the 12th man the most unfair sports advantage of all time?

blazen2392

Reaction score
I shouldn't feel extremely confident that if we win the #1 seed next year, were pretty much secured to go to the superbowl. but for some reason i do.

seahawksny

Reaction score
blazen2392":97cs56rm said:
I shouldn't feel extremely confident that if we win the #1 seed next year, were pretty much secured to go to the superbowl. but for some reason i do.

Confident? yes
but nothing is secure.

Msfann

Reaction score
I still laugh that a few nuts think the NFL pumped in 12th man noise at the super bowl as part of a conspiracy to help us win. (I don't have a link but i have read it)

lsheldon

Reaction score
What is unfair about a fan base supporting their team? I'm sorry, but that sounds about as stupid as other fan bases sending letters to the NFL commissioner to complain about our stadium's noise.

The 12th man is an advantage, but it isn't our fault other fan bases are too stupid to cheer for their team.

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
There's nothing unfair about it- we have crazy fans who have started travelling en masse like a top team's fans. That means results.

Msfann

Reaction score
Other teams fans choose to be quieter. not our fault/problem.

They are free to be just as loud anytime they want.

HawkWow

Reaction score
When I was into handicapping games, I typically awarded most teams a 2-4 pt HFA.

Fearing I may be bias, I had to think and re-think the Clink (and Kingdome), but ultimately concluded that our HFA was worth no less than 7 pts (!). Unheard of in professional football, but more accurate than not.

My partners (non Hawk fans) finally caved in and started doing the same. To my knowledge they continue to do so today. Go 12. There's no place like home.

warden

Reaction score
one play decided the NFC Championship. The game came down to the wire. At home we are more likely to come up with that one big play but every once in a while our opponent will come up with it

NorCalHawk12

Reaction score
Heck ya!!!! Don't spread it around. I don't think anyone has noticed.
My neighbors, however, wonder what all the screaming is on Sundays... I'm just trying to get my voice to the PaulAllenDome...I mean Seahawks Stadium...I mean Qwest Field...aw heck, I can't keep up.
It's only 600 miles away...

HolyCatfish

Reaction score
It's unfair actually. Scientifically, sound travels faster in damp air. So not only are we unbearably loud, according to the rest of the league, but our sound is also the fastest!