Russell switched Gatorade sides because of left shoulder

Axx

Reaction score
Tjack 2.0 playing through injuries

SilkMonkey

Reaction score
If he didn't miss practice or have to alter his routine he doesn't have to show up on injury reports.

The opposite of Tom Brady being questionable every day for 5 years. :p

Wartooth

Reaction score
I re-watched the first 9er's game the other night.
I think that hit he took going out of bounds after a run was when he got is shoulder hurt.
He landed full on his left shoulder, and he never ran much again after that game.
I figured he was hurt, his flac jacket was a lot bigger after that game.
He's one tough Hombre if that was when it happened!
Either way, it just lends to his legend going forward!

Basis4day

Reaction score
There is no such thing as a healthy football player.

lukerguy

Reaction score
I guess this explains the reluctance to run the read option all year.

Timberhawk

Reaction score
Wow, interesting. So many cool stories of toughness this year. I still love the Luke Willson story as well.

Cool we won the SB without needing to rely on the Read Option. Of course, Wilson is just a "game manager" :)

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
The first game he started to wear half-sleeves, you can see padding under the sleeve on his left deltoid. I forgot what game it was, but it was around midseason for an away game. That's when I first began to believe he was playing injured the 2nd half of the season. It kinda clears up the question about running the read option.

jblaze

Reaction score
PC said in an interview yesterday that Russell had a left shoulder for the majority of the year and that was a factor in him running or designing plays for him to run.

Cloak and dagger indeed. Good to keep that close to the vest as opposed to giving opposing defenses something to tee off on.

brendonkuhn

Reaction score
I do know Tampa Bay game he was hurt so badly that he couldn't take off his pads post game. Terry Blount revelaed that on a radio interview a few weeks later.

Donn2390

Reaction score
I would like to hear more about the shoulder. If it didn't get better after several months, doe that mean it needs surgery? What exactly is the problem, and what is the solution??

DavidSeven

Reaction score
He hurt it in the Tampa Bay game. He began wearing sleeves in Atlanta (IN A DOME). I mentioned it several times since then. It was obvious to me. Team probably tried to hide it to avoid targeting.

SDHawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":1fa0z7ye said:
He hurt it in the Tampa Bay game. He began wearing sleeves in Atlanta (IN A DOME). I mentioned it several times since then. It was obvious to me. Team probably tried to hide it to avoid targeting.

Was it that hit by Gerald McCoy?

ilGBqOWjavBWZ.gif

I remember Wilson taking a brutal hit from him. Then McCoy got hurt later in the game and Wilson came over to check on him. McCoy later tweeted this:

Kdsi2o

Seanhawk

Reaction score
DavidSeven":28mg47w1 said:

Yep. He also started wearing shoulder pads that stuck out further on the left side.

Exittium

Reaction score
Yeah too bad that even after Wilson got rid of the ball he was smased faithfully into the ground.. And our lack of an oline didn't help.. So its not surprising.. Let's hope stuff goes better this yr

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Many might have forgotten how dangerous that whole McQ at LT thing was for like an eight game stretch. Russell was getting pounded. Him getting hurt was a legit fear every single game until Okung came back.

253hawk

Reaction score
He drew two roughing the passer calls and an unnecessary roughness call in that game and probably took a few other shots that weren't called; McCoy got a fat fine for one of them and another a few weeks later on Matt Ryan. Greg Schiano football, folks.

plyka

Reaction score
TDOTSEAHAWK":2f9kjag2 said:
http://inagist.com/all/431211713103294466/

Wow. PC is the master of cloak and dagger. Apparently Russell's left shoulder had been hurting him for a couple of weeks.

I'm pretty sure i 100% know when it happened. This is just a guess, but when he made that huge pass to Baldwin in the SF game (50 + yarder), a SF defender absolutely laid him out on what was a late hit, and drove his left shoulder into the ground.

chris98251

Reaction score
It could have been two fold, he could have hurt it one game and then got it injured by repeated contact on it the following week.