Congrats from a Niners fan

eforbes12

Reaction score
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the huge win. I came into this game hoping to see Peyton win one, but I couldn't help be proud of what I saw from you guys. You really proved that the NFC West's brand of football is the right way to go. I'm of course disappointed you played that brand a bit better than us this season, but we've got many years to get you back, and I can't wait to see you guys back up in Seattle. Anyways I can't tell you how impressed I was, I wish you guys nothing but the best in the future. You guys proved on the biggest stage that the you and the NFC West are a force to be reckoned with, and I'm sure it'll stay that way for a long time.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Stop it. We're supposed to hate you guys. ;)

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words...how can anyone that loves football not love the NFCW. Its old-school, smash-mouth football. BTW can we trade you for a couple of our resident Niners' fans?

Barthawk

Reaction score
Wow.. i know for a fact that I would never be happy for a Niner SB victory. As much as it pained me 5 years ago, I was pulling for the Steelers against the Cards just because I didn't want them to get one before us.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I thank you as well. I think the big powerhouses next year will be the RAMS, Niners, and Us. Good luck next season.

Xarbx425

Reaction score
Thanks kind sir! Classy post. I'm coming to realize a good chunk of 49er fans feel this way, it's just the obnoxious minority who create a bad name for the rest. This of course is the case for every fan base, even ours.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Yeah, classy thanks. Can't say I would have done the same if you would have won last year:)

Anyway, I can't wait to see the AFC West VS. the NFC West next year to prove our entire Division is heads and shoulders above the softies in the AFC West. That is going to be some fun to watch next year, beyond just our crazy divisional games.

Thanks again and Go Hawks!!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Unfortunately every fanbase has its Internet Trolls. Some, much more than others. :)

nsport

Reaction score
It goes to show that we should have the fierce rivalry with all of our NFC West foes, but at the same time we should carry the pride of being in the best division in football.

I don't know how Tom Brady and Peyton Manning can feel "as proud" as we do for our win, when all of their divisions were extraordinarily lackluster all those years. I bet if we had the Patriots in our division this year, they'd finish 5-11. Peyton's Colts would probably fair a little better, maybe a perennial 7-9 / 8-8 / 9-7 variety?

We have a best division in football, bar none!

BamKam

Reaction score
eforbes12":2ge6cvu9 said:
I just wanted to congratulate you guys on the huge win. I came into this game hoping to see Peyton win one, but I couldn't help be proud of what I saw from you guys. You really proved that the NFC West's brand of football is the right way to go. I'm of course disappointed you played that brand a bit better than us this season, but we've got many years to get you back, and I can't wait to see you guys back up in Seattle. Anyways I can't tell you how impressed I was, I wish you guys nothing but the best in the future. You guys proved on the biggest stage that the you and the NFC West are a force to be reckoned with, and I'm sure it'll stay that way for a long time.

Yessir! I was happy to show how much more dominant the NFC was in general. This is a big boys conference. AFC is going to be a flag football conference for the next 5-6 years. Cool fantasy football numbers but the Lombardi will stay with the NFC.

The rivalry will be fun and now more fuel to the fire now that we have won it all. I am actually way more excited for our 6 NFC West games next year than any of our OOC games.

drdiags

Reaction score
Thanks for the shout out.

SIDE TOPIC: I wonder how little the division is paying QBs (except for St Louis, maybe??) affects the make-up of the NFCW defenses. As the costs go up, where are the trade-offs made?

I am hoping it doesn't impact the core construction and performance of the teams, just a fleeting thought. What I like about the team is that it has a solid defensive core, yet has a diverse enough offense with a good running game to punish those defenses that are put together as an after-thought. Not sure why the Pats defense hasn't gelled over the past few years, with all those draft picks and Bill being a defensive-minded coach?

Largent80

Reaction score
eforbes12":28k6e8hu said:
I came into this game hoping to see Peyton win one

Not trying to be a dick but,

Evidently you missed his MVP super bowl win?

He had one, it was long overdue for us, Manning can have his legacy, we have the RING.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Thanks for the props, nice to see a cool Niners fan. And as much as I hate them, I think they would have smoked the Broncs too.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Barthawk":269r4whe said:
Wow.. i know for a fact that I would never be happy for a Niner SB victory. As much as it pained me 5 years ago, I was pulling for the Steelers against the Cards just because I didn't want them to get one before us.

You don't have to worry about any more teams getting one before us now :D