Is Lynch retiring?

kidhawk

Reaction score
Well, it has been reported in the same article that you posted, that when Sherman spoke to him he said that he reneged...supposedly meaning that Lynch will be back.

I think Lynch will play 1-2 more years and then retire. I think it's a pretty safe bet he's back at least for the 2014 season

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
WTF, no. He can but I feel he has at least one more great season in him. Rest him this season and put in CMike as the starter and he can come in and spell him. Losing him would be a significant loss as a the spiritual heart and soul of this franchise. I understand all the health reasons and, possibly, his desire to move forward with his life-I think he can help us push toward another title.

Chapow

Reaction score
The first sentence of the last paragraph in that article says "It sounds like Lynch is coming back next year, folks!", so I'm gonna go with no, Lynch isn't retiring.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
He's got 1 to 2 good years left, and a so that's another Lombardi or 2 to win! :)

BamKam

Reaction score
He got a taste of greatness, he will want more. He has some miles left in those legs, maybe not much but he can be Beast Mode for another 2 years or so.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
He just signed sponsorship deals with Monster and Skittles so I kind of doubt that he would jump ship now. But the way he has been villainized by the press the last few weeks could you blame him?

CortezKennedyfan

Reaction score
Let's look at Power Backs:

Lynch has played 7 seasons.

Alexander played 8 seasons (Came back for a 9th with the Skins who cut him after 4 games).

Brandon Jacobs played 7 seasons (Came back for an 8th and left the Whiners after 2 games).

Michael Turner played 9 seasons, came back for a 10th this season, but was cut.

Tiki Barber played 10 seasons, but carried a bit less weight than Beast Mode.

Lynch turns 28 in 2 Months.

He's no Spring chicken for his position, had some knee issues this season and his production dipped a bit.

You look at who the Hawks have to re-sign in 2016, and I think it's clear that next year is Beast's final go 'round with Seattle.

I wouldn't be surprised if they drafted another RB since Turbin and CMike haven't really been able to push Lynch.

I don't think he'll peter out at the end like Willis McGahee or Maurice Jones Drew who are hanging on for 1-2 seasons too long. I think he will walk away with the $30 million or so he has earned, and if the Seahawks want to reward him, they won't cut him, they'll trade him to the Raiders after next season to let him go out after the dream of playing for his hometown team where he has his charities/community/family etc.

He is far from done and is still elite. But the end is near.

Tical21

Reaction score
I'd leave if I was him. Why come back? Made a good chunk of change, won a ring, built a legacy. If he leaves now he might have a chance at walking without too much pain later in life.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Tical21":1l3lwqvz said:
I'd leave if I was him. Why come back? Made a good chunk of change, won a ring, built a legacy. If he leaves now he might have a chance at walking without too much pain later in life.

I agree. Unless he really loves playing and wants to win as many as he can why not retire. He is allready a legend in Seattle and was part of the first Superbowl team. Nobody will ever forget Lynch and he can go out on top before his play declines.