If I would have told you before last season started...

BamKam

Reaction score
We would be winning the Super Bowl the year after would you have laughed? I probably would have.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Last season when? I knew they were going to win the Lombardi since the spring of 2013. Never felt so sure of anything in my life, and have never felt that way about any Seattle sports team. If you are talking the year before that like in the preseason of 2012, I wouldn't have laughed, would have said it was possible. IMHO if we had gotten by Atlanta last year I think we'd be hoisting our 2nd consecutive Lombardi right now!

OP
OP
B

BamKam

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3ctr3gpk said:
Last season when? I knew they were going to win the Lombardi since the spring of 2013. Never felt so sure of anything in my life, and have never felt that way about any Seattle sports team. If you are talking the year before that like in the preseason of 2012, I wouldn't have laughed, would have said it was possible. IMHO if we had gotten by Atlanta last year I think we'd be hoisting our 2nd consecutive Lombardi right now!

Disagree, I think we would have lost to the 49ers. I do mean before the 2012 seasons, when Matt Flynn was still our presumed starting QB.

kearly

Reaction score
I was telling co-workers that Seattle was a dynasty in the making in August of 2012. Most talented team + extremely young and cost controlled + exciting QB who fit offense like a glove.

I remember there being a lot of fans around here whispering SB after the 2nd half of the 2011 season when we looked like SF-lite with Tjack at QB.

Starrman44

Reaction score
Back before RW first pre-season, during training camp I was telling friends and family that we were going to the Super Bowl. I expected to go last year. I was super confident this year.

I felt like we could have went with Flynn or TJack, but RW just made us that much better. For myself, I've never been the type to make excuses for my team or to over rate them. This honestly has not come as a surprise. We have the best roster from the #1's to the practice squad, imo.

You could just feel it coming listening to Pete and watching how the team was taking his mantra and his rah-rah stuff. He's the kind of coach I would want my child to play for.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Even before Wilson's first regular season start, I was confident we'd be in the Super Bowl this year. Halfway through last season, I thought it would be last year's Super Bowl. And we came damned close. A single stop away from going to the NFC Championship game, where who knows, we'd probably have come up just shy to the 49ers, but ya never know.

HawkWow

Reaction score
I've been tellin' people we're going to the super bowl since 1977.

AgentDib

Reaction score
The great thing about the NFL is that you can hope for a Super Bowl any year in which you think your organization is being run well. Every year there is a division winner who finished last the previous year and once you get into the playoffs anything can happen. This was a rare year in that the best team in the NFL also won the Super Bowl. It doesn't usually work out like that due to the single elimination nature of the playoffs and the capability in the NFL for underdogs to knock off favorites.

Consider that we certainly could have won the Super Bowl in 2010. That Bears game was a few uncharacteristic drops away from being a nail biter and then we would have been back home for the NFCCG. Winning that game and the super bowl would have been unlikely (1 in 9?) but Vegas is putting us at 1 in 7 odds to repeat and we can feel pretty good about those odds.

Throwdown

Reaction score
I told people in 2011 that Pete Carroll was gonna get us our first Lombardi, no one was trying to hear me tho

volsunghawk

Reaction score
kearly":2ybjmzux said:
I was telling co-workers that Seattle was a dynasty in the making in August of 2012. Most talented team + extremely young and cost controlled + exciting QB who fit offense like a glove.

I remember there being a lot of fans around here whispering SB after the 2nd half of the 2011 season when we looked like SF-lite with Tjack at QB.

Yeah, this. I remember having fun discussions on this board about the direction of the team in late 2011. I was seeing the defense starting to really show something special while others were just focused on the question at QB. I remember trying to make the point that we suddenly had 2 of the 3 crucial parts of a SB team - a strong D and a strong running game. All we needed was a solid QB capable of making plays when necessary and protecting the ball, and we'd be contenders.

seahawksny

Reaction score
BamKam":3ape5ej9 said:
We would be winning the Super Bowl the year after would you have laughed? I probably would have.

Wouldnt have laughed- we were a pass rusher away in that loss to Atlanta

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
BamKam":22wslod6 said:

In August of 2012? Yeah I would have laughed

In August of 2013? Nope. I believed this would happen. In fact I called Seattle-Denver

sc85sis

Reaction score
I knew the day Pete was hired that a Super Bowl win would follow. It was just a question of when.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2bk7zyn4 said:
Exactly, Pete alluded to that very thing. For myself the free agency period and trading for Harvin convinced me.