Good Job Bevell

nyc-seahawk

Reaction score
He called a good game in the superbowl. Yea, he was dealt a good hand that evening but still, good job. Hopefully he can take this positive momentum and dislay a higher level of consistency next year as we go for back to back titles.

lukerguy

Reaction score
His best game as a Seahawk. Great balance. Didn't stick with the runs up the middle when denver was clearly trying to take it away.

Axx

Reaction score
denver had zero pressure the entire game on wilson.
that may or may not make bev look bad vs wilson getting sacked 5 times.
he actually called quick dump offs unlike the past where all he calls are hail marys

ivotuk

Reaction score
Hah! Take that Bevell Bashers! Admittedly, there could be improvements everywhere, but that's Pete Carroll's motto isn't it? "We want to do this better today than it's ever been done before!"

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
I was surprised by often we threw the ball in the second half. Loved the quick passes and fly sweeps to Harvin; also liked the variety of passes to the other recievers (mixture of short and long passes). Also loved that we didn't rely on play-action on so many of our passes, there were many 3-5 step drops and pass.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3unbp6gu said:
He got lucky.

Yeah those play designs for the sweeps to Harvin and the long pass to Baldwin were awful. He's so lucky to have gained any yards.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Wait, you mean calling offensive plays against a mediocre defense is easier and more successful than six top 10 defenses in a row?

v1rotv2

Reaction score
We go 13-3 and win the Super Bowl by a bunch and he got lucky? I understand that the defense and special teams scored points but our offense scored and ate up the clock. Bevell pulled out the stops and it showed.

Great job Bevell!

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
It seems like having Percy Harvin playing, even on snaps where he's not on the field, results in Bevell calling better plays for all our other guys. We practically completed more quick slants this game than the rest of the year combined. If we're stuck with him, I hope he has learned that he needs to call every game more like the Super Bowl.

It really annoyed me that this was his best game as a Seahawks offensive coordinator, to be honest. Congrats to the job he did, but why in the hell didn't we get some more of that in our three losses this year? We had a real shot at going 19-0.

I'm hoping desperately that he maintains the improvement in the 2014 regular season, but we'll see what happens.

Jac

Reaction score
HunnyBadger":r8tsttff said:
I was surprised by often we threw the ball in the second half.

I was so surprised and excited by this. Even when it was 29-0 and 36-8, we stayed super aggressive on offense with Wilson's passing. I had incorrectly assumed that we'd try to grind the clock with the run. It was like a college mismatch when one team keeps pouring it on to climb the weekly rankings.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
As much as I get on him, he coached his butt off in the Superbowl. In fact, he didn't get all conservative, he went for the throat. Loved his playcalling in the big game.

A

Anonymous

The thing that is so awesome for me is how well-prepared and well-coached this team was going into this game. Everything was dialed-in.

I mean, you know there was going to be some skullduggery and all, but having nailed-it so beautifully, in all phases, was the ultimate in satisfaction for muah.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I suppose I will give him credit. Damn that hurt. :D

AbsolutNET

Reaction score
HawkFan72":1s72h4zu said:
AbsolutNET":1s72h4zu said:
He got lucky.

Yeah those play designs for the sweeps to Harvin and the long pass to Baldwin were awful. He's so lucky to have gained any yards.

I don't remember seeing Bevel running that sweep. That was a play Harvin brought with him from Minnesota.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
AbsolutNET":3ma69iok said:
HawkFan72":3ma69iok said:
AbsolutNET":3ma69iok said:
He got lucky.

I don't remember seeing Bevel running that sweep. That was a play Harvin brought with him from Minnesota.

Where his offensive coordinator was...................Bevell.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Coming from one of his harshest critics I'd say he called a helluva game, Kudos to him for that. If he called plays like that all of the time I'd have no problem with him. To piggyback on iRo's point, I hope he learned something with this success. :th2thumbs: