Korey Toomer ?

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
At 6'2 240 lbs with a 4.5 40 I have been waiting to see whats up with him expect good things if he has been kept on THIS roster all this time. Could he be our Julius Thomas?

OP
OP
L

Lynch Mob

Reaction score
I know but J. Thomas was injured for his first year or two. Last year was Thomas first year playing.

themunn

Reaction score
Remember last offseason we all thought that PC/JS would target LBers in the draft and then they took none?
Even though beforehand PC has basically he said he was happy about the LBers in the group and he was excited about Toomer?

Well...

drdiags

Reaction score
They were raving about him prior to training camp, with Ken Norton giving him big props. Then he had that non-football related injury and never made it off the injured list. We will see what's up this year I assume since Malcolm Smith and Mike Morgan should be ending their rookie contracts this next season. KJ Wright is up soon as well.

EDIT: May be a tad off on the rookie contracts end dates so don't quote me. My recall can be spotty.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
drdiags":xvyrqn7y said:
They were raving about him prior to training camp, with Ken Norton giving him big props. Then he had that non-football related injury and never made it off the injured list. We will see what's up this year I assume since Malcolm Smith and Mike Morgan should be ending their rookie contracts this next season. KJ Wright is up soon as well.

EDIT: May be a tad off on the rookie contracts end dates so don't quote me. My recall can be spotty.

This is KJ's 4th year as well so both Malcolm and KJ will be free agents after 2014.

Infact if you look at the 2011 draft class there is a lot of free agents after 2014

Sherman, Maxwell, Wright, Smith, Carpenter. I doubt we hold onto more than 2 of these guys. Possibly only Sherman out of that group.

Seafan

Reaction score
There are a lot of young guys on defense who could step in and surprise this year: Toomer, Scruggs, Simon, Auguste, D'A Smith, Brooks, Boatwright, Williams, Hill, Shead, Fenner, Cherrington. The way they coach you never know who in that group could really have a nice impact this season.

sutz

Reaction score
Throwdown":39pnwkx4 said:
It's a lot to like about Toomer, but he cant stay healthy for nothing
On a sample of one, that sounds a bit harsh. ;)

But I remember the coaches talking him up. Perhaps it was just coach-speak, but it wouldn't be a bad thing if he stepped up this season.

We're transitioning from 're-building' to 'maintenance' mode as a team now, so it will be interesting seeing what kind of talent we have in the pipeline to cover for the inevitable losses in FA.

Jville

Reaction score
Scottemojo":1ae84x53 said:
Maybe he is just Jameson Konz part two.

Will Tharold Simon become Jameson Konz part three?

By the way, I saw where Jameson Konz signed a 2014 futures contract with the Dallas Cowboys.