Back from NYC - with a lot to report.

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
I'm relatively new posting here been reading this site for years. Some of this may have been mentioned but I was lucky enough to attend the Super Bowl and I have some pretty cool stories.

First of all I got totally trolled by my buddy from NY who told me after week 8 that if the Seahawks made the Super Bowl - he'd get us tickets. Trolled, in that after we made the SB, he told me he bought us tix in section 304. As I'll get to soon - he was a little bit off.

Flew out of Tri-Cities Friday afternoon, connection in Seattle on Jet-Blue- full flight of Seahawk Jerseys. It was a red-eye getting in at like 5:30 am, It was a little comical, because when we all got seated the female flight attendant got on the intercom and said that if the flight got too rowdy, they'd have to divert and land somewhere else. She sounded scared, which was funny because most of us just wanted to go to sleep.

Anyhow, once in NYC - it is like most reported - way more Hawk fans than Broncos. The guy running the taxi line said he'd hardly seen any Orange.

On Saturday we went to Carlow East on UES - it was full of Hawk fans - everyone was fired up. So cool being in a bar w/ so much energy at 3 in the afternoon.

Later went downtown to Macy's (where NFL shop was set up on 4th floor) - it was a zoo but the Seahawk stuff was really picked through and mostly gone - Bronco stuff was plentiful. Heard a worker mention that some Bronco fans had finally showed up on Saturday and they were worried they'd be sending most the Bronco stuff back. True Story.

Anyhow - game day - perfect weather - we drove to MetLife and it only took like 20 min from the UWS. Parked next to some hawk fans in crazy dreadlocks - hawk head get- ups. It was awesome. :179417:

Walking into tunnel and seeing all fans was surreal.

Anyhow, it was about this time when my buddy had to hand over the ticket for security (which only took 5 minutes) - we were sitting in Section 139 Row10 (which was actually the 5th row up "on the 47 freaking yard line!".

And to top it off we had access to the Rooftop Club (which wasn't on the roof but on field level at the 50 yard line). Free food, drinks, music (The Flutie Brother's band - Doug was on drums). Jet cheerleaders. and P. Garcon signing autographs - I got an autograph, but when someone asked him who he thought would win, he said, "Definitely Denver". LOL It also (rooftop club Ticket included on field access post-game.)

This heavenly experience lasted for 3 hours - and included an outdoor area where we watched the teams warm up and various celebs walk past - Costner, A. Paul, Sapp, Irvin, and ugh - Pamela Oliver (who I wanted to boo).

I'll cut it off here and start a new one commenting on the game and post game - hopefully this is worth reading.

Boiler

Reaction score
Sounds like a terrific experience! Your story definitely beats mine, but I did make it to the game and am so glad I did.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
So is your buddy loaded with cash or something? How in the world did he score that package?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow, what a dream trip. Awesome!

Hawks46

Reaction score
I don't even want to know how much those tickets cost. And it sounds like it was worth every penny.

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
OK Gametime - we grabbed a couple free beers and headed to our seats (beers at game were as much as $16).

Seats were incredible - as mentioned 5 rows back at the 47 yard line. Had my plane really crashed and I was in Heaven? After all Costner had walked right past us - "field of dreams moment".

Sitting right in front of us and towards aisle were Duff (Guns and Roses) and Cantrel and some of their buddies. During the game - after every big play Duff was hi-fiving me and his buddies - pretty damn cool huh?

I didn't ask for an autograph because I respected the fact that he was there as a fan - although I did get a cool pic w/ him.

Gametime - the 12's were LOUD. It's no lie that they influenced the game. We were right behind the Seahawk bench and it was mostly Seahawk fans and they were all on their feet yelling. A lot were sitting but around us, the people stood the ENTIRE game. At one point early in the game - a lady 2 rows back asked the people behind Duff and Cantrel if they'd sit and they said, "Uh lady - this is the Super Bowl."

There were times when the Sea-hawk chants would start up in the 300's and the whole lower section would stop and look up there. IT was incredible how loud they were. Kudos to you if you were sitting up in the 300's.

The game - as we all are quite familiar with - was perfect - we one on every level and the Broncos never knew what hit them, actually I think they're still having nightmares about Kam.

One thing that happened that I haven't heard anyone mention - media or otherwise was with Lynch. Sometime in the 3rd quarter we seemed to have a melt down. He tossed his helmet and started flipping off the Denver sideline and every camera in sight. It was totally crazy and a couple of his teammates came up to calm him down. I can only imagine that he was letting out all of his frustration off the past two weeks of BS by the media and the talking idiots. Did anyone else see this?

Lynch ate from a huge gallon sized ziplock of skittles after he scored and I tossed some in the air and handed out a few bags.

The Percy return was the hi-lite (damn he's fast) - I hate to admit but I was in the restroom for the Pick-6.

Next up - Post game. :0190l:

OP
OP
ZornwasaleftY

ZornwasaleftY

Reaction score
After the game - the confetti was one of the coolest things I've ever seen (so was the pre-game fly-over).

We got to go out onto the actual field w/ the reporters. So cool. I got Big Red to sign my Rooftop Club pass and Thurman to sign my Super Bowl ticket. Taima was also out there w/ handler - cool to see. Marshawn came out later in a red hoody and ran around w/ reporters following him. They almost ran me over. LOL.

At this point a lot of the 12's had moved down to the first rows around the stadium and were giving it up for the team. It was so great to see.

I have a lot of pics of the entire experience, including sideline shots of the post game 12's from on the field. I'm not sure how to post pics/or the best way - so let me know and I'll be glad to do it. I'm sure it will be cool to see yourself in a crowd of 12's along front rows.

anyway - just wanted to share this - definitely a Bucket List weekend.

Love the Seahawks since 4th grade in NorCal 1978.

Congrats Seahawks, Congrats 12th Man!!!

btw - every Denver fan we talked w/ before, during, and especially after was classy and cool.

A

Anonymous

Sweet!

That's just how I'd like my trip to next year's game to go.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
Wow! I mean, like wow! Awesome posts. You had a once in a lifetime experience. Soooo jealous.
Would love to see your pictures. Maybe post on Flickr?

Good job on describing your experience! Thanks...boss.

drdiags

Reaction score
I used Photobucket to host any pictures I had and use that to embed images if I had a bunch. From the post above sounds like Flickr is the new PhotoBucket.

rjdriver

Reaction score
You need to figure out how to post pics. FAST!!

Awesome story!