the league and nobody mess's with him, he is just plain nasty.

justafan

Reaction score
Our running game struggled.Denver did a good job of controlling the interior los and bottling up Turbin and Lynch.24 for 64 yds combined.
But it doesnt matter today,they have SB Rings

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
In my opinion we are paying a whole lot of money for our Offensive Line in relation to the skill level and protection. JeanPierre and Giacomini are both Free Agents for 2014 and I believe both should be re-signed! Sweezy is a bargain if he continues to progress. McQuistan is a Free agent in 2014 and unless he takes a pay cut wont be re-signed.

OKUNG: 8/6/2010: Signed a six-year, $48.5 million contract. The deal includes $30 million guaranteed. Another $9.5 million is available through incentives. 2014: $8.76 million, 2015: $4.8 million, 2016: Free Agent

UNGER: 7/29/2009: Signed a five-year, $25.5 million contract. The deal contains $12 million guaranteed -- a $5.5 million signing bonus and all of Unger's first two base salaries. 2014: $5 million, 2015: $4.5 million, 2016: $4.25 million (+ $250,000 roster bonus), 2017: Free Agent

Sweezy: 5/7/2012: Signed a four-year, $2,155,952 contract. The deal included a $55,952 signing bonus. 2014: $570,000, 2015: $660,000, 2016: Free Agent

Carpenter: 7/29/2011: Signed a four-year, $7.642 million contract. The deal contains $6.224 million guaranteed, including a $4.057 million signing bonus and all of Carpenter's first three base salaries. 2014: $1,417,023, 2015: Free Agent

Giacomini: 02/12: Signed a 2 year contract extension $1.5 million in base salary for the 2012 season and $3 million in 2013, 2014: Free Agent

Lemuel Jeanpiere: CONTRACT:3 yr(s) / $1,395,000, 2014: Restricted Free Agent

Paul McQuistan: CONTRACT:2 yr(s) / $5,000,000 2014: Free Agent

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
CANHawk":2ltnu9ks said:
Every time I noticed Carp it was because he was beating the crap out of Pot Pie or whatever they call that fat guy on Denver. Sure he's got his problems (mainly in pass pro) but damn that man is a bulldozer. Just crazy strong. I hope he has a good off season and works on his pass pro because I really like him as a run blocker.

This.

Re-watching the game right now. Ol Carpenter is doing fine. He gets tons of movement on that big fatty 94, Unger cant handle that guy. But Carpenter can, easily. I'm only at the 12min mark of the 2nd Quarter though, he did well during that goal line TD by Lynch.

Earlier play I noticed, he had to get into 2nd level and block one of their little quick LB's, he got a piece of him, enough to take the guy out of the initial tckle, but then came back and pancacked him so he couldnt jump on the pile. The LB was fired up after that at him, but Carpenter ignored him. :lol:

Jville

Reaction score
Carpenter had 31 snaps for 52% of offensive snaps. James also had 7 special teams snaps.

Sweezy played full time with 60 snaps for 100% of offensive saps. JR also had 9 special teams snaps.

kobebryant

Reaction score
valleyflyfisher":al7s38ew said:
I am hoping they bring Breno back, sure he's not the best RT out there, but he is improving and most importantly he is one of the toughest SOB's in the league and nobody mess's with him, he is just plain nasty.

I'm a big Breno fan; I love nasty dudes like that on the oline. And seeing Orlando Franklin play RT makes you appreciate Breno even more.

Latest posts