throw back uni's rule

Missing_Clink

Reaction score
Since the NFL either made a rule or issued the strong recommendation that teams never wear helmets other than their normal color, I doubt we will ever see it. For the life of me I do not understand that one.

A pity too because I absolutely love our original unis and color scheme.

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
More specifically, the recommendation was that players have to wear the same helmet year-round. This is why the Packers wore their yellow helmets in their throwback game this year without the "G" logo; they simply removed the decal but retained the helmets.

green-bay-packers-throwback-jerseys-article2.jpg

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
I don't get the fascination the throwbacks. Why would your want to wear anything else when you just won the Super Bowl with the current unis? Seems a little nutty to me.

Basis4day

Reaction score
ChiefHawk":2uscgre3 said:
Couldn't a temporary wrap on the helmet, like we see on some cars/trucks for advertising, be used to emulate the old silver helmet look?

That's pretty much the only thing you can do.

Teams are allowed one alternate uniform design which can not be altered for five years upon introduction. We are locked in to the Wolf Grey alternates for three more seasons. Only a special exemption by the Commissioner would allow for throwbacks to be worn before those three seasons are up. You're only allowed to wear alternates twice in the regular season, so if you want throwbacks, that would be one less chance to see wolf grey.

Paul Allen also dislikes the silver helmet era unis.

dopeboy206

Reaction score
Basis4day":3efi6qsv said:
ChiefHawk":3efi6qsv said:
Couldn't a temporary wrap on the helmet, like we see on some cars/trucks for advertising, be used to emulate the old silver helmet look?

Teams are allowed one alternate uniform design which can not be altered for five years upon introduction. We are locked in to the Wolf Grey alternates for three more seasons. Only a special exemption by the Commissioner would allow for throwbacks to be worn before those three seasons are up. You're only allowed to wear alternates twice in the regular season, so if you want throwbacks, that would be one less chance to see wolf grey.

Didn't we wear the lime greens recently?

volsunghawk

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1vy5w1rl said:
Basis4day":1vy5w1rl said:
ChiefHawk":1vy5w1rl said:

You mean in 2009, which predates our new uniforms' introduction by 3 seasons? :|

Basis4day

Reaction score
dopeboy206":1a65q9n2 said:
Basis4day":1a65q9n2 said:
ChiefHawk":1a65q9n2 said:

They were last worn in 2009 and was the Reebok era. We were granted an exemption when Nike took over as uniform supplier for the 2012 season and it reset the clock.

Seahawks1983

Reaction score
dopeboy206":35ctzbwz said:
Basis4day":35ctzbwz said:
ChiefHawk":35ctzbwz said:

Damn you Jay Cutler.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I always loved the originals. I thought they were the best in the NFL. Raiders were my 2nd favorite uniforms.

At this point in time, I couldn't care less if I ever see them on the field again.
This forum has plenty of uniform threads, and it's been proven IMHO, there is no correct answer. Only opinions.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":v4873jhg said:
I don't get the fascination the throwbacks. Why would your want to wear anything else when you just won the Super Bowl with the current unis? Seems a little nutty to me.
I agree..The old uni's while not ugly-We didn't dominate in them..Unless Steve Largent is cloned and ready to play,I don't care if I see the old uni's anymore..

Seafan

Reaction score
chris98251":u179eyrr said:
Chuck Knox era we did pretty damn well.

That was my favorite uniform. I wouldn't mind a throwback to the Knox era uni with our dark helmets.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
That original uni is what made me a Seahawks fan that day they played the Cardinals when I was 9.

That said, my all time favorite combo has been the one they used for the Super Bowl with the previous generation combo of white pants and Blue shirts.

I wouldn't mind if we never see those old unis.

Basis4day

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3amutizz said:
That original uni is what made me a Seahawks fan that day they played the Cardinals when I was 9.

That said, my all time favorite combo has been the one they used for the Super Bowl with the previous generation combo of white pants and Blue shirts.

I wouldn't mind if we never see those old unis.

They went blue on blue in XL

schkoot

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3kkj0okp said:

I normally just lurk, but I feel like jumping in here with my explanation as to why I want to see throwbacks.

Simply stated, it connects the Knox era Hawks to our championship era team. We're not just "the new seahawks"--we're "the seahawks," and we aren't some expansion team from 2012.

Paschtorian

Reaction score
As I understand it,...........the issue is a "safety issue" regarding multiple helmets-used during a season. As each helmet is "fine-tuned" to its particular user, it becomes an issue when switching-up.

I say that's a bunch of B.S.,............as Nike (current provider of the NFL's uniforms),............seems to come-up with a new uniform (AND helmet design) EVERY game for the U-of-O Ducks,..........I find this to be a lame excuse for NOT allowing (certain) throw-back unis.

I (for one),......would love to see the old royal blue/emerald green and silver helmets for one home game next season.

Of course,.........I've only been a fanatic of the Seahawks since 1976.

Just sayin'.