Brandon Browner at Strong Safety?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
I was thinking about this last night. I really think he could excel there as a back up for Kam. Whenever he gets past his suspension I doubt he will be getting big contract offers. I wonder if Pete and John would consider him there. He would definitely be better than Maragos.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maragos backs up Earl Thomas.

Jeron Johnson backs up Chancellor.

It's an interesting theory, but someone will start Browner. I'm betting he goes to Jacksonville.

Even then, talk about a Big Nickle, or Big Dime package with him and Chancellor out there. Damn ! Browner is tailor made to cover TE's IMO.

Always Fierce

Reaction score
Natethegreat":7kspooqx said:
I was thinking about this last night. I really think he could excel there as a back up for Kam. Whenever he gets past his suspension I doubt he will be getting big contract offers. I wonder if Pete and John would consider him there. He would definitely be better than Maragos.

Isn't he an unrestricted free agent March 1 2014? I'd be surprised if you all kept him given his baggage as well as the way you performed even with him absent.

OP
OP
N

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Exactly, he could still be a valuable part of this defense even though I doubt he ever comes back here as a starting corner. He could be had for fairly cheap I would imagine.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
CPHawk":1jy9wjoe said:

Some one needs to be made "an example" for using drugs. The NFL HQ and the rest of the NFL needs to see that the Seahawks are "serious" about drug use. Browner was "the last straw"!

drdiags

Reaction score
I doubt Browner makes the change. BTW, Maragos is a FA and so is Jeron Johnson. I am thinking Maragos isn't going to be back.

mikeak

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":3tvhmk18 said:
CPHawk":3tvhmk18 said:

Some one needs to be made "an example" for using drugs. The NFL HQ and the rest of the NFL needs to see that the Seahawks are "serious" about drug use. Browner was "the last straw"!

Well Goodell has said that they keep looking at making pot for medical use not illegal in the NFL (ie follow the rules of the states the players live in). Right now he says NFL doctor's don't agree.

So while I don't disagree with your post the stance by the NFL may swing the other way instead.....

Blitzer88

Reaction score
I have a feeling that BB is done as a Hawk. I mean I loved him as a player, but at the end of the day we need to save some money to re-sign some of our younger guys.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
He'll be lucky if his NFL career isnt over, much less rejoin the Seahawks.

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
Browner excels when he is able to get his hands on the receiver and jam him at the line of scrimmage. You put him out there in the middle of the field and he would get burned left and right. He's got great long speed but is pretty bad at changing direction.

bbsplitter

Reaction score
So is Browner a FA or are we probably cutting him? If so how much $$ does that save?

HawkFan72

Reaction score
bbsplitter":1ahl4xdp said:
So is Browner a FA or are we probably cutting him? If so how much $$ does that save?

He was going to be a free agent, which makes it even worse for him. He was going to get paid by someone.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
If we don't sign him someone else will. His life decisions aside Browner was and likely still is a nightmare for defenders. A lot of people trying to forget how good he actually was because of what he did. Not condoning it, but be realistic.

Laloosh

Reaction score
That's if they let him back into the league. He's on an indefinite suspension which is actually worded as a "ban" to last no shorter than 1 year.