Sidney Rice likely cut per NFL.com

Crizilla

Reaction score
Saw this coming. Glad he gets a ring, though.

That Chicago game....nevar forget....

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
that's 9.7 million to spread around..
Stay tuned for a chris clemons restructure/trade or cut as well prolly a restructure.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
Would not surprise me at all. While I like Rice, I just can't see him on the team - not with that salary for the production - even production potential - he gives us. We've got Harvin now, and with Tate and Baldwin, that makes three very good receivers. Kearse was also outstanding this year, and younger and cheaper. He's shown he can be clutch. Not to mention we're grooming Lockette, who has shown some brilliance at times. I would have called this move from about mid-season on.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Meh. Reported by Rapoport who is never right about anything unless he reports it a minute before it's official.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This is going to happen. Almost a foregone conclusion at this point.

gulliver

Reaction score
Knew it would happen but yikes... the Lombardi hasn't been home 24 hours and the guy will already be reading reports that he's been exiled from these guys he was so close to. Feel bad...

DavidSeven

Reaction score
gulliver":18hcz8m9 said:
Knew it would happen but yikes... the Lombardi hasn't been home 24 hours and the guy will already be reading reports that he's been exiled from these guys he was so close to. Feel bad...

Pretty classless to put this report out day before parade. Anyone who has seen the cap figures can figure this out. This is not groundbreaking news. No need to put it out on NFL.com. Rap is just desperate to be "right" for once and I seriously doubt he has any actual sources. Maybe the same ones who told him Percy was going on IR?

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
gulliver":3ht6y49e said:

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall.

Who knows maybe he comes back on a cheap deal

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
No brainer decision. He ain't getting $10 mil next season. But I could see him back on a 1 year "prove it" deal if the FA market doesn't go nuts for him. The report about Zach Miller being asked to take a pay cut is far more interesting to me.

theascension

Reaction score
Almost a non-concern at this point considering the success we've had without him. Loved him last year but it's an obvious move. His early season stats weren't anything special this year before the injury either really.
My biggest question is if we can keep Bennett, he's a huge part of our 4 man rush.

The saddest loss this year will likely be Mike Rob even if from a skill standpoint it might be the smallest loss. In one of his pregame interviews he strongly hinted the organization prefers coleman for the future. As much of a team leader and great person he his, he's not really even a top 5 fullback.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Also mentions Miller in there. When do teams officially begin cutting players?

CPHawk

Reaction score
Yep, they said Miller will be asked to take a pay cut or be cut.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Guys, you really think someone in the Seahawks org is going to give this info to Rap before they even conclude their season exit interviews? He's speculating based on cap numbers. This may all happen, but this report isn't grounded in anything.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
DavidSeven":3n7syz6z said:
Guys, you really think someone in the Seahawks org is going to give this info to Rap before they even conclude their season exit interviews? He's speculating based on cap numbers. This may all happen, but this report isn't grounded in anything.

Do you really think Rice is not getting cut? Honestly?

The writing was on the wall when Harvin was inked. This money will go to Bennett and Tate.

Happy

Reaction score
I think there's gonna be a lot of guys that were brought here in the first two years (2010-2011) that aren't going to be on the team on opening day.

With Pete and John's roster management philosophy which is a take on the packer way, only the very best players are going to see the big money, the rest will move on when they hit their peak earning years. That means some good players are going to be walking out the door every year. Gonna be a bit scary.

I reckon that implies we've seen the last of Golden Tate in a Seahawk uniform as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":1n9fl361 said:
gulliver":1n9fl361 said:

I'm sure he saw the writing on the wall.

Who knows maybe he comes back on a cheap deal
I hope so he changes the offense just like Percy. Not the same way of course but he works with Wilson very well.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Miller has been a disappointment since coming over from Oakland before the 2011 season. He's been serviceable at best in Seattle, recording just 96 catches over three seasons with the 'Hawks.

I hate this line of thought. It's the same reason people call Russell Wilson a game manager. Our system doesn't call on Miller to be a pass-catching fiend. He's in there mostly to run block, and he kicks butt at it.