Luke Willson - Drops

bubbrubb

Reaction score
Willson has had a couple untimely drops of late. Being Canadian, I wanted to see him do well, but have a feeling his stock really dropped in the eye's of coaches. Is he the future at TE? how do people feel about him?

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
He definitely has the physical attributes to be the future for our team at TE. However, he MUST start catching those throws no doubt about it. He'll get another year to prove he can correct that issue. After that, we shall see.

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I see a lot of potential with Luke, although he did drop a pass he quickly made up for it on the very next play by picking up the 3rd down. I think he will be fine.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
I was really happy to see Russell go right back to Willson on the very next play and he caught it and converted it for a first down.

rjdriver

Reaction score
He dropped a first down catch on 2nd and redeemed himself the next play. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

razgriz737

Reaction score
I only remember him dropping that pass where he redeemed himself on the next play. Were there any other drops?

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
His potential is there. He's young and a lot was expected of him from the beginning. I think he'll be fine.

Smellyman

Reaction score
razgriz737":1owyehx3 said:
I only remember him dropping that pass where he redeemed himself on the next play. Were there any other drops?

no...mountains out of mole hills

Seanhawk

Reaction score
razgriz737":2tayhp6x said:

He dropped a pass that would have been a big play in the last Rams game. That's the only one I can think of.

mikeak

Reaction score
Besides being a good fit he is cheap relatively speaking..........

he is not going anywhere

penny pinching starts now

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Its the superbowl for god sakes. Ill give him the benefit of the doubt if he drops a pass

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He will have pressure from within next season as soon as McCoy is healthy again.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":1x198zjt said:
He will have pressure from within next season as soon as McCoy is healthy again.

McCoy will be a free agent. I doubt he'll be brought back, unless they decide to cut ties with Miller.

themunn

Reaction score
Seanhawk":2xkmt3lv said:
razgriz737":2xkmt3lv said:

He dropped a pass that would have been a big play in the last Rams game. That's the only one I can think of.

Only one I can remember too, but then again, in that game he should've had a 60 yard TD, whistle blown while the ball was in the air for offsides (bad call)

ceej22

Reaction score
bigtrain21":2ajktapf said:
I was really happy to see Russell go right back to Willson on the very next play and he caught it and converted it for a first down.

Yet another reason Russell is elite. He trusts his guys and doesn't let one play influence the next. I'm sure Willson immediately forgot about his drop after catching the next one. As the game goes on that is huge as it helps Willson focus on the play at hand and not what could have been.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
He's a rookie. He has everything you want in a TE that you count on to catch the ball minus experience, not gonna worry too much that the guy dropped a ball on the biggest stage as a rookie.

OP
OP
bubbrubb

bubbrubb

Reaction score
rjdriver":3b8p2wkt said:
He dropped a first down catch on 2nd and redeemed himself the next play. It's not how you start, it's how you finish.

He has one in the earlier playoff game as well...not sure if it was divisional or SF game. But it was a glaring drop like the one he had yesterday.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Russ going right back to the kid was bigtime leadership.

The kid is 6'5, intellegent, and runs like a deer; he'll be fine. But ya, I can't blame any rook for having a drop in the Super Bowl; I'd imagine his whole body was shaking with nerves.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Seriously, OP...

The kid is a rookie... and let's not forget he came back from a high ankle sparain and got himself ready for the Play-Offs.

Let's crucify him because he had a couple drops.

SMH.