Rodgers-Cromartie Comments Refreshing

seahawksny

Reaction score
Said Seattle wanted it more.

Plain and simple.

Welker also said they werent prepared.

Manning also admitted they got beat

Nice to hear honesty instead of people like Kaepernick who speaks drivel that "seattle secondary afraid of his receivers."

Nice to see Denver players come out and say they were beat by a better team

Looks like our new rivals arent as classy as our old rivals, but we knew this already

mikeak

Reaction score

I don't get this one. How are you not prepared for the Super Bowl?

Sure coaches have a responsibility as in Fox apparently turned down the crowd noise since it wouldn't be a factor but what else? The players are responsible for themselves and they watch tape with coaches etc etc

PC and Sherman both confirmed that their gameplan for defense was what they do all year and if anything simpler than normal. So how would you not be prepared.....

Hawks46

Reaction score
So, not a peep out of SF's players post SB I'm noticing. Think this unnerved some of them ?

Rodgers-Cromartie also came out and ranked the top CBs in the league and Sherm wasn't even top 6 according to him. Anything he says I take with a large grain of salt.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Broncos are full of class where the 49ers? Not so much. Especially their QB.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
seahawksny":3vuo4b8k said:

He's going to get absolutely CRUCIFIED for this comment, and maybe even cut if Elway sees it.

To quit playing hard or say another team wanted it more in the SB!? Inexcusable.

volsunghawk

Reaction score
mikeak":316oysmu said:

Translation: We didn't take the Seahawks seriously enough. We thought that we'd pick their D apart just because we were able to handle the Chiefs. We didn't realize the Seahawks were on a completely different level. Also, our defense thought that the last two months of the Seahawks' passing game meant that we could just stop Lynch and all would be fine. We didn't understand that Wilson and his receivers were playing a conservative game against incredibly tough defenses - most of whom were tougher than anything we'd faced all year.

To sum up, we thought we were facing a good team from the NFC that we could handle. What we got was something else entirely. We were prepared for the Super Bowl. We weren't prepared for the Seahawks.

irfuben32

Reaction score
Welker said they weren't prepared for the noise. Hopefully that was the 12's traveling to NY and getting loud!

Manning said Seattle has an excellent D but they just didn't execute. Which kind of pissed me off because he still wasn't given them credit. They didn't execute because they got the snot kicked out of them all night.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
volsunghawk":tbn84r4v said:
mikeak":tbn84r4v said:

Translation: We didn't take the Seahawks seriously enough. We thought that we'd pick their D apart just because we were able to handle the Chiefs. We didn't realize the Seahawks were on a completely different level. Also, our defense thought that the last two months of the Seahawks' passing game meant that we could just stop Lynch and all would be fine. We didn't understand that Wilson and his receivers were playing a conservative game against incredibly tough defenses - most of whom were tougher than anything we'd faced all year.

To sum up, we thought we were facing a good team from the NFC that we could handle. What we got was something else entirely. We were prepared for the Super Bowl. We weren't prepared for the Seahawks.

Perfect translation.

OP
OP
S

seahawksny

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ouk3qah said:
seahawksny":1ouk3qah said:

He's going to get absolutely CRUCIFIED for this comment, and maybe even cut if Elway sees it.

To quit playing hard or say another team wanted it more in the SB!? Inexcusable.

Disagree about elway . i think he probably feels same way

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mikeak":37i6w7bp said:

They were absolutely prepared, they just didn't think the Hawks D could stop their gimmicky ass timing spread offense, so they didn't change any schemes.

A more correct statement from Welker would have been "we were wrongly prepared." They should have come up with new wrinkles and plays to try and get over the top on our D. More double moves and longer go routes to try and beat us long. But they didn't, they played right into our suffocating press D.

djb28

Reaction score
irfuben32":35rj6cqh said:
Welker said they weren't prepared for the noise. Hopefully that was the 12's traveling to NY and getting loud!

Manning said Seattle has an excellent D but they just didn't execute. Which kind of pissed me off because he still wasn't given them credit. They didn't execute because they got the snot kicked out of them all night.

It's more like They COULDN'T execute!

:thfight7: I wonder why?

Always Fierce

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2lov5mom said:
mikeak":2lov5mom said:

I don't think it did the Broncos any favors beating up on the NFC East in terms of preparation for the Super Bowl. Perhaps they did have a false sense of security.

mikeak

Reaction score
volsunghawk":2gwe5lv2 said:
mikeak":2gwe5lv2 said:

I expect that from experts

I don't expect it from NFL coaches and players. Everyone of us here knew why RW was "struggling" - defenses played and PC mantra about not turning the ball over combined with winning all but one of those games and going into ultra safe mode

hawk45

Reaction score
TBH even those comments from DRC are a cop-out.

Denver ran up against a team superior in every way (including preparation and not melting under bright lights).

Seattle's strength (defense) was greater than Denver's strength (offense).
Seattle's perceived weaknesses (offense) were greater than their counterparts (Denver D).
A huge special teams disparity.

And the margins were not small.

mikeak

Reaction score
^ good point

Better preparation would have meant different players gathered during the offseason :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":22aogxh1 said:
mikeak":22aogxh1 said:

They were absolutely prepared, they just didn't think the Hawks D could stop their gimmicky ass timing spread offense, so they didn't change any schemes.

A more correct statement from Welker would have been "we were wrongly prepared." They should have come up with new wrinkles and plays to try and get over the top on our D. More double moves and longer go routes to try and beat us long. But they didn't, they played right into our suffocating press D.
Peyton doesn't have the arm to try a plan like that his advantage lies in pre-snap reads and his incredibly quick release. Only the latter is a factor for our defense.

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
Hawks46":33jb5k7o said:
So, not a peep out of SF's players post SB I'm noticing. Think this unnerved some of them ?

Rodgers-Cromartie also came out and ranked the top CBs in the league and Sherm wasn't even top 6 according to him. Anything he says I take with a large grain of salt.

This unnerved them. I'm an Eagles fan. When the Cowboys handed it to Buffalo 52-17 in 1993, I was unnerved as a fan. From late 1987 until mid 1992, we owned the Cowboys. Hell, we'd even pimp-slapped them 31-7 in our first meeting that season ... and the the Cowboys turned it on. When we saw how good they were in the postseason ... yeh, chills.