How much will Russell's contract be?

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
$12/year?

Wonder if Seattle will do a deal where they guarantee a higher percentage of the deal in exchange for less per year.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":1gkznjka said:
$12/year?

Wonder if Seattle will do a deal where they guarantee a higher percentage of the deal in exchange for less per year.

We don't even have to worry about that until a year from now so it's really not worth discussing.

Now with Sherman and Thomas that's the interesting question. It's interesting also to note very little talk about Russell Okung, he should also be talked about, though I don't really know how "great" he is, Sure he's a good player but he sure commits a lot of penalties with false starts and holds. So is he worth resigning to a big deal?

Not sure. Also Sherman will get less than Revis simply because of the contract structure. Revis got 16 million/ per year but NO Guaranteed money, so his # will be higher, whereas you could probably sign Sherman for 10-12 million with a significant signing bonus. Thomas may be in the 8-10 million dollar range is my guess.

Penman96

Reaction score
I could see 12 million / year for a second contract. He's a good quarterback and a good leader in the perfect scheme for him. Everyone's happy!

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
jlwaters1":1236np08 said:
hieroglyphics":1236np08 said:
$12/year?

We don't even have to worry about that until a year from now so it's really not worth discussing.

Now with Sherman and Thomas that's the interesting question. It's interesting also to note very little talk about Russell Okung, he should also be talked about, though I don't really know how "great" he is, Sure he's a good player but he sure commits a lot of penalties with false starts and holds. So is he worth resigning to a big deal?

Not sure. Also Sherman will get less than Revis simply because of the contract structure. Revis got 16 million/ per year but NO Guaranteed money, so his # will be higher, whereas you could probably sign Sherman for 10-12 million with a significant signing bonus. Thomas may be in the 8-10 million dollar range is my guess.

Of course you have to worry about it, you don't think Schneider assesses the contract negotiations for this season based on expected financials of how much RW will ask for in another years time?

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Penman96":325tq50g said:
I could see 12 million / year for a second contract. He's a good quarterback and a good leader in the perfect scheme for him. Everyone's happy!

HAHAHA

You guys are joking right?

Wilson will be getting no less than $20M/year.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Penman96":x7si7x1v said:

Yeah it will cost more than 12 mil more likely 14-16, I mean Romo is getting over 12, Bradford over 14, as to perfect scheme not really, the scheme he is in will never let him reach his full potential because we do no throw the ball enough for him to reach it. That may make a difference in us even resigning him, that and any changes on offense they do.

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
SonicHawk":aoy60jmu said:
Penman96":aoy60jmu said:

HAHAHA

Aaron Rodgers money? Really?

mikeak

Reaction score
You guys must not be serious. He is a $20m / year contract

This guy agrees with me

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kurtbadenha ... llion-man/

WITH THAT SAID

You can put it in the archive - Russell Wilson signs for $16-$18 million because he wants to set an example and save money for people around him. Sherman signs for $500k less than market value for the same reason but he won't take as much of a discount - more something "symbolic"

Sac

Reaction score
SonicHawk":2bn4r302 said:
Penman96":2bn4r302 said:

HAHAHA

Unless he gives us a massive "always compete" discount I'd say north of 20M/year should be expected.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":kvisw59s said:
SonicHawk":kvisw59s said:
Penman96":kvisw59s said:

HAHAHA

How many Super Bowls does Rodgers and Wilson have?

Someone will pay $20M a year for him, if it's not us he will go somewhere else.

mikeak

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":fgmmylez said:
SonicHawk":fgmmylez said:
Penman96":fgmmylez said:

HAHAHA

You realize Cutler just signed for $18million / year right?.........

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
SonicHawk":aq0sxd9h said:
hieroglyphics":aq0sxd9h said:
SonicHawk":aq0sxd9h said:
Penman96":aq0sxd9h said:

HAHAHA

How many Super Bowls does Rodgers and Wilson have?

Someone will pay $20M a year for him, if it's not us he will go somewhere else.

You realize he would actually have to CHOOSE to leave Seattle and that if he wants to actually win a few superbowls I doubt the team he would be leaving for would be better. You think hed take 20 million to go play for the Jags or Raiders lmao ...ok....................

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
The question is, say Russell takes $13 million/year, saving the team money to spend on keeping defensive players, Seattle keeps winning, adding another SB or two, surely Wilson does better in endorsements each year winning more Superbowls than an extra $4 million/year in his contract. He could get Manning/Brady type endorsements, becoming a major public face for the NFL, in fact, he could be THE face of the NFL over the next several years with continued, sustained success. Manning made $12 million in endorsements last year, Brady made $7 million. Tony Romo makes $18 million a year in salary but takes home barely anything in endorsements, because he NEVER wins.

What I'm happy about is while Sherman and Wilson will get their pay day, they are smart enough to realize their image and in turn, endorsement deals, benefit from being on a successful team. Maybe each one makes $3 million more in endorsement deals than they would in their contract solely on being with a successful team.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
If the Seahawks are offering 14/15 and he gets a $20M offer from the Jags or Raiders you better believe he would leave.

You realize that's like a $30M dollar difference over 6 years? If they offer $1M more... that's still $1M dollars a year.

I respect RW and I know he wants to be here, but he's not an idiot.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
hieroglyphics":3qum5qpy said:
The question is, say Russell takes $13 million/year, saving the team money to spend on keeping defensive players, Seattle keeps winning, adding another SB or two, surely Wilson does better in endorsements each year winning more Superbowls than an extra $4 million/year in his contract. He could get Manning/Brady type endorsements, becoming a major public face for the NFL, in fact, he could be THE face of the NFL over the next several years with continued, sustained success. Manning made $12 million in endorsements last year, Brady made $7 million. Tony Romo makes $18 million a year in salary but takes home barely anything in endorsements, because he NEVER wins.

What I'm happy about is while Sherman and Wilson will get their pay day, they are smart enough to realize their image and in turn, endorsement deals, benefit from being on a successful team. Maybe each one makes $3 million more in endorsement deals than they would in their contract solely on being with a successful team.

You take the money when it's available to you. Sherman and Wilson both understand they could have a career ending injury tomorrow and all that hopeful endorsement money is gone.

mikeak

Reaction score
SonicHawk":6mgkcauy said:
If the Seahawks are offering 14/15 and he gets a $20M offer from the Jags or Raiders you better believe he would leave.

You realize that's like a $30M dollar difference over 6 years? If they offer $1M more... that's still $1M dollars a year.

I respect RW and I know he wants to be here, but he's not an idiot.

California has 13.3% income tax for millionaries..... Most other states will have significant income tax leaving only very few teams that would actually have to match his salary to be competitive and all others would have to be quite a bit higher

I truly believe he takes $16-$18 million compared to available $20 million on the market. Yes lots of money less, yes still a huge salary but enough make a point

Go look at Brady (yes he is already beyond rich) but he did it to keep the team together and then NE gave him the big finger and got rid of Welker but that is a different story

OP
OP
H

hieroglyphics

Reaction score
SonicHawk":1j1u9czx said:
hieroglyphics":1j1u9czx said:

You take the money when it's available to you. Sherman and Wilson both understand they could have a career ending injury tomorrow and all that hopeful endorsement money is gone.

Thats also a two way argument, Seattle can offer higher guaranteed money, spread out over a number of years, which lowers the financial loss at the expense of injury.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
12 million a year + 8 million a year to the Children's Hospital courtesy of Paul Allen.