Where was Christine Michaels?

blazen2392

Reaction score
Dude is a straight beast. He destroys Turbin as an RB. Where was he this season? hes more of a lesean mccoy style runner, aka he will last in this league. This guy was eddie lacy talent. why wasn't he Lynch's back up?

THUGCAPS

Reaction score
I don't know if you were here during the season or not, but we pretty much discussed this every other week. It's a combination of Pete not wanting any mistakes and Turbin being a better pass blocker.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
blazen2392":17uoe3vs said:
He destroys Turbin as an RB.

What do you base that on? None of us have ever seen him take a meaningful snap in the NFL. There's a long, long list of pre-season heroes who never do anything when the games matter.

That being said, I'm hopeful for his future. If he can develop into a complete, ball-securing RB, then I think he can be a big star.

kidhawk

Reaction score
He wasn't ready to be the all around player we needed...ie blocking, route running all the nuances of the game besides just taking a hand off. Turbin had similar issues his first year, and lost a lot of time while he got prepared. Look for CM to play a role next season and if he can get up to speed on the whole game, he could eventually be our RB of the future (guess we might as well talk about that since we can finally put to rest needing a QB of the future)

PDX12

Reaction score
Use the search button. Also, it's "Christine Michael."

In short: :141847_bnono:

Largent80

Reaction score
He was videobombing the celebration yesterday inside the clink, as also did Bobby Wagner. I was laughing my ass off.

Mr.Hawkbrah

Reaction score
All I know is I haven't lost faith, any people labeling him as a bust will be in for a great surprise in due time.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
DavidSeven":34a1tuzn said:
blazen2392":34a1tuzn said:

What do you base that on? None of us have ever seen him take a meaningful snap in the NFL. There's a long, long list of pre-season heroes who never do anything when the games matter.

That being said, I'm hopeful for his future. If he can develop into a complete, ball-securing RB, then I think he can be a big star.

I mean, he couldn't possibly be worse as a RB (or returner) than Turbin was this year. Unless he constantly fumbled.

I'm not so much a Michael fan as I am a Turbin hater.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":3thz7gkk said:
DavidSeven":3thz7gkk said:
blazen2392":3thz7gkk said:

I mean, he couldn't possibly be worse as a RB (or returner) than Turbin was this year. Unless he constantly fumbled.

I think we had O-line issues this year that aren't really being taken into consideration. Turbin's numbers dropped by about the same average that Marshawn's did. He also had the unfortunate luck of having literally all of his big runs called back on 50/50 penalties. His rookie year YPC was the same as Michael's was in garbage time this year.

That being said, I understand that Michael has "flashed" more on tape as a pure runner. It'll be a good competition between them moving forward.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Can't really worry about a guy who did absolutely nothing. They just won the superbowl, it matters not.

Erebus

Reaction score
Does anyone find it a coincidence that he was in the coach's dog house in his last college season, and then didn't play a meaningful snap for us his rookie year? I think it may have more to do with attitude than ability or pass blocking.

sutz

Reaction score
I can't recall a player getting more love on less production in years and years, maybe ever. :229031_shrug:

kidhawk

Reaction score
sutz":20xq5hp9 said:
I can't recall a player getting more love on less production in years and years, maybe ever. :229031_shrug:

Well maybe a few qb's, but luckily we won't have that problem for a long time now

seedhawk

Reaction score
Still, he has been protected altho inactive on the 53 roster all year. Could it be we are just letting him learn and saving wear and tear, while not exposing him to poachers?

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":gmbxokr0 said:

I'm sorry to report that the NFL has not lifted the "Turbin Rule" ie.. every time Turbin makes a run of 15+ yards, a Holding call is automatically made.

Geologic

Reaction score
sutz":21hy8tcf said:
Maybe Percy Harvin (except for the Super Bowl)?

I can't wait for a healthy Percy Harvin to play a huge role in next season in our offense though. I'm excited for more Christine touches too next year. Anyone know if he is a pass catcher too like LeSean Mccoy?

hawker84

Reaction score
Not sure what turbins done to make folks want Michael in so bad instead of Turbin? evertime i see him in the game, he having a huge run only to be called back... I like Michael as much as the next guy, and i think he'll be the better more explosive of the two , but at the same time, he was just a rookie and was still soaking in the offense. Give him some time i think once Marshawn is done, you'll see Michael starting and turbin as the back up, 3rd down back. Just a guess though.

Floridahawk79

Reaction score
Erebus":8fw3q4ix said:
Does anyone find it a coincidence that he was in the coach's dog house in his last college season, and then didn't play a meaningful snap for us his rookie year? I think it may have more to do with attitude than ability or pass blocking.

I agree, he may have some maturity issues. Watching him yesterday on the stage and I seem to recall on a RRR he said something that I think Clemons got after him for that wasn't very mature. He's young and Pete is probably the best coach for him.
Time will tell.