Cleveland Sports Radio Reacts to Seahawks SB and Dan Quinn

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Cliff's notes version?

Let me guess... they're REALLY bummed that the Browns didn't wait until after the SB for Dan to be available.

TIA

kidhawk

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":1tv67gc5 said:
Cliff's notes version?

Let me guess... they're REALLY bummed that the Browns didn't wait until after the SB for Dan to be available.

TIA

I'm only a few minutes in, but apparently one of the guys is a Bronco fan and was at the game. He is so sad

OP
OP
Basis4day

Basis4day

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2hg1t1q5 said:
Cliff's notes version?

TIA

Part of it. They're in awe of the defense. A lot of praise for the way Schneider built the team. Nothing Seahawks fans don't know, but i really enjoy hearing other fan bases come around to the Seahawks method.

I love living in the age of podcasts and streaming. Makes being an out of area fan so much more manageable.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
I really do think Dan Quinn would have taken the Browns job too.

Just another feather in the Brown's long history of futility.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
These guys are hard to listen to. They take calls but interrupt the callers after 5 words.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I wonder how the Bay Arena talk shows sounded on MONDAY with Bill Romo, and Rod Woodson.

lukerguy

Reaction score
The Browns have a money D. He could have turned it into a division champ. Ravens and Steelers are on the way down. Bengals are choke artists.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Seahawks1983":115z4zus said:
These guys are hard to listen to. They take calls but interrupt the callers after 5 words.

Yea, I wouldn't want to listen to them on a regular basis but this bit was fun to listen to, just for the delight I felt in the Bronco fans misery....delicious tears

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
jlwaters1":3dgdnn7s said:
I wonder how the Bay Arena talk shows sounded on MONDAY with Bill Romo, and Rod Woodson.
I think "subdued" would be an understatement.

They probably ignored the game completely and talked about Giants and A's baseball.

Exittium

Reaction score
Wasn't it Quinn who said he turned down the 2nd interview with Cleveland because he wants to be all in during the SB and wait for the season to be over...

http://coachingsearch.247sports.com...ns-why-he-turned-down-Cleveland-Browns-175103

Dan Quinn":113dvcbc said:
“We talked early, when we had our bye,” he said. “I thought that was the appropriate time to talk to them. After that, I really wanted to wait until our season was over. That was important to me, for our team and our players, to let them know I’m all in and with them. That’s why I didn’t want to have any follow-ups after that initial meeting during our preparation time. As you can imagine, it’s hard enough to get prepared for Denver and their offense.”

HawkFan72

Reaction score
I honestly don't think Quinn would have been a good choice for them.

He's only had one year as a DC at this level (and even then his interviews were not impressive enough to be Carroll's first choice, he chose Bradley over Quinn during his first season).

He inherited a Defense that was already the #1 scoring D in the NFL. He just helped them to get even better and more consistent. But it's not like he took some scrubs and made them amazing. Plus, he had Avril and Bennett to work with where Bradley did not.

And it was Carroll's Defense that Quinn gave input into. It's not like we have an Offensive-minded Head Coach and Quinn ran the show on Defense.

Don't get me wrong, I think Quinn is a great coordinator and an improvement over Bradley. I'm extremely happy he is staying another year. As a DC, I wouldn't want anyone else.

But I just don't think he's ready to be a HEAD COACH. Especially one in a situation where the team is desperate and needs some stability. He needs some more time, IMO.

Jville

Reaction score
In my opinion, Dan Quinn dodged a bullet by staying put. I think he'll see a better offer with greater authority over team decisions ..... next year.

I expect Dan Quinn to leverage his negotiating position between now and the beginning of next year.

chris98251

Reaction score
Watch Dallas next year, I think they are putting a band aide on things right now and it gets blown up again. I can see Jones grabbing him if he is available.

kidhawk

Reaction score
Jville":3nzbb2z2 said:
In my opinion, Dan Quinn dodged a bullet by staying put. I think he'll see a better offer with greater authority over team decisions ..... next year.

I expect Dan Quinn to leverage his negotiating position between now and the beginning of next year.

That's entirely possible, but sometimes it's good to take a horrible first job that nobody expects anything to come out of it. It's really a can't lose situation. If you fail, then it's just Cleveland and NOBODY is successful there, but if by some chance you do get success there, then you become a hero. Besides, often times, the first head coaching job is just a learning situation. Look at Pete as a prime example. He was far from stellar at his previous NFL head coaching stops, and it's been brought up ad nauseum since he came here, but he learned something at every job and is using it today to build what we have.