As good as this feels right now for all Hawk fans....

v1rotv2

Reaction score
You can't begin to know the feeling it is for those of us that's been here from the beginning. Through all the lean years and there were a lot of them, we have kept the faith for today. This is some sweet sweet sweet wine!

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Also, just think of all the ones who didn't quite get here with us. We weren't quite the Cubs but almost 40 years is a long time to wait. Longer than my life currently.

muxpux

Reaction score
i could care less when someone joins us. front runner, bandwagoner, whatever you wanna call them. some are people who enjoyed football but didnt really have "their" team, some just didnt watch football and got introduced by friends, or SO's, or joining the fun on FB, some genuinely hopped over from a different team. all i care is 12 nation is growing. ive been a fan since my day 1, 31 years ago. cant really do much about that, and not everyone was raised a hawks fan (poor things) all i really care about is that they stick around. unfortunately not every year will end this way.

blkhwk

Reaction score
Yep, I've been through Patera, McCormick, Knox, Flores, Erickson, Holmgren, Mora, and now Carroll as coaches and some "great" QB's like Mirer, McGwire, Gelbaugh, Huard etc...... Today is so sweet!

ivotuk

Reaction score
All those years of hoping, wishing and dreaming, then to be shafted in XL* all had an effect on me. But now, now I'm just calm. Life is pleasant.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
v1rotv2":2o25mmjo said:
You can't begin to know the feeling it is for those of us that's been here from the beginning. Through all the lean years and there were a lot of them, we have kept the faith for today. This is some sweet sweet sweet wine!
Well said brother. Been with this team "since day 1" (I turned 19 three weeks after the team's first ever game) and this is the nectar of the Gods man. From here on out til the day I die the rest will just be icing on the cake. And I do believe RW and Co. will be serving more frosting before this run is over.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
What makes this so sweet is I and most my friends and family are long suffering Hawk and Seattle sports fans, weve sat thru 2-14 seasons, a fixed super bowl, many near misses, crappy ownership groups (Behring, M's, Sonics).THIS IS THE PAYOFF for that sufferage, and DAMN, its tasty and good!

My brother whom I watched the game after hooting and hollering all game with at the end of the game sat stunned when the clock reached 0:00, saying I cannot believe MY team just curbstomped the best offense (maybe all time) in the Super Bowl! My nephew who is 12 started tearing up when he saw me and his dad starting to, as he realized how much this meant to us and realized how epic it was!

No one, absolutely NO ONE, not the contrarians, not whiner trolls, not cowpatties trolls, not stealer trolls, and not the talking head ass clowns in the sports media can take yesterday away from us, NO ONE!

The Seattle Seahawks are this years UNDISPUTED SUPER BOWL CHAMPIONS!

Enjoy this to its fullest my friends! I know I will!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It's a very real slice of Heaven on Earth. I'm still over the moon and walking on clouds today.

travlinhawk

Reaction score
What everybody said above. 13 and in Marysville when they named the team and started watching full time in 81ish. This is the sweetest thing ever!

jammerhawk

Reaction score
:179417: :179417: :179417:

WHOOO HOOO!!!

Here's to all the departed who missed out on this special special SUPER SEASON. Hope they had good seat to watch it, I sure did. Thanks Seahawks!

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I didn't grow up in Washington I grew up in Michigan but I lived in Seattle/Bellevue from 8/1992 until 5/2006. 1992 was the 2-14 season. The low water mark for the Franchise not to mention the whole Ken Behring fiasco. I've been with this team for a lot if the futile seasons. The 80's saw more success than the 90's thanks to Chuck Knox. But this win means a whole hell of a lot.

plyka

Reaction score
muxpux":3m9turkm said:
i could care less when someone joins us. front runner, bandwagoner, whatever you wanna call them. some are people who enjoyed football but didnt really have "their" team, some just didnt watch football and got introduced by friends, or SO's, or joining the fun on FB, some genuinely hopped over from a different team. all i care is 12 nation is growing. ive been a fan since my day 1, 31 years ago. cant really do much about that, and not everyone was raised a hawks fan (poor things) all i really care about is that they stick around. unfortunately not every year will end this way.

Can't agree any more. For anyone that has complained about not getting more media coverage during the season, don't come along and say anything negative about even the newest fan among us. Why do you think Dallas gets all the media coverage? Because they have the biggest fan base.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
It is still so surreal to me. I have lucid visions of the first game they ever played. Latching onto the Hawks as a 10 year old, this is the pinnacle for me.

It has been such a long ride, but I wouldn't change a thing. I am so proud to have been a fan and be rewarded with this milestone.