Golden Tate willing to take hometown discount

Axx

Reaction score
Not sure if posted before.

“I probably shouldn’t even say this right now but I’m going to say it anyway just because I love Seattle, honestly, I would rather take a little less to be happy and win ball games than to take way more and go to a crappy city where the fans don’t give a crap about the team. You win a game once a month of something like that. I would much rather stay in the situation that I have now for a little less than to go and try to break the bank somewhere else,” Tate said.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... -seahawks/

Exittium

Reaction score
I won't complain, he understands the importance and impact of a dynasty instead of money.. smart man.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
Wow. Be interested to see what the PFT trolls write about this.

For a player to come out and say that (even still being in the "heat of the moment" from the Super Bowl victory) says VOLUMES about how this team conducts itself, and how much we fans mean to the players.

Seahawk Mike

Reaction score
AWESOME...that's what will make this a dynasty...

If players leave it will make it harder....of course some will leave but this mind set is amazing

QuahHawk

Reaction score
That will only make more players want to come here. Still not sure WR keep him.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Could be a ploy to get other teams to try and pry him away from here with a big contract.

djb28

Reaction score
He was thinking of me. I bought a jersey and a Tee. And even named my kid Tate. Thanks buddy!

Penman96

Reaction score
Tate respects Seattle, and the 12. He's a good punt returner, and a solid #2 receiver. Knows our system and mentality inside out, and buys into the team philosophy. Plus he has a cool name. He'll be the first of many to take a discount to be here.

No brainer.

Shock2k

Reaction score
I really like how this is starting.

Look, you know you could be a leaving that could have a great chance of winning 2 more Super Bowls. So take a two year contract, the re-evaluate.

Oh, and holy crap how much truth was he putting down right there. Not ONCE in any former player interview have I heard them say, man it was awesome getting that great contract, what a crap load of money I got.

But the one's being interviewed are usually the greats, and the greats never remember the money.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
This is awesome, here I thought hometown discounts didn't exist or athletes couldn't be unselfish.

Btw, I never really thought that.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Out of anyone who needed to say that to stay on this team it was him.

sutz

Reaction score
His agent is probably on the phone to him right now, screaming, "Shut up you idiot!"

:laugh:

Nice to hear, though. Hope the LoB thinks the same.

Exittium

Reaction score
sutz":3fkd3gn4 said:
His agent is probably on the phone to him right now, screaming, "Shut up you idiot!"

:laugh:

Nice to hear, though. Hope the LoB thinks the same.

Yeah thats what worries me, its not the players is their agents, and are their agents greedy.

DeathbyTalons

Reaction score
I think some of the local biz in the area can help those guys who wanna stay, make up a little bit of the gap through endorsements. Golden would be the ultimate spokesman for Top Pot donuts. I'm dead serious. Marshawn and Beacon were pretty savy to get those commercials going. I think there's money to be had by several local shops and the players who want to stay.

Reaction score
Even with him saying this I wonder if there will be enough $$$ to keep him and Baldwin?

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
PlinytheCenter":2lwg3myv said:
Spread the word Golden.
It's already been done both the LOB and Bennett said pretty much the same already. Bennett flat out said he wants to be a lifer. Step back and really think about this... he's the rarest of breeds a DT that can rush the quarterback and stop the the run and play DE!!!! And is YOUNG!!! He's OUR Justin Smith guys.

OP
OP
Axx

Axx

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1is237nz said:
PlinytheCenter":1is237nz said:
Spread the word Golden.
It's already been done both the LOB and Bennett said pretty much the same already. Bennett flat out said he wants to be a lifer. Step back and really think about this... he's the rarest of breeds a DT that can rush the quarterback and stop the the run and play DE!!!! And is YOUNG!!! He's OUR Justin Smith guys.
if only he could play offensive guard