Has the Super Bowl win sunk in for you?

• Yes

Votes: 33 40.2%
  • No

Votes: 49 59.8%

• Total voters

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
I was talking to a friend of mine last night, telling him it still doesn't feel real.. that every season I've been alive for has inevitably ended in some form of disappointment.

It's still such a surreal feeling putting on my Super Bowl champions hat every day this week. But it still hasn't fully sunk in yet. In fact I am still used to getting set for another game on Sunday.

OrFan

Reaction score
Absolutely! I was so ready for it, had waited so long, when it happened it was like an old friend came home.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I would have voted "Not Really" had it been a choice.

Next opportunity to sink in... day one of the NFL Draft... May 8th.

Next opportunity after that... when the team is presented its rings.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Not yet. I challenge you to say the following out loud: "The Seattle Seahawks are Super Bowl Champions!"

...and still not shake your head, smile and say something like, "Is this real? Am I dreaming?"

It's real! THE SEAHAWKS WON THE SUPER BOWL!!!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
It's starting to. Weird, really. I've had 38 damned years of "hey, maybe next time, guys." All those years of disappointment have been ingrained for so long, it's hard to fathom that nope, not this year, it doesn't end the way it has for all my life. This year I've done something I've never done before, but only watched in muted envy as others around me celebrated their team as the champions. Even in '05, when it felt like we were the better team, we weren't the champions. Now we are.

The phrase "World Champion Seattle Seahawks" is a whole new thing. It takes a bit of adjusting to, even if it's so very much fun to do so.

MagHawk

Reaction score
Seeing the trophy in person yesterday did it for me!

That, and actually being part of a city-wide celebration in the streets really helped!

:th2thumbs:

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
I can't tell. I feel so weird. I was so used to the Seahawks never having won a Super Bowl, it was so ingrained into who I am that I can't really tell if this whole thing has finally filled that void or just created a new one. It's uncharted territory for me and I'm not sure what to do with it all. This was like the one thing in my life that I've always wanted, that I've always thought if, someday, hopefully before I die, etc. and now that it's happened I don't know what to do with all that displaced hope, anxiety, whatever it is. My dream came true, now just go back to work and life and... what? I dunno. Hahahaha I think I'm losing my mind.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":3adiarie said:
It's starting to. Weird, really. I've had 38 damned years of "hey, maybe next time, guys." All those years of disappointment have been ingrained for so long, it's hard to fathom that nope, not this year, it doesn't end the way it has for all my life. This year I've done something I've never done before, but only watched in muted envy as others around me celebrated their team as the champions. Even in '05, when it felt like we were the better team, we weren't the champions. Now we are.

The phrase "World Champion Seattle Seahawks" is a whole new thing. It takes a bit of adjusting to, even if it's so very much fun to do so.

Well put. As a proud member of the 38 Club, that is a lot of years ingrained in us where we are used to the Seahawks either falling far short or when it does finally happen we get robbed by the most atrocious officiating in SB history. To be Super Bowl Champions seemed like the impossible dream for those of us that have been 12's since 1976. Even with the Lombardi pictures and video it is still a slow process for me to fully realize this is really not a wonderful dream I'm having, but in fact the reality we have been waiting for all our lives.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
This might sound weird or boastful even, but I feel like this is all Anti-climatic now. It's over.

Maybe it just hasn't really sunk in yet, idk. What I do know is...

I've got a smile, for everyone I meet
as long as you don't try dragging me down...

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
400WattHPSHawk":2oq8qgmr said:
This might sound weird or boastful even, but I feel like this is all Anti-climatic now. It's over.

Maybe it just hasn't really sunk in yet, idk. What I do know is...

I've got a smile, for everyone I meet
as long as you don't try dragging me down...

I think that the fact that it was such a beat down, such a dismantling, it didn't give us that "moment" where we won. It was almost over before it started. As opposed to the NFCC game, which was up and down and uncertain until that moment, and then we were able to let it all out and scream and jump and laugh and cry and hug and let all that honest, raw emotion out. The SB didn't really give me that moment, that exhale.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not complaining. :mrgreen:

James in PA

Reaction score
It's funny because I got a little bit teary eyed after we won the NFC Championship Game. But surprisingly I didn't get teary-eyed after we won the Superbowl, which I was always certain would happen if we won it all. I'm not sure exactly why this is. A few theories: 1) maybe deep down I knew the NFC Championship Game was the "real" Super Bowl, 2) the Super Bowl was such a laugher that it took some of the emotion and drama out of everything, 3) it hasn't truly sunk in yet!

