Should whole defense be known as LOB?

Blitzhawk

Reaction score
I was thinking about this a bit myself before but Sherm's comments at his Superbowl parade speech reinforced my thoughts. He said "the Legion of Boom is more than just the secondary. It is the LBR's, the Dline, the whole defense."

I agree whole heartedly. While secondary really started the hard hitting play making and earned the name, the rest of the D has caught up and took on that persona. You have LBR's like Wags, KJ, Malcom, and even Bruce making big hits, causing fumbles, and ball hawking in their own right. The Dline is relentlessly attacking the QB and hitting those RB's. All this helps the secondary do what they do.

While I have mixed feelings on this, I think I have more positive that we should start calling this whole D the LOB. What say you?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I believe so. Years from now the NFL world won't talk Legion Of Boom as just the secondary. It will be the greatest defense in NFL history. You know the rest of the defense had to feel slighted with all the secondary talk. I think that was a great idea for Sherm to start including the entire defense as the LOB.

HunnyBadger

Reaction score
It's funny that Maxwell never seems to get much acknowledgement from Sherm. When they introduce the secondary starters out of tunnel on game days, I often see Sherm ignoring Maxwell but giving high-fives to Chancellor and Thomas.

Needless to say Sherm was tight with BB, but it seems Maxwell has earned recognition.

In the end I don't care what they call themselves, as long as they play this brand of defense.

kidhawk

Reaction score
I don't believe it will catch on with media or other team's fans. For them I believe the LOB will always be the secondary, but as a Seahawks fan, I've felt that it should pertain to our defense as a whole for awhile now. I fully embrace it and hope it does catch on...at least within the team and it's fans

SeaTown81

Reaction score
I always thought that the entire defense should be known as the LOB, not just the secondary. Sherm saying it yesterday was beautiful.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Legion of Boom will be what they call the D 5 or 10 years from now. It is our Orange Crush, Steel Curtain, etc.

You know you're a great one when you have a name, and that's the one the media will refer to this one as.

The players know this, which is why Sherman said what he said.

On Malcolm Smith's INT return, Raible yelled out "The Legion of Boom does it again!" even though no members of the secondary had anything to do with that play. It was D-line and a Linebacker.

People are referring to the whole D as that more and more.