America's new favourite dish: Crow!

Bullmeister

Reaction score
Antonio Cromartie definitely has some serious eating to do...

Take these gems!

"I don't think Seattle has enough on the defensive side of the ball to cover those guys (Denver WRs)"

"That's what I am really big on, (Seattle's low scoring offense)...Seattle's offense has trouble getting the ball and dink and donk down the field, they can't do that, they live off big plays""

"Denver's O-Line can hold up on that side of he ball (Seahawks front 4)"

And this one from the Stephen Smith who was lapping it all up:

"I don't see any defense holding Denver to less than 24 to 28 points in a game of this magnitude, and I don't see Seattle's offense being able to put up that many."
[youtube]XEGZCf-X0EE[/youtube]

Yeah man, you NAILED it guys! LOL!
Look forward to hearing more intelligent football insights from you panel of experts.

Here is Smith and Bayless eating crow post Superbowl:

[youtube]nYhd0rFVEU0[/youtube]

Seriously, how awesome and fun is it being a 12 right now looking back at what had been said in the weeks before SB XLVIII. :)
I hope the players are lapping this stuff up as well.

Got to love Baldwin's swipe at Cris Carter LOL!

Starrman44

Reaction score
Steven A. was taking issue with every person that picked the Seahawks on their prediction debate show. He kept on saying how he didn't understand how every one was just acting like all the Broncos had was Demarius (y in there somewhere - can't spell his name). Then they would turn around and talk about moving Richard Sherman all around to cover the guy. Seems to me Steven A. kept forgetting we got a lot of good cornerbacks outside of Sherman.

I will say this, though. I think Kaep was kind of right about attacking our nickel. I saw Walter Thurmond out of position a couple times. It's going to be interesting what we decide to do with him.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I'll give Schlereth and Tom Jackson a bit of a pass in that they bleed orange and blue being ex-Broncos. Although a little more objectivity would be nice. At least Jackson admitted his bias and he was extremely complimentary after the game. I had a smile on my face just listening to Stephen A talk about the game.

The first sign before the game that the talking heads didn't know anything about Seattles D was when they would speculate about Sherman being on Thomas. Anyone familiar at all with the team would know without having to ask them that Sherman plays on the left side and outside of Week 2 the D does not employ the strategy of corners moving around to match-up.

plyka

Reaction score
hawksfanohio":e7gwfref said:
I would love to hear Mark Schlereth eat crow as well.

Schlereth did the right thing. I listened to his podcast yesterday with Sedano or Shedano (forget the other guy's name). All these podcqasts are available on the ESPN app which is pretty cool. Anyway, Mark made a formal apology and said that he allowed his fandom to interfere with his "analysis." No shit homeboy.

w00t

Reaction score
so many media idiots were sayin this and sayin that...

HOW YOU LIKE US NOW? I LOVE IT!

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
So how many of these talking heads will start to actually do their homework from now on? The fact of the matter is that they and the Broncos discounted how damn good this Defense and more importantly this Offense are. And then bought into the wonderment of all that magical Denver offensive hoopla! These are people who get paid vast sums of money to analyze and report on the industry that is the NFL and they could not have possibly gotten it any more wrong! For me the "El Supremo Douchebag de todos los tiempos" of these is Charlie Casserly!

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
It sure would be nice if sports analysis shows would actually analyze instead of create controversy or purposely pump up teams that are bad or bad matchups in certain situations for the sake of ratings.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Love the consensus shout out to the 12th man across the nation. Seems our fans were the first to ever show up for a Super bowl game and have a considered impact.

UGotHawked

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":35lcwk3e said:
It sure would be nice if sports analysis shows would actually analyze instead of create controversy or purposely pump up teams that are bad or bad matchups in certain situations for the sake of ratings.

Haha! I was ranting at work yesterday, and I made this statement nearly verbatim.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1zlwbuk0 said:
I'll give Schlereth and Tom Jackson a bit of a pass in that they bleed orange and blue being ex-Broncos. Although a little more objectivity would be nice. At least Jackson admitted his bias and he was extremely complimentary after the game. I had a smile on my face just listening to Stephen A talk about the game.

The first sign before the game that the talking heads didn't know anything about Seattles D was when they would speculate about Sherman being on Thomas. Anyone familiar at all with the team would know without having to ask them that Sherman plays on the left side and outside of Week 2 the D does not employ the strategy of corners moving around to match-up.

There is a huge difference between Jackson and Schlereth. Schlereth was opening lobbying the officials before the game. He is a huge beach.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
UGotHawked":1z8yeyt2 said:
Anyone heard from Kaep? Roddy?? :lol: :lol:

Based on how the Denver offense performed, maybe Manning did use advice from Kaep.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Crizilla":23ib3uqt said:
Where is kaep?!
I believe he has choked on his helping of crow and is in the hospital. The guy has to stop choking if he wants to catch up to our hobbit - size quarterback.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
To his credit, Cowherd completely owned being wrong. He even said he was a big weenie. Said that even though he knew Seattle had a better roster he was scared to go against Manning figuring, he would lead Denver to victory. Then it would be awkward for him to get Denver guests on this week. Totally owned screwing up.

He had Jason Whitlock on who was calling for the Seahawks to rout the Broncos the whole time.

chrispy

Reaction score
Media shoudl be more embarrassed than Peyton.

hawksfanohio

Reaction score
plyka":u1h18plo said:
hawksfanohio":u1h18plo said:
I would love to hear Mark Schlereth eat crow as well.

Schlereth did the right thing. I listened to his podcast yesterday with Sedano or Shedano (forget the other guy's name). All these podcqasts are available on the ESPN app which is pretty cool. Anyway, Mark made a formal apology and said that he allowed his fandom to interfere with his "analysis." No shit homeboy.

Oh ok. I didn't know he said that. At least he owned up to it.