Super Bowl Champ Season - Your 3 favorite plays this year

dukestar

Reaction score
Brock and Danny had a great 3rd hour where they had people call in and tell them their favorite play f the season. When you have a chance scoot ovet to their podcast site and check it out. http://mynorthwest.com/category/sports_pod_results/?p=1007&n=Brock and Danny

This got me thinking what was my favorite and there was no way I could pick one. So I settled for 3 (even this was hard). I'll kick it off and we'll see what we all come up with. Maybe someone with the expertise can gather them on video with Raibles calls. That would be awesome.

3. Percy Harvin SB XLVIII second half kick off TD return. 22-0 at the half was good but there was still a seed of doubt. In hindsight this doubt was not warranted. But after PH ripped that return off it was clear we were not losing this game. I was absolutely relieved and could sit back and just enjoy the rest of the game with no anxiety. We were Champs. I've been a Hawks fan since the AFC days and I was so happy.

2. Malcolm Smith Interception NFCCG. This was incredible. SF marches down has 1st down, 2 timeouts and 30 odd seconds on the clock i the red zone. Had me sweating like the last time we played SF in December and they kick the FG to win. When Kap throws to Crabtree and Sherman max extends to tip the ball to Smith my son I expode in delirium screaming "we're going to the super bowl" over and over. Intense moment followed by shear joy.

1. Marshawn Lynch Trolling SF defenders TD Game 2. My sons and I went to this game and had seats right at the goal line where Lynch went in. This play was incredible. When he went and stood at the goal line and trolled the SF defender we, along with everyone in our section, exploded in laughter. It was so ML. Everything about that play was perfect. RW getting blitzed, ML peeling off all alone, RW lobbing a perfect pass. ML standing at the goal line waiting for a defender to make a move. ML dropping the ball, the ball barely bouncing an inch off the turf, and then ML walking back to the sideline flashing the Peace sign to the SF sideline. Epic. That play early in the season in a critical inter-division game was my absolute favorite.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Marshawn long run vs Texans

Kam's first hit on Damarius in SB

Tate "waving" TD @ Rams

I dunno. I could probably mix and match any of 7-10 other plays. "The Tip" is hard to leave out of any list.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Tip.....IMO the most important play in the history of the franchise.

Malcom's pick 6 in XLVIII.....really put the Donkeys on the edge of the grave and right on the precipice of being relaxed and knowing our guys would win.

Percy's TD return in XLVIII.....the final nail in the coffin and the play that started my celebration and left me knowing the Hawks had it.

Sherm's pick 6 vs. the Texans.....yeah I know I cheated. Don't care. Champions! :D

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Love all the selections so far. Hard for me to pick just 3, so besides the ones already mentioned, a few more of my favs;

-Marshawn turning the Atlanta defender into a pez dispenser with his stiff arm

-tates one handed touchdown grab in corner of endzone against atlanta

-Bennett's fumble recovery for touchdown against saints

Also shout out to chancellor blowing up cardinals lineman and tackling the back.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Sherman Pick 6 vs. Texans — Won the game, in a game I thought we had no business winning. A monster play.

Marshawns TD run in NFCC — Finished digging us out of our 10-0 hole. I knew we had a legit shot to win the game once he ripped that one off. It was a brilliant individual effort.

The Immaculate Deflection — Greatest Defensive play in Seahawks history. Gotta be in the Top 3.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
My three based on their significance.

3. The 4th and 7 4th quarter Russell Wilson TD pass to Jermaine Kearse... to FINALLY take the lead (20-17) in the NFC Championship Game.

2. The Tip... to seal the victory and guarantee a trip to SB XLVIII.

1. Percy Harvin's kickoff return for TD to start the 2nd half of SB XLVIII... to go up 29-0 and essentially seal the victory and earn the franchise's first Lombardi trophy for the city of Seattle and the 12s everywhere.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
Warren moons scream has got to be somewhere in there for me aswell

Zybot

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":38pbf1da said:
My three based on their significance.

3. The 4th and 7 4th quarter Russell Wilson TD pass to Jermaine Kearse... to FINALLY take the lead (20-17) in the NFC Championship Game.

2. The Tip... to seal the victory and guarantee a trip to SB XLVIII.

1. Percy Harvin's kickoff return for TD to start the 2nd half of SB XLVIII... to go up 29-0 and essentially seal the victory and earn the franchise's first Lombardi trophy for the city of Seattle and the 12s everywhere.
How could I forget the 4th and 7 play. That might be my favorite play of the season. This is a pretty good list.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Sherman Pick 6 against Houston

The Immaculate Deflection

Kearse Go-Ahead TD in NFCC

Honorable Mention:

Kearse Pinball TD in SB

Husky Seahawk

Reaction score
It is super tough but I'll give it a go.

1. The Tip

2. Bennett's TD return vs. the Saints

3. Sherman's pick 6 vs. Houston

Honorable mentions go to Percy's Kickoff Return in the Superbowl. The 4th and 7 TD in the NFC Championship game. Also 43 yard game winning TD catch by Kearse in week 1 vs. the Panthers.

Crizilla

Reaction score
I really loved Tate's one handed tippy toe catch against Atlanta.

Percy's return in the superbowl.

And The Tip.

Baldwin had like 10 catches that could make the list as well.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
Here's mine

Sherman Pick 6

Sherman tip to Smith if NFC CG

Harvin return TD in SB because it was a huge sigh of relief making it 29-0 and great way to set the tone for the 2nd half.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Lynch walking into the end zone vs SF

Harvin's KR in the Super Bowl

The tip

Honorable mention to Wilson's spinneroony TD pass vs Jax

Bux005

Reaction score
For me:
Sherm tip
Percy kick return
Kearse double 360 TD

4th and 7
Sherm pick 6 at Houston
Bennett td on MNF
Should make this a top 10. The Super Bowl alone had so many great plays. It may change as I look back later cause the super bowl is so huge and so fresh in my mind. I can't wait for the blu ray I purchased from the team store, will probably watch it 30 times in the week after I get it

Hawknballs

Reaction score
Barthawk":328q6p2u said:
Throwdown":328q6p2u said:
Lynch walking into the end zone vs SF

Harvin's KR in the Super Bowl

The tip

Honorable mention to Wilson's spinneroony TD pass vs Jax

my three exactly.. I would switch the tip and the KR return though

yeah those are good but no way can I just pick 3. so many.

And think about last year too..damn....there were more better moments in the past two seasons than the past 20 years.

so many great plays.

what about that catch by tate int he corner of the end zone vs. Atlanta to end the half, or the flea flicker?

or the 4th and 7 TD. . .

too many.