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Aros":14rj1t3i said:
Seahawk Sailor":14rj1t3i said:

Well put. As a proud member of the 38 Club, that is a lot of years ingrained in us where we are used to the Seahawks either falling far short or when it does finally happen we get robbed by the most atrocious officiating in SB history. To be Super Bowl Champions seemed like the impossible dream for those of us that have been 12's since 1976. Even with the Lombardi pictures and video it is still a slow process for me to fully realize this is really not a wonderful dream I'm having, but in fact the reality we have been waiting for all our lives.

38 club! Love it. Since Sunday I have had moments of incredulous reality where I keep reminding myself that this is real. It one of the reasons I drove across the state yesterday to see it and be part of it. Seeing the Lombardi held up by Derrick Coleman brought it much closer for me. Can't say I am totally there yet which is fine. Its kind of fun to get those spine tingling, eye watering moments day after day.

Regarding the 38 club, as I looked around at the masses yesterday and looked at the younger faces who have been able to follow this team for their entire lives, I began to wonder if the joy was the same in them as it was for those of us who can actually remember the Patera years. I'm not saying either way is better or worse, just wondering how its different. It also got me thinking about our "friends" to the south and how they often spout their 5 rings rhetoric. How many of the more boisterous ones can even remember the joy that is ever so fresh in our minds?

Msfann

Reaction score
I've said it before and I'll say it again.. Seattle doesn't win things like this. The city is known for some pretty decent teams that eventually get ran over and forgot about outside of the pacific northwest.

I thought if we did win another major championship (after the Sonics) it would be from just barely squeaking a win out by the skin of our teeth and it would be a win due to something controversial like the Golden Tate green bay catch.

I NEVER expected a blowout, my mind cant fully grasp that yet.

drdiags

Reaction score
Takes an edge off my eventual demise. Bucket list? I don't need no stinking Bucket list!

I figure this is the year NFLN stops doing the Superbowl series. Would be cool if they chose Clemons, MRob and Marshawn Lynch. Though I guess Pete Carroll would be one of the choices. Just want another perspective other than Wilson's and Sherman's. What do I know?

12thManNorth

Reaction score
It's sunk in for me, and was actually crying my eyes out after the game. Funny though is that all season long I was SO confident in this team that winning it almost felt like a foregone conclusion in some respects. We really didn't have much to sweat out all year except for the NFC championship game. Kinda funny that each loss pissed me off about 5X more than I was happy about any win (postseason excluded). After the Super Bowl I rewatched the ATL playoff game from last year and FINALLY felt some closure about how last season ended. I think that's what I'm most happy about, moving on from all the woulda's, coulda's, and shoulda's

imnKOgnito

Reaction score
I think I finally cried at the rally, something I was sure I'd do in the stands at the game when we won. I guess it took a few days for the enormity of it all to sink in. We're finally in the club. I knew we'd have to kick down the door to get there, and this team did just that. When Walter raised the flag at the rally I just about lost it. This one was not just for the team, but for all of the 12's, short suffering and especially long suffering, and for guys like Walter Jones, Kenny Easley, Steve Largent and Cortez Kennedy that gave their all for this franchise, but never got to finish the deal.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
I keep googling pictures of RW holding up the Lombardi trophy to make sure they haven't vanished yet like marty mcfly in back to the future.

gargantual

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":3dhfyvcz said:
I can't tell. I feel so weird. I was so used to the Seahawks never having won a Super Bowl, it was so ingrained into who I am that I can't really tell if this whole thing has finally filled that void or just created a new one. It's uncharted territory for me and I'm not sure what to do with it all. This was like the one thing in my life that I've always wanted, that I've always thought if, someday, hopefully before I die, etc. and now that it's happened I don't know what to do with all that displaced hope, anxiety, whatever it is. My dream came true, now just go back to work and life and... what? I dunno. Hahahaha I think I'm losing my mind.
This is SO me.... to a "T"!!!!!!!!

I can't wrap my brain around it! Keep expecting to wake up